• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Candy-stripe a cancer ward

shy ♡

whispers in gay
Err, well, I draw. Not always pokemon, most of the time it isn't pokemon, but I'll upload a pokemon. Because, why not.

zardg.jpg

Feel free to crit, actually please do, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and I'll take suggestions for what to draw, but I won't necessarily draw it. It has to be tempting.

Last edited:
Re: Beauty is a good letter of introduction

That's a beautiful picture, really. The rain effects are amazing. May I ask how you acheived the glowing effect on the raindrops on Charizard's body?

Anyway, onto critique. The picture is very well-shaded, so I won't touch on that. However, the Charizard's right wing (our left) is a bit wonky: it seems to be connected to the spine instead of the right shoulder - I'd suggest moving it farther to our left. Also, I'm not sure how to explain it, but the wing seems to be... parallel to us, for lack of a better word. Not entirely sure how to fix it, but perhaps making the orange bendy-over part (sorry for my horrible explaining skills) smaller would help. And one more minor anatomy nitpick: the right side of the Charizard's chest is bigger than the left, when it should be the other way around.

The ocean is very stylized and surprisingly appealing, especially the reflection. I'd recommend making the sky more cloudy, though, as there's a rainstorm going on. Instead using some overlapping blurred shapes (that's what it looks like, anyway), perhaps try using a very soft brush, perhaps an airbrush, and work the clouds in with that?

Overall it's an incredible picture - i especially love the rain and the way it fades to black at the right edge - and I'd really love to see more from you. Keep up the good work!

That's a beautiful picture, really. The rain effects are amazing. May I ask how you acheived the glowing effect on the raindrops on Charizard's body?

Anyway, onto critique. The picture is very well-shaded, so I won't touch on that. However, the Charizard's right wing (our left) is a bit wonky: it seems to be connected to the spine instead of the right shoulder - I'd suggest moving it farther to our left. Also, I'm not sure how to explain it, but the wing seems to be... parallel to us, for lack of a better word. Not entirely sure how to fix it, but perhaps making the orange bendy-over part (sorry for my horrible explaining skills) smaller would help. And one more minor anatomy nitpick: the right side of the Charizard's chest is bigger than the left, when it should be the other way around.

The ocean is very stylized and surprisingly appealing, especially the reflection. I'd recommend making the sky more cloudy, though, as there's a rainstorm going on. Instead using some overlapping blurred shapes (that's what it looks like, anyway), perhaps try using a very soft brush, perhaps an airbrush, and work the clouds in with that?

Overall it's an incredible picture - i especially love the rain and the way it fades to black at the right edge - and I'd really love to see more from you. Keep up the good work!

Thank you :] For both the crits and the compliments!

The glowing effect was done by painting the raindrops, duplicating the layer and gaussion blurring. Then I play with layer opacity of both layers.

I see what you're saying about the anatomy (wing and chest area) but I am way too lazy to go and fix it, haha. Surely you understand that, this pic is like, 100 layers, 5 alone for the lineart. Once a pic is done, it's pretty much done. I appreciate the crit tremendously though, for future art.

Ah, and... more art... because I can.

alivev.jpg

This is semi-old, recent enough for me to still like it. It's a character of mine who is not actually blue but was stylized as such for the picture. ... yep. Oh, and this was inspired by the song 'I'm Alive' from Next to Normal.

Annndd...

luxa.png

I do pixel art as well. :\ (two blue pics in one post. Er.)

stares.jpg

I have no idea what this is. I was bored and inspired, so err, I drew... something. I decided it's some sort of werewolf because they have weird anatomy, but uh, yeah.

Oh, and I've been drawing lots of rain because it's totally artistic, not because I want it to rain really badly. Honest.

grin2.jpg

I don't know, I just wanted to.

Last edited:

Ahh I never post.

I recently (yesterday) got corel painter. It's... a complicated program, so I'm just sketching with it for now. :\

muzencab.jpg

sallysk.jpg

Tbh it's quite fun. More fun to sketch than with photoshop, definitely.

Hurhur. I sketch a lot. :\

flowt2.jpg

thylash.jpg

guargushraa.jpg

These are all fakemon of mine and Kusari's.

GUYS SLOW DOWN WITH THE COMMENTS YOU'RE MAKING ME BLUSH

80812685.png

llllllo.png

Still playing with painter.

I'm a bit bemused that no one has commented on these. I think they're very good.

Art threads generally acquire little to no posts. It is a sad fate.

I like the Alakazam one, it's pretty.

I would comment but the images only load halfway.

:D I achieved comments. Success. Ty peoples.

@ St. Christopher, try right clicking > view image and refreshing.

o73e5k.jpg

Uploaded with tinypic, maybe loads better?

The newest one is very cool. Your artwork is very visually appealing; I love the details and the coloring. I feel like we should be able to see this dragon guy's other wing, though, unless there is only one.

Also I love your Charizard. =D

Yes, the other wing should definitely be there, but you know, old art is old and I don't tend to fix it. :\ It's the sort of thing you miss until the very end and then go 'o crap did I seriously do that - ah fuck it'. And then live with it because you're too lazy.

But. Yes. PRETEND THERE IS ANOTHER WING IT IS THERE IT'S JUST VERY HARD TO SEE~~~~ sdfsd.

Anyhow. Er. I realize I've never posted like, anthros, or humans, or anything. So.

tony4.png

Anthony. He is a raccoon, but he walks on his toes, because I want him to. Hrr.

kyled.png

Kyle. He's cool. I rather suck at humans. Dx

akha2.png

T'was a commission, not my character.

Art threads generally acquire little to no posts. It is a sad fate.
*cries in a corner* It's true . . .

but holy crap, your artwork is awesome. It's midmorning here and I need sleep now but I may make a decent post when I have awake-ness.

Yes, the other wing should definitely be there, but you know, old art is old and I don't tend to fix it. :\ It's the sort of thing you miss until the very end and then go 'o crap did I seriously do that - ah fuck it'. And then live with it because you're too lazy.

Haha, it happens. Still looks awesome. I never really touch up my old sketches - I draw them in a certain mindset and I guess I need that mindset again to work on it again.

Your anthros are very nice looking as well. The poses and anatomy all look great =3

I wish I had critique to give because I know I always appreciate critique, but I can't really come up with anything. =c Keep up the good work!

And the worst part is, often the very best art threads get even fewer comments, but mostly I put it down to people seeing the art and basically going O.O. I, for one, feel silly posting "OMG these are SO GOOD" because it's so unhelpful, but your pictures really, really are and I'm nowhere near good enough an artist to offer any helpful crit D:

:[ You guys are so nice. I'm sure there are some stuffs you see wrong though. I mean. Feel free to tear whatever you want apart. But. If not. Your comments are lovely. <3

No art this time, sorry, I'm at my sister's and don't have any access to pics. :<

Back from my sister's with arts! Well, just more sketches, really. :v

- Doodles of a raccoon, arm, kitty mouth and ... foot.
- Hibits.
- Random dragon head.
- Hairy/woolly ibex. Idk. Was on tv.
- Quiver. He's a maned wolf who manages to never look like a maned wolf. Yay art.
- Creepiest face you will ever see.
- A cute bobcat thing.
- COURARRR.
- Anthony. :D

Yepp. For once I will ask for no crits; pencil sketches are hard to make 'perfect', or as perfect as I want them to be, so even when I know what is wrong, I can't fix it. So just assume that I know what needs fixing, I just can't... fix it. :\ It's a lesson in being satisfied with flaws.

Back
Top Bottom