• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meh. Double Battles

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
So yeah... I've been thinking for a while now, and for some unknown reason, I've made a double battle team!

Team One
Slaking
N: Adamant
Ability: Truant
Item: Muscle Band
Hammer Arm
Substitute
Giga Impact
Shadow Claw

Drifblim
N: Timid
Ability: Aftermath
Item: Scope Lens
Skill Swap
Baton Pass
Shadow Ball
Aerial Ace

Blissey
N: Bold
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Leftovers
Sing
Double-Edge
Seismic Toss
Light Screen

Now, Most of you are probably thinking "You're going to have two three-pokkemon teams?" Yes, I am, but only because the other team had three pokemon in it to begin with. I start with Slaking and Drifblim. Drifblim uses Skill Swap, then it either dies due to its lack of defensive stats, or it uses Baton Pass the next turn. Either way, I send out Blissey to accompany my Slaking for a pretty decent wall, I think.

Team Two
Claydol
N: Modest
Ability: Levitate
Item: Life Orb
Explosion
Rapid Spin
Earth Power
Shadow Ball

Poliwrath
Ability: Damp
Item: King's Rock
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Brick Break

Machamp
Ability: No Guard
Item: Expert Belt
Stone Edge
Dynamic Punch
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch

I use Claydol to Spin, then commit Suicide when Necessary, or when he's close to no Hp left. Because Poilwrath has Damp, he takes no damage form the Explosion. I send out Machamp with no guard, then sit there and kill anything still standing with dual Dynamic Punches. And if that doesn't work, then I lose.

Um, iirc, Damp prevents Selfdestruct and explosion from being used at all, rather than simply protecting the Pokemon with the Damp ability. I could be wrong, though.

...And, uh. I dunno about this. It all seems very hastily put together and could easily be decimated by a standard team. There's no major 2v2 competition though, so idk where you'd find people to fight.

yeah, you're right about damp...and it's not hastily put together.. just mostly not completely thought out. I springboarded the thing with Slaking and Drifblim off of something I saw on youtube with Regigigas. Blissey was an afterthought, and I was mislead by the affect of Damp. I think it might have potential if it is thought out a little further, which I could use help with.

no guard does not affect the partner. 'twas a common misconception in early DP which caused machamp to temporarily be banned from doubles in some communities, but.

Back
Top Bottom