• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Why?

wyoming789

They always fall for the eyes!
According to Smogon, Salamence is Uber. This makes me think, are they slowly banning everything? First Garchomp, now mence. Is metagross next? Dragonite? What do you think, tCOD?

When something is on every fucking team pretty much, perhaps there is something broken about it. hi2u specs + Draco Meteor.

Dragonite is too slow to be uber, Metagross is fairly easily countered. I'd say Scizor might be the only other thing to go.

Bullet Punch Scizor, I think, may well bw the only other one to go, if even that. I've seen a few on Shoddy, and Every single one completely pwned my team. Plus, my main defensive wall always gets killed by a switch. Ah, whatever. I could acutally counter Metagross easily with Aerodactyl.

Bullet Punch Scizor, I think, may well bw the only other one to go, if even that. I've seen a few on Shoddy, and Every single one completely pwned my team. Plus, my main defensive wall always gets killed by a switch. Ah, whatever. I could acutally counter Metagross easily with Aerodactyl.

A counter is defined by Smogon as something that can switch into a Pokemon without fearing its attacks and then defeat it easily. I would have thought Aero would be destroyed by Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch...

I think Salamence was banned because it was so versatile. Specs sets destroy everything (possible exaggeration) not named Blissey while Dragon Dance sets can set up on Blissey. It was always guesswork with Mence, which gave the user of Mence an easy lead if you guess wrong. Did that warrant its movement to Uber? Well, that's all based on opinion.

Smogon may have power, but they aren't stupid. SD Yache Garchomp is extremely hard to KO without one of your own Pokemon being KO'd in the process. I think its Sand Veil pushed it over the top, as it meant that even Pokemon that could counter it had a small chance to fail.

Pokemon are moved to Uber to make OU more fun. Will OU be more fun without Salamence? We'll have to wait and see.

I think there will be few more bans, as most other pokemon are countered too easily or not versatile enough to potentially kill everything.
As for Bullet Puch Scizor... well, I am now remaking my entire team because I had a fair amount of decent pokemon, including BP Scizor, yet lost to sreservoir 6-0. It's really not that strong.

Garchomp [is] Pseudo-Legendary. Garchomp has unprecedentedly high Defenses for a sweeper with a Speed just above the standard of "fast" in OU of base 100 which Salamence, Flygon, Zapdos, Celebi, Tentacruel and others flaunted before he came along. Even if he shared their Speed base, he would still come out a notch above them, due to his aforementioned Defenses, and moreover his obscenely high Attack stat with powerful Ground and Dragon STAB and a Fire attack to help obliterate everything in the metagame, given that he gets in a Swords Dance, which is perfect for him, as he clearly out-speeds the aforementioned 100 Base Speed Pokemon by a few points. Also, anything that does happen to be faster than him is still at risk of being trampled by a Choice Scarf variant, or never living to see an OHKO on him because the Yache Berry alleviates his one and only 4x weakness, making it nearly necessary to have a kamikaze attacker to knock it off him, because if he does have a Yache Berry, it's actually a very feasible thought to think that nothing OHKOs him without a considerable boost from a Choice Band/Specs or a stat-boosting move. Moreover, that move is going to have to be a Dragon move, and since Garchomp out-speeds all the game's most fearsome Dragons, he can decimate them before they are even in the wake of his gaping jaw.

That is all. The aforementioned YacheChomp was the reason Garchomp is Uber.

...Yeah, my skarmory can usually take out BP scizor on its own, but I sort of see about Salamence. In comparison to Garchomp, Mence's Attack is actually a little higher, which can make it even more lethal given it manages to survive a single hit to set up with Sword's Dance. After that, it can pretty much sweep its heart out, even moreso with a Scarf. Maybe it doesn't have Sand Veil, but it has the potential to still be just as deadly.

Also, Salamence can't really set up with DD and proceed to sweep afterwards with a Scarf.

I'm pretty unhappy with this, since I had a Salamence on my team, but I can see why they did it.

Back
Top Bottom