• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS I really don't know at this point

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
well, like the tital says, i really don't know where I'm going with this. My main team has its wins, but most of the time it is with one pokemon left, and it has little Hp. I'm not trying to replace my team, I just want to try something different.

282.png
[Yin] W/Choice Specs N:Timid Ability: synchronize
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Hidden Power (Rock, maybe? Fighting?)

Now, Gardevoir is not my lead. Its a sweeper, and I am trying to prioritize speed this time around because I realized how important it actually is. Psychic is there if only for STAB. Will be EV trained in Speed and Sp. Attack

461.png
[Yang] W/Choice Band N:Adamant Ability:Pressure
Ice Punch
Ice Shard
Pursuit
Brick Break

This is the same Weavile as before, he works really well. Will be EV trained in Speed and Attack.

468.png
[Steeve] W/ Focus Band N: Bold Ability: Serene Grace
Roost
Thunder Wave
Flamethrower
Air Slash

This is my staller. he goes in, uses Roost a lot, then attacks if necessary. Bold to raise Defense, just to get it close to where the Sp. Defense is, if not more, to increase stalling effects. Will be EV trained in Speed and Sp. Attack

286.png
[Ulyssys] W/ Toxic Orb N: Adamant Ability:Poison Heal
Mach Punch.
Seed Bomb
Spore
Stone Edge

So I changed it to Adamant actually, because of some odd reason. I also changed its dance to an edge because of the lack of many other rock-type moves. Will be EV trained in Attack and Speed.

195.png
[Persephone] W/Expert Belt N: Adamant Ability: Water Absorb
Aqua Tail/ Stone Edge Which is more useful?
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Recover
Yes Quagsire, and only because of Recover. Will be EV trained in HP and Attack.

474.png
[ERROR] W/ Life Orb N: Timid Ability: Adaptability
Tri-Attack
Dark Pulse
Recover
Nasty Plot

Tried and true, he does his job when he's not being blasted away. Will be EV trained in Sp. Attack and Speed.

Thanks for the help, and I hope this will go well for me.

Last edited:
Focus Band is never a good idea. Togekiss is pretty bulky, so you should probably go with Leftovers.

I don't think hyper beam is a particularly good move and all of gardevoirs moves have a type which is immune to them which means your opponent can easily switch and set up.

Well... I don't know how to respond to that.

I came here to say that I've been doing Shoddy, and I've made a few changes.

First, Tyranitar is now a Swampert. He knows Ice Punch, Earthquake, Stone Edge, and Aqua Tail.

Second, I chose Porygon-Z, even though I was right about Ampharos, because in the test, Porygon-Z lasted longer.

Oh, yes. And Scizor is now my faithful Breloom, Ulyssys, with Mach Punch, Seed Bomb, Spore, and Swords Dance.

That's all right now.

Hyper Beam really does suck :/ You can't switch on recharge. The only time it's not entirely awful is on Porygon-Z and there you still want Tri Attack instead.

Just a heads-up about the nickname, its illegal to name some thing (Scizor) the name of another pokemon. (Chariard) I know you took it off your team, its just for further notice.

Just a heads-up about the nickname, its illegal to name some thing (Scizor) the name of another pokemon. (Chariard) I know you took it off your team, its just for further notice.

it isn't...? you can name it whatever you want. that's kind of the point.

as for gardevoir, use trick or a good hidden power.

and please, please edit your OP to include revisions. it's annoying checking all the errata.

If you're using Togekiss for support/stalling then you should include Thunder Wave, which has amazing synergy with Serene Grace boosted Air Slash (60% chance to make opponent flinch, 25% for opponent to be fully paralysed, opponent is almost guaranteed to be slower than you due to paralysis)

I switched to Quagsire, mostly because I don't like Swampert as much, and I like to use pokemon I like. Most of you are going to tell me to switch back to Swampert, but, I purely don't care about winning that much. Like, I do care about winning, It's just I'd rather lose with a team of pokemon that I like than win with a team of pokemon I don't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom