• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Stupidest Movesets ever?

Wargle

Dirty minds think alike~
This is mostly a place to name all of the horrible movesets you have seen people use. ((Or have used yourself if you feel like admiting it))

I saw a Groudon on Ubers that used rain dance and held a Damp rock. It was leading an All Rain abusers team and every pokemon had RD. wut?

I saw a groudon that when it first came out, the guy orders Sunny Day. It holds a Heat Rock. He said it keeps going forever because of the heat rock. wut?

I saw a person who misclicked on shoddy and taught Breloom 'Snore' instead of 'Spore'.

My friend once used a Zapdos with Thunder, Thunderbolt, Charge and Thundershock. xD Too bad my Groudon was KO'd earlier, or I could've just stalled the whole match. :D

My brother used a Gyarados with the moves Water Pulse, Waterfall, Thunder, and Rain Dance. This moveset is bad, made even worse when I happen to send in my Quagsire with Water Absorb.

probably the worst movesets I've ever seen was when I was doing some random battles on Shoddy. First, I had a Pichu that knew Iron tail, thunder wave, agility, and fling. Its hold item was the spell tag. Also, I once had a Minun that knew three non-damaging attacks, and Fling. It was holding a berry. Oh, and also a Registeel/Regirock (I forget to be honest) that knew like four normal-type attacks that were really weak.

It can be any.

I saw a Rayquaza with Rain Dance, Thunder, Sunny Day, and Flamethrower. Wut?

I believe I used to have a linoone that knew Surf, covet, headbutt, and something else.

EDIT: Oh yeah I think it was secret power as the fourth move.

Last edited:
Not sure if I should incriminate him, but Little Monster has a snorlax with SURF.
...used against me in the Chrome tournament. It would have 3KOed my speed/attack aerodactyl. And the rest of the set was physical.

surf, at least, might be of some use against some a 4x-weak with ridiculously low special defense. that set had giga impact one it, too.

surf, at least, might be of some use against some a 4x-weak with ridiculously low special defense. that set had giga impact one it, too.

Giga Impact is a decent suicide move, if you can't get Explosion or Selfdestruct.

So I don't see why Giga Impact is on there. :/

Next up, my friend's Crobat. It knew Air Cutter, Fly, Toxic and Wing Attack. You can imagine what happened when my Aggron came in.

giga impact is worse than explosion and selfdestruct. sure, your enemy can just revenge kill. alternatively, you opponent can, say, send in a ninjask, sub up, and swords dance.

Yes I am well aware that my Snorlax is an epic fail, I just used it as a sort of experiment. =P
I was hoping for Surf to have type coverage in emergencies and Giga Impact because I didn't want an attack that would instantly kill my Snorlax. :P
He was mostly just for testig in the tournament; my gym team will be very different.

Back
Top Bottom