• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

CYOA (Choose your own adventure) Pokemon HGSS

marbychu

Banned
Yeah. I've done a CYOA before, but I still don't know where to put it. So you can move this to the HGSS or RPG boards if you want too, just tell me so I don't get alarmed if/when this thread goes missing.

Basically, the way this works is I tell a little bit of a story. Then, I'll give you some choices. You vote for a choice. Then, the story continues with the option that got the most votes.

You wake up and realize, today you can choose your first Pokemon! You walk downstairs, and your mother is talking to your neighbor. She notices you, gives you a Pokegear, and says that she knew this day would come eventually. You give her a hug goodbye, and go to Professer Elm's place.

You notice a red-haired kid looking into the window of Elm's. He mutters something about Elm, then pushes you away. *Jerk*, you think.

You head into Elm's lab, and he asks you to do him a favor. It's along the path to Violet City, so it's not out of your way. You say sure, and he tells you to go to Mr. Pokemon's house and pick up something. He then lets you pick your first Pokemon. Who do you choose?

A) Chikorita
B) Cyndaquil
C) Totodile

hey Zack... You have 666 posts. OMG! :O RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

lol...

I know it's probably early, but I'll continue the story.

You choose Chikorita. You like a challenge. You head up to Cherrygrove, up to Mr. Pokemon's House. You get an egg. Remembering Elm's words, to take it to Violet City and hand the object to his aide, you keep it. You head back to Cherrygrove to heal your new Pokemon. After you heal, you run into that same red-haired kid you saw earlier! You battle, and you easily beat him, heal up, and head to Violet City.

As you head to Violet City, you find some Pokemon! But then you remember, you forgot to stock up on Pokeballs! You only have one, so you can only catch one. Which one do you choose?

A) Pidgey
B) Rattata
C) Geodude

superbird, it can, don't worry. =D

I'll just give it an item so that it dosn't have to be traded to evolve. If it's chosen, that is.

I say C). it can (eventually) learn stone edge, earthquake, and (as a golem) various move tutor moves. go with C).

ok, seeing as this is taking a while, I'll just go with these 2 votes.

"Go, Chikorita!" You only have one shot at this. Using Tackle (or whatever Rita's beginning attack move is), you, ironically enough, easily weaken Geodude. Eh, don't question luck. You throw the Pokeball, but your luck runs out and it escapes!

...Did you really believe that? It was caught, but just barely.

You arrive at Violet City. You give the aide the egg, heal up, and head to the Violet Gym. Time for your first Gym battle.

The battle is 2 on 2, Single Battle, only you can make Substitutions. Falkner, master of Flying types, sends out Pidgey! You know Chikorita's weak to Flying Types, while Geodude's strong against them. But you know Falkner's next pokemon: Pidgeotto. If Geodude is weakened against Pidgey, you're doomed. So each decision has it's advantages and disadvantages. Who do you choose?

A) Chikorita
B) Geodude
C) This awesome Arceus someone gave you (lol, this isn't actually an option. Just a joke. Don't actually vote for this. If you do... something bad will happen.)

And now I wait.

I vote
d) purposefully lose against falkner, go to the pokemart that's right there get some more pokeballs, then catch a mareep and raise it to level ten because its just like a walk in the park then :|

or b. Geodud won't get weakened, because Pidgey is a flying-type that pretty much knows wing attack, i think

I say keep Chikorita in and have it Growl a lot. Poor thing will faint without doing a bit of physical damage, but with this method, Geodude will surely(?) survive against the Pidgey with naught but a scratch. Pidgeotto will still be tough, but Geodude will be in there with more HP.

I say keep Chikorita in and have it Growl a lot. Poor thing will faint without doing a bit of physical damage, but with this method, Geodude will surely(?) survive against the Pidgey with naught but a scratch. Pidgeotto will still be tough, but Geodude will be in there with more HP.
Agreed with the above.

Hey guys! Sorry I havn't been here today, I was busy. You may have seen me on earlier, but I has using my mom's iPhone, so I couldn't type there. (I'm 14)

"Go, Chikorita! Chikorita, use Growl!" "Pidgey, use Gust!" You idiot! Growl only stops PHYSICAL attacks! Chikorita takes a huge blow! You use tackle repeatitly. However, Pidgey manages to get another Gust in, a Chikorita takes another blow (quite literally, in fact) to the face! However, then, the stangest thing happens. Chikorita glows white! It get bigger... it has small little buds on it's neck... and the leaf on it's head has gotten larger!

"BAYLEEF!" It's evolved into Bayleef! It also utelizises a new attack, Razor Leaf, and despite the fact that it's not very effective, it takes Pidgey out, because of all those tackles!

The score is 2-1, and you havn't even used Geodude yet! Falkner sends out a bigger Pidgey... wait a minute... this is a Pidgeotto! NOT the same thing! You decide to use Razor leaf again, knowing it has a high critical-hit ratio. And it actually works! But Falkner uses Roost to melt away ALL of that damage! Then, Wing Attack finishes you off. Seriously? It's enough this Pidgeotto is underleveled, but WING ATTACK?!!?

Anyway, it's up to Geodude! Rock throw does major damage to the big bird, but it Roosts it away! Plus, now RT will only do regular damage! But then, Geodude uses... Mach Punch? Yeah, that's right Falkner. WE CAN CHEAT TOO! SO TAKE THAT!

...sorry, had to get that outta my system. Anyway, MP knocks out Pidgeotto, and you get the Zepher Badge! Falkner suggests you head to Azelea Town, where the second Gym is.

With Badge in hand, and a newly-evolved Bayleef (plus some extra Pokeballs), you head to Azalea town.

You find 3 pokemon, but Geodude only looks like it has enough energy to catch 2. C'mon! Are there ALWAYS catching restrictions?!!? Which do you choose?

A) Pidgey and Mareep (Where was this dude earlier?)
B) Mareep and Rattata
C) Rattata and Pidgey

Last edited:
Well, no one else is voting, so I guess that means to continue!

You catch Pidgey and Mareep. You liek Rattata's, thanks to a Youngster you met earlier in your journey. I think his name was Joey... Despite that, you need a flyer, and Mareep will be more useful later. Ground types are much less common then Fighting types.

You get to Azelea Town, only to be stopped by Silver! You battle. He sends out Gastly and Zubat (gonna make this a Double battle to speed things up.)! Who do you choose.

Here, you get to vote for 2 options.

Silver has:
Gastly: Ghost/Poison Lv. 16 100% HP
Zubat: Poison/Flying Lv. 14 100% HP
Quilava: Fire Lv. 18 100% HP (not in)

Choose for 2 of the following pokemon:
A) Bayleef: Grass Lv. 17 100% HP Tackle, Razor Leaf, Growl
B) Geodude: Rock/Ground 100% HP Tackle, Defense Curl, Mach Punch (this is one special Geodude)
C) Mareep: Electric 100% HP Tackle, Cotton Spore, Thunderbolt
D) Pidgey: Normal/Flying 100% HP Gust, Growl

Back
Top Bottom