• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Splish Splash Cliffs (RP Friendly)

Anomaly 54

Used to be Cheat Master
NOTES: This is under constant update because of special Pokémon and items which I plan on adding at certain events.
LIMITS: Only one Pokémon with you. Unless you have the Rental Gyarados, but that's different.
PAY: Minimum is the $5 entry fee, maximum is the $16 full kit (Entry fee, Canoe, Torch, Rental Gyarados and Scuba Kit)

CURRENT EVENTS

None

Waterfall_cave.png

Splish Splash Cliffs
Splish, splash, splish, splash. You arrive at Splash Cliffs, a large cliff with a lake at the bottom and a river at the top. A tribe of natives who worship Water-type Pokémon are known to inhabit the area, and have, after much preparation on their behalf, opened the area for public access. For a small fee of $8. A small shop near the ledge sells Pokéballs ($1 each) torches and matches ($2), scuba kits ($3), canoes ($3) and also has a Gyarados rental ($3). For those who come prepared, A Pokémon with Flash, Dive, Surf or Waterfall (Respectively) can take the place of each of the above. There are four areas:
Ledge: The location of the rental shop. Don’t worry, the Gyarados won’t bite…probably.
Cliff Cave: Many land-dwelling Water types make home here. Recently, Grimer and Muk have started appearing.
Lake Tunnels: The underwater tunnels form a natural maze. Can you find the way to the middle?
Waterfall River: This river is good for training Pokémon to swim. Mind you don’t hurt yourself on the rocks coming down!

Waterfall_cave_interior.png

Cliff Cave

A small cave concealed behind the waterfall. A Pokémon with Flash, or a torch [$2 rental] will allow you to make your way through the cave.
Common:
Zubat
Geodude
Buizel
Shellos (E)
Shellos (W)

Uncommon:
Golbat
Graveler
Wooper
Corsola
Gastrodon (E)
Gastrodon (W)

Rare:
Quagsire
Floatzel
Grimer
Surskit
Barboach

Very Rare:
Muk
Masqurain
Wishcash

HGSS_Mt._Mortar-Morning.png

Dive Tunnels
A network of tunnels beneath the lake. A Pokémon with Surf or a Canoe[$3 ental] is required (But can only find Common Pokémon). A Pokémon with Dive, or a Scuba Kit [$3 rental] will allow you to explore the not-so-murky depths.
Common:
Chinchou
Clampearl
Magikarp
Goldeen
Finneon

Uncommon:
Lanturn
Seaking
Lumineon
Huntail
Gorebyss
Mudkip

Rare:
Gyarados
Relicanth
Qwilfish
Marshtomp
Feebas

Very Rare:
Milotic
Swampert

HGSS_Tohjo_Falls-Morning.png

Waterfall River
A large river running along the top of Splash Cliffs. A Pokémon with Surf or a Canoe [$3 rental] is required (But can only find Common Pokémon). A Pokémon with Waterfall, or a Rental Gyarados [$3] will allow one to access the river atop the cliff.
Common:
Magikarp
Krabby
Goldeen
Buizel

Uncommon:
Finneon
Floatzel
Kingler
Horsea

Rare:
Seaking
Seadra
Gyarados

Very Rare:
NONE

Items
Whilst exploring the Splish Splash Cliffs, you may find some items laying around. You can sell any items at the rental shop for money, which you can use to pay for your entry, or you can have the money sent to your bank.

Sea Insence [$2]
Fresh Water [$2]
Hard Rock [$3]
Wave Mail [$3]
Mystic Water [$3]
Heart Scale [$4]
Shoal Shell [$4]
Shoal Salt [$4]
Water Stone [$5]
Dawn Stone [$5]
Shoal Bell [$6]
DeepSea Scale [$6] (Cliff Cave Exclusive)
DeepSea Tooth [$6] (Dive Tunnel Exclusive)
Root Fossil [$10] (Waterfall River)

Last edited:
$8 is a tad expensive. Maybe $4 is a more reasonable price? The most I;ve areas charbe before are $6 and that's for 6 Pokemon.

Also, is this area only one Pokemon and you leave or can you catch more than one?

And can we ignore Pokemon or is it the first thing we run into is an Auto-catch?

$8 is a tad expensive. Maybe $4 is a more reasonable price? The most I;ve areas charbe before are $6 and that's for 6 Pokemon.

$8 Dollars? Stupid Typos, twas meant to be $5. This keyboard is so useless..

Also, is this area only one Pokemon and you leave or can you catch more than one?

You can catch as many as you want. You start with 6 Pokéballs and you can buy more for $1 at the rental place (Forgot to put that in post, will edit it in)

And can we ignore Pokemon or is it the first thing we run into is an Auto-catch?

It's a choice of Ignore and Catch.

Going to Cliff Cave with Lanturn. Because it can learn every HM evar. except Rock Climb methinks.

Also, Qwilfish is spelled Qwilfish, not Quilfish. Don't listen to proper grammar. Listen to Pokemon. Typo is in Dive Tunnels.

Going to Dive Tunnels with my Piplup because it can learn Dive through tutoring and i think that counts.

(I will probably end up with some roleplaying, but I dunno how to start)

@Brock:

You found a
Zubat.png
Female

Catch or Ignore? 6 Pokéballs left.

@Flora and Ashes

You found a
Seaking.png
Male!

Catch or Ignore? 6 Pokéballs left

@Flora and Ashes

You found a
Seaking.png
Male!

Catch or Ignore? 6 Pokéballs left

"A Seaking?" the brunette asked herself. She wasn't a particular fan of Seaking, but it was a pretty good Pokemon. This could be quite a dilemma, and if she didn't make up her mind, she'd probably decide to catch it, only for it to run away seconds afterwards. That was the way her luck worked, of course.

"What do you think, Mike?" she asked her Piplup, as was her custom when she couldn't make up her mind. Mike, being quite small compared to the Seaking, ran and hid behind her. "Well, I guess that's my answer. I think I'll just find something better."

(ignore please)

@Flora and Ashes

Its.....Feebas!

Feebas Female!

You lucky little..... getting the rarest Pokémon in the Rare section on your second turn. The RNG likes you

@Flora and Ashes

Its.....Feebas!

Feebas Female!

You lucky little..... getting the rarest Pokémon in the Rare section on your second turn. The RNG likes you

Mike starts happily jumping up and down as his trainer examines the Feebas. "wow. I've never even seen a Feebas before, let alone been able to catch it!" she says excitedly. As Mike starts muttering something that only a Piplup could understand (probably something along the lines of "OHMYGOD MY TRAINER JUST FOUND A REALLY RARE POKEMON SQUEEEEE") , the girl tosses a Pokéball at the spongy-looking fish, hoping that it'll be a good spongefish. Not like that god-darn Croconaw she spent forever tracking down.

Muk Female

Catch or Ignore?

ALSO:

Purity Festival

It's that time of year again! That time of year when Suicune purifies the water in the area. The locals worship it, and as such, there is a celebration in it's honor. You may, if you are lucky, see Suicune standing at the top of the waterfall, purifying the water as it tumbles down into the lake. Because the locals worship Suicune, you will be unable to catch it, as the locals will smash the Pokéball with their spears and slingshots.
Of course, they modernised the celebration a bit.
From 4th August to 12th August, everyone who enters gets a free prize, Mystic Water! As well as that, there is a lotto ($1 a ticket, max 3 tickets) with a nice prize.

3rd prize: Water Stone
2nd prize: Water Stone, Sea Incense
1st prize: Water Stone, Sea Incense, Mime.Jr of whichever gender the winner wants!

Last edited:
Really, I don't remember seeing that one in the rules...meh, doesn't matter. If I can't explore my own area, I don't need to explore my area to find a Pokémon with Dive, Waterfall and Surf so I can explore my area.

I know I should get in on the RPing, but I've not had much time, sorting out the Purity Festival, homework and lack of sleep have decided to gang up on me...

@Brock:

You found a
Zubat.png
Female

Catch or Ignore? 6 Pokéballs left. ITEMS: MYSTIC WATER!

"what? Lame." says the teen as he examines the Zubat. "Lanturn, Thunderbolt." The fish does a majestic leap in the air and fires off a large bolt of pure electricity and the bat. It shreiks in pain as it falls to the ground.

(('twas an ignpre. I'll take my Mystic Water at the end.))

"Oh yeah. Mystic Water." says the teen pulling out the necklace. "Here Lanturn, you can use it." and with that he puts the necklace around his anglerfish.

With a clang, the Muk is caught!
And the Zubat is fried!

Bad luck for those Poison Types, huh?

Anyway

@Brock

As you continue down into the cave, your Lanturn, and therfor your source of light, suddenly dissapear. Turning around, you see a Surskit has just tackled Lanturn at high speeds. She is now looking at you as if to say, "Yeah, I beat up your Pokémon. Whatcha gunna do, punk?"
Surskit Female
Catch or Ignore?

@Serverus Snape

As the Muk dissapears in a bright flash of red light into your Pokéball, his friend Gastrodon comes up. It headbutts you and growls. Looks like he's not happy that you stole his friend! And then you notice what's around his neck, it's one of the tribe's Mystic Waters!
Gastrodon Female
Catch or Ignore?

He yanks the Mystic Water off Gastrodon's neck. The Gastrodon shoots mud everywhere and he dodges, hoping to find a good spot to throw the ball. The ball once again sucks in the Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom