• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

nothing to see here

...probably not posting here too much anymore.
Pronoun
he/him
What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

Just looking at my SoulSilver team and noticed some of them were in kind of unusual Poké Balls... so I got the idea for this.

Most of the critters I've actually trained are in plain Pokéballs, since most of them are from early in the game, a couple of them came from the Pokéwalker, and one (a Gastrodon) was traded over from my sister's Pearl game. But there's also a few in different kinds:

Lardytard (Tyranitar) -- Dusk Ball. Pretty normal I guess.
Slippity (Dragonite) -- Dive Ball. Now that's an odd one. Do Dive Balls even have any added effect in HG/SS?
Dilos (Arbok) -- Heal Ball. I think I actually did this one on purpose, so I could immediately start training the Ekans I caught without rushing back to a Pokémon Center first.
Gandalf (Alakazam) -- Safari Ball. Yeah, I didn't catch an Abra until I got to the Safari Zone. XD

And also some legendaries:

Gloonk (Suicune) -- A regular Poké Ball. I ran through pretty much all of my special balls trying to catch the thing, and then eventually was down to nothing but standard Poké Balls and something else (Lure Balls, if I remember right, and one useless Moon Ball.) The third time I threw a regular Poké Ball, it actually caught it.
Yamamoto (Ho-Oh) -- Great Ball. Reminds me of Red/Blue, where I never wasted my money on Ultra Balls because sleep + Great Ball seemed to be pretty much guaranteed to catch anything.
Padoingo (Latios) -- Timer Ball. Apparently, every individual fight with the running-around-on-the-map Pokémon counts as part of the same battle now, because the Timer Balls' "better if used later in the battle" effect was definitely working.
Yammy (Groudon) -- Heavy Ball. Very appropriate ball for a Groudon to be in.

I also have Unowns in all sorts of really strange balls, since they're so easy to catch that it doesn't really matter what kind you use. "Crack" is in a Fast Ball, "Klingon," "Pants," "Xombie," and "Vampire" are all in Lure Balls, "Alpo" and "Emo" are in Heal Balls, "Oh No!" is in a Timer Ball, and "Noob" is in a Moon Ball. (Yeah, they're all named something random starting with the same letter... except for the ! and ?, which are named "Ooga Booga" and "Fnrrf?")

Re: What kind of Poké Balls have you caught things in?

Slippity (Dragonite) -- Dive Ball. Now that's an odd one. Do Dive Balls even have any added effect in HG/SS?

In D/P/PT/HG/SS, a dive ball works exceptionally well against pokemon found while surfing or fishing

[/SIZE]

In D/P/PT/HG/SS, a dive ball works exceptionally well against pokemon found while surfing or fishing

I can never be arsed to go buy actual decent balls, so most Pokemon I've ever caught were in Pokeballs (I tended to waste about 30 on one Pokemon if I was lazy enough) apart from legendaries.

I try to catch all of my pokemon in regular pokeballs, but I also like to have one random premier ball in the group as well. I caught the Red Gyarados in a regular Pokeball the first time I played through my Heartgold. Also, I caught my first Regice in a Timer Ball, Regirock in a Repeat Ball, I think, and Registeel in a Ultra Ball. Now that I think about it, the firast two are rather surprising. Once I also had a Politoed in a Fast Ball, and a Weavile in a Luxury Ball. I also think I had a rock-type pokemon in a Dive Ball, but it wasn't part water-type.

I caught one of the lake trio and Zapdos in a regular Pokéball. (it was also the first move so they weren't hurt at all. I was lucky.)

In my SS I'm trying to avoid buying any balls other than those of the Poké variety. Balls I find, ones from Kurtz and Premier Balls are fine too. I actually have tonnes of Premiers due to buying so many balls throughout the game.

In Sapphire, I caught my Rayquaza with a Premier Ball.

I love Premier and Luxury Balls like you wouldn't believe. <3

i caught suicune in a regular poke ball and zapdos in a great ball, but i was trying to for those. xD those are the only interesting ones, though i'm hoping to get my shiny hoho in something interesting.

I lucked out in Pearl and caught a Palkia as soon as the match began WITH A QUICK BALL.

It'd be much better if it was with a standard PokeBall.

My Kricketune in Pearl, Dom, was purposefully caught as a Kricketot in a Premier Ball. They are my favorite.

I totally want a function that can switch a Pokémon to a different ball.

EDIT:
I love Premier and Luxury Balls like you wouldn't believe. <3

yess <3<3<3<3<3

When I get a Ultra ball I SWEAR I'm gonna get that Rotom in the TV.
(Yeah, you can get it without the National Dex. Huzzah!)

I caught a Pichu in a Luxury... but that's really all... I mostly use regular Poke balls.

... okay remember when i said i was going to catch ho-oh in something cool

well when it came up shiny i had a heart panic and threw a master ball. xD

Caught Entei in a Great Ball.
Then again, most of my legendaries are in Great/Ultra Balls.
I also caught Lapras in a Dusk Ball.
And I think I caught a Zigzagoon in an Ultra Ball. :v

... okay remember when i said i was going to catch ho-oh in something cool

well when it came up shiny i had a heart panic and threw a master ball. xD

A shiny Ho-Oh is definitely worth a master ball!

I caught Kyogre with my master ball and regretted it every time Latias fled.

Back
Top Bottom