• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS Lower Tier Pokemon attempt OU battle.

Pwnemon

will remain confined to the pokemon topics
I have always been what is called an OU whore, so I decided to try and make a team with no OUs for OU battling.

My lead:

Electrode @ Focus Sash
Hasty
Static
168 speed/ 252 Atk/ 88 Sp. Atk
-Taunt
-Thunder
-Explosion
-Sucker Punch

I made this Electrode for an OU lead. 168 speed outspeeds Aero by one, and 88 Sp. Atk always OHKOes with Thunder. Taunt will shut down every lead in the game that has anything to do other than attack, and Explosion will KO a Machamp Lead most of the time. Sucker Punch is somewhat fillz but I love it with Taunt and I can kill Azelf with it. So yeah, that's pretty much it.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Modest
Speed Boost
4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed
-Air Slash
-Bug Buzz
-HP Ice
-Shadow Ball

This works wonders as a dragon counter. It can switch in on multiple moves of Dragonite and OHKO all sets with HP ice as long as you factor in SR, plus it has Speed Boost so you don't need to worry about DD. It swaps in on Flygon's EQ's and scares off Choice sets while OHKO'ing Life Orb sets. Once it dispenses of those it can perform a sweep with its boosted speed. Air Slash and Bug Buzz are good reliable STAB and Shadow Ball hits smart-aleck Rotom forms. The only problems this guy faces are being walled by Steel Types and SR. Hence my next Pokemon:

Claydol @ Leftovers
Bold
Levitate
252 HP/ 144 Def/ 112 Sp. Atk
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Power
-Toxic

I chose Claydol for a few major factors: Firstly, it has Levitate, which keeps it from taking Spikes and Toxic Spikes, secondly, it can drop SR at the same time, Third, it's sp. Defensive enough to survive and kill Tran, fourthly, it's a special attacker so it can kill Steel Types as most are physically defensive. It can swap in on most things and then set up SR and Toxic destroys stuff like WishBliss which would wall it.

Aggron @ Life Orb
Rock Head
Adamant
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Rock Polish
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail

This guy is so incredibly smexy. After a Rock Polish you reach 398 speed, which is crazily awesome, outspeeding even Specs Jolteon. He can pull a brutal sweep against all steel types, even netting a 2HKO on Skarmory with SR. He also 2HKO's Hippowdon after SR and a layer of Spikes with Aqua Tail, and OHKO's Ttar and Vaporeon with the same hazards. However, you may have noticed one problem: I don't have a Spiker. Have no fear, Cacturne is here!

Cacturne @ BrightPowder
Adamant
Sand Veil
252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Spikes
-Seed Bomb
-Sucker Punch
-ThunderPunch

This cacturne will typically switch in on a bulky Water such as Pert, Suicune, or Vaporeon without Ice Beam, then set up Spikes on a switch. It can Seed Bomb Pert, Sucker Punch nearly anything, and T-punch Gyara and other Flying types. Then it sorta dies.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Quiet
Sand Stream
252 HP/ 52 Atk/ 176 Sp. Atk/ 28 Speed
-Focus Punch
-FlameThrower
-Substitute
-Dark Pulse

I love BoahTar, it's such a great wall breaker. Plus, it sets up sandstorm that helps Cacturne and Aggron live longer. It singlehandedly takes down SkarmBliss and other common walls such as Forretress. Please forgive me for using an OU! :P

So, Rate My Team.

This cacturne will typically switch in on a bulky Water such as Pert, Suicune, or Vaporeon without Ice Beam, then set up Spikes on a switch.
Hmm. I'd question that, considering how terrible Cacturne's defences are, especially with that EV spread.

Anyway, your team looks a bit Scizor-weak. And by a bit I mean a lot. The only thing you have with a Fire-typ move is weak to Steel and Bug, while the only Pokemon on your team that resists Steel is your lead. You should consider getting a good, reliable Scizor counter since it's so common.

Also, your team seems kind of frail in general. TTar is defensive but has lots of weaknesses. Claydol is great but lacks recovery. Aggron has common weaknesses and very one-sided defenses. You might want a more reliable wall (there are plenty in OU, but Milotic is quite good if you want to stick to lower tiers. Other bulky waters a great too.)

My competitive team, with only 2 OUs, could pwn this (without even using the OUs).

That aside, it looks quite diverse. I use a very similar strategy with my Claydol. And Mustardear: Once Claydol does its job, it's usually unneeded for the remainder of the fight.

Mustardear is right: Your team really is weak to Scizor. You might want to think about modifying Aggron to deal with them. Also, Mustardear is right in that you really can't switch-in Cacturne easily. Your best bet would be a post-KO switch-in, and then you'd be at the mercy of the faster opponent. Additionally, nearly everything is faster than Cacturne, and it really has no bulk to compensate. I reccomend changing it.

ice/ground or ice/fighting, especially from the special side, destroys your team.

and by that I mean abomasnow and glaceon, but you know, I'm kind of biased.

Back
Top Bottom