• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed System Corruption.

Black Poison

Hugs are crack to me, so give me my next fix!!
( Hi everyone. I had made this rpg some months ago but I wasn't sure to post it or not. Well this is it..)

“You must help me.. Look for others like yourself.. Then you’ll find the way..” Those words keep echoing in your head ever since that strange girl told them to you. Hell, it’s bad enough with the government hounds after you but now you have to deal with that and a voice that’s starting to give you a headache. Oh well, maybe it was your fault for stealing and downloading that data from them but how were you suppose to know there was catch to being powerful.

This is the year 2187 and the internet has evolved into a 2nd life for people, now when children get to a certain age they get cybernetic implants, allowing themselves to connect to computers. When a child goes online for the first time they will gain an avatar to represent themselves in the new world. This new world resembled feudal times, the creators thought this might relieve stress from the everyday world but this place was too real as soon as they discovered when people from one side of the plane dies off, that the other one dies as well.

3 Weeks before,

Something in the back of your mind was telling you to get up; this little thought became worse as hours passed so much so that you finally woke up from your bed and logged onto the net, searching around the area for something…anything that may be interesting. Glancing towards your left at shack, you saw a couple of guards transporting a chest into it. For some reason that chest looked very inviting to you, maybe because it was government property or your curiosity got the better of you. What ever the case may be you decided to find out what was in that chest. You wondered around the place trying to find a way in but no luck, it seems that going through the guards was the only way. Just when you was about to give up, the guards logged out to changed shift. Knowing that you don’t have much time for the next guys appear, you ran inside and turned on your hacking program to unlock the chest. After a few seconds there was a ding sound, you excitedly opened it.
When you did, you got warped into a place that was covered in mist, slowly you see a person emerging from the mist. It seemed to be a girl with white long hair and deep violet eyes, she spoke only these words: “You must help me; I will give you the power to do so. This is only a part of me; you will become more powerful if you look for others like yourself. Once you understand the events of the past, then you’ll find the way to free me and my sisters.” She vanished and only left the sound of her giggling in your ears. Oook, now what should I do, you thought as you walked around the mist. You suddenly fell down from numbness in you legs. You quickly looked back, only to see your body was breaking into code.
Yelling for help but your words was silenced from the laughter of that girl. In a flash you saw yourself in a new form, one that is a creature-like humanoid grinning at you. Then you found yourself back in bed, it was only a dream you thought as you tried to calm your heartbeat but that thought quickly faded away as you saw the wires from your arm were still connected to your computer…

• Your avatar may be a form of a real or mythical animal, as long as the mythical humanoids are not overpowering.

• If you cannot write more then a one liners in your posts, then this isn’t the rpg for you.

• I don’t expect you to be active all the time but if you know your going to be gone for awhile, please inform us.

• The story mostly follows what’s going on within the internet, so it’s not necessary for the users to meet but you can if you wish.

Well that’s about it. Time for the sign up sheet.

Hackers name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Appearance:
Creature resembled as: ( this is to give you a better idea of what the avatar is suppose to look like.)
Personality:

--Here is mine.--

Hackers name: Ronin Takahashi
Appearance: Just an average guy. He has short brown messy hair and blue eyes which he covers up with yellow sunglasses. His dark grey t-shirt has small words in white; on his back saying: Are you ready? He also has brown cargo pants and black sandals. He carries a black messenger bag with him everywhere.
Personality: Playing it out.

Appearance: Zero has a slim body and is 6’2” He has neck length dark blue hair and pale skin. Also has piercing yellow slit eyes. He wears a long black leather coat which its collar is raised upward to cover some of his face. Its tail end is v cut. Underneath the coat he wears a white shirt with a red strip across it. His pants are black with two big white X’s one on each leg and his boots are dark brown and tan. He conceals two small daggers in his sleeves.
Creature resembled as: Snake
Personality: Has a very mysterious and self center nature, he will do anything that will benefit him. You will always catch him having a malevolence grin but when he starts laughing it could only mean one thing, he’s about to fight. Due to his snakelike form, his speech has a hiss to it.

Last edited:
Oh my God YES.

Hackers name: Rima Yuiki
Appearance: Rima has long, curly blonde hair and blue eyes peering from behind blue, circular glasses. She always wears a white dress with frills all over it and black sandals. She is also rather short; she's only 5 feet, 6 inches tall.
Personality: Rima is rather silly. She giggles over everything, and never seems to take anything seriously. She's what most kids would call the "class clown."

Appearance: Nadeshiko has long, straight pale lavender hair and deep purple eyes. She always wears a black dress with purple highlights and blue shoes. Compared to Rima, she is much taller; 6 feet, 2 inches. She hides two fans in her sleeves; she loves using them to whack enemies.

In addition, she has a white, spotted tail poking out from under her dress in the back, as well as two ears.
Creature resembled as: Snow Leopard
Personality: Nadeshiko is very serious. She does not enjoy joking around most of the time, but occasionally, Rima's personality will show and she'll do a silly little stunt.
Also, due to the Snow Leopard-ish form, she'll hiss at an enemy before attacking. Of course, this could also reveal a hiding spot in stealth missions, so she tries to control it.

((Random appearance story: Since I often inspire my appearances by anime peoples, I went look for an idea for Nadeshiko (I made up Rima). What do I find? A picture that looks a LOT like how I described Rima. O_O))

Sure, this sounds cool.

Hackers name: Seth
Appearance: Blonde, always wears short-sleeve shirts and shorts. Basically average, but looks kind of nerdy with his glasses and spiked up hair.
Personality: He loves to laugh, and is always telling jokes, but when it's time to work, he is very responsible. He likes to follow orders, so things aren't so stressful.

Appearance: Calamity is painted green and purple everywhere in various patterns. He has 2 katana scabbards hanging off of his waist, and 3 hanging sideways on his back. He wears light, leather, armor. 6' tall. Calamity's weasel traits show in his build, agility, and ears. His hair is green. His eyes are purple.
Creature resembled as: Weasel
Personality: His personality remains generally the same, but his jokes seem a bit more cruel and sarcastic.

I'm so in. I decided to go a little out there with this one. Let me know if I have to make changes.

Hacker's name: Louise Miller

Appearance: A five foot tall girl with short red hair, freckles, and sharp green eyes. She likes to consider herself good-looking, with a slender body and delicate facial features, but is far too pale from spending all her time indoors either perfecting her hacking (sometimes software needs a modification or two) or playing.

Personality: Whenever someone tells Lou "curiosity killed the cat," she simply adds in a singsong voice, "satisfaction brought him back." She loves to exploit coding flaws and explore places in game that could be dangerous. A thrill-seeker, risk-taker, and smart mouth far too confident in her own intelligence, Louise is surprisingly quiet and reserved in real life, because all of her power involves computers.

Appearance: Diane is an impressive six feet tall covered in black and white waterproof feathers. Curvy despite her obviously non-mammalian descent, her hourglass figure is one of the few things about her that links her to humanity. Her head is distinctly one of a bird, with a long, narrow beak that still manages to form expressions and allow her to speak. She has no hair, nor hands, though her flipper-like wings seem to still be able to grab and hold things as if she still had fingers.

Her outfit looks is basically a long coat made from a (some think humanoid) polar bear pelt, complete with a hood made from it's head and upper jaw. She wears nothing underneath it, which hardly bothers her; her feathers leave more to the imagination than most people's everyday clothing, and she can take the cold better than anyone. A belt, which appears be made from the fur of some kind of other arctic mammal, is tied around her waist and keeps the coat closed. A huge metal hammer sits diagonally across her back, held there by likely by the same power that lets her wield it with no fingers.

Creature resembled as: Penguin
Personality: Lou isn't much for roleplaying; Diane is essentially Louise in humanoid penguin form, confident and brave to the point of recklessness. One thing about her, though, is that she can usually either think or cheat her way out of situations that could otherwise leave her dead.

Woot! *was so waiting for this* Why didn't you post it earlier, man...?

Hackers name: Kurozu Toushirou

Appearance: Around 5' 5" with short black hair and glasses, he wears a long light blue shirt and cargo shorts that come down to his calves.

Personality: Mostly bored all the time, due to his "superior intellect". He never really has conversations with people unless he knows them or if they are as smart as he is.

Avatars name: Kuronohayabusa (Black Falcon)
Appearance: This.
Creature resembled as: Falcon
Personality: Somewhat antisocial but unless you've known him for awhile, he's quite interesting.

*Can be called Kurono, if name is kinda funny to say.

Hackers name: Kathryn Davidson
Appearance: Kathryn (call her Kate!) is short and somewhat chubby, but it suits her. She looks a bit older than she is, with a motherly look. Her hair is long and black, it falls to the middle of her back. Her eyes are grey and slightly slanted. Her skin as a slight dark tint to it, reminiscent of her father's Egyptian heritage. She usually dresses in worn jeans and a tee-shirt, with a large sweater over it, usually white.
Personality: Kate is shy and nervous around people, but will be quite the opposite around small children. She hates it when people harm others, and that's one of the only times she becomes vicious.

Appearance: Suoh is a white oriental dragon, with the usual thin scaly body, antlers, whiskers, and small amounts of 'fur'. He carries a giant pearl in his right forepaw, but will swallow it into a special pocket in his belly when he needs his hands. He has eight small orbs embedded in the left side of his body, each with a small symbol engraved on it. He's about 20 feet long. Here's a picture~
Creature resembled as: Oriental Dragon
Personality: Suoh is friendly and outgoing, but very cautious with people he doesn't know. He loves to learn things, and is quick to master new skills he learns about.

Hacker’s name: Eleanor

Appearance:
Eleanor has long black hair, brown eyes, glasses, and acne mostly restricted to her forehead. She spends most of her time indoors, so her skin is as pale as it could get for her natural skin tone. Though somewhat thin, it’s mainly because she occasionally forgets to eat rather than exercise or a healthy lifestyle. She has eczema on the inside of her elbows and knees, which worsens in the summer. Mainly she wears long t-shirts and knee-length shorts, and on the rare occasion she goes outside, sport sandals.

Personality:
Eleanor is likely to just ignore other people completely, unless she wants something from them. She restricts herself to her computer, mainly, unless she’s making or eating the one or two irregular meals for the day. When it comes to a social event, she’s likely to just fall asleep because it’s just so pointless to her. Generally, when actually talking, she gives minimalistic answers and is somewhat rude, and likely to give a dirty look as well. At her computer, though, she’ll actually show some expression. She takes great delight in exploring the game inside and out, taking advantage of everything she can, and giving herself as much of an advantage as possible. Rather amoral and selfish, she could care less about others within and without the game.

Creature resembled as: Gryphon

Appearance:
Sandor has a sharp, cruel-looking hooked beak, long tapered ears, pale green eyes, and a grey feathered head. The feathers continue halfway down his back, and large grey-coloured wings sprout from his back. His chest would seem like a normal one, though he wears a black apron over it. His arms are scaled and his hands are sharp talons. His entire lower body seems like the hindquarters of a lion, with sand-coloured fur, the hind legs and paws, and a tail. In typical cartoonish fashion he can inexplicably stand upright perfectly, although he’s just as comfortable on all fours. Quite tall when upright and still of respectable size when not, he can be an intimidating sight.

A lance is strapped across his back, although the strap simply disappears when he reaches for it. Additionally, he can easily throw the spear despite its original design as a melee weapon, and when he does, he’ll always have one on his back to replace it.

Personality:
Online, Sandor is much more sociable than Eleanor, and rather confident. He’ll talk to anyone he feels like about anything he wants to, whether they care or not. He’s as selfish and amoral as Eleanor, but rather than talk about it, he’d actually perform actions Eleanor would never dare to. He’ll do things that seem outright evil for fun, although he’d probably get bored of it quickly and move onto something else. When ready to fight, Sandor also likes to take full advantage of the third dimension, and the fact that people are less likely to look up for any threats—whether he decides to throw his lance, charge with it, or just use his claws to tear them apart is unpredictable.

Last edited:
Kusarigamaitachi: Accepted
(( looks like no one else wants to join so lets start. Again, you can meet other people in the real world or in the net. Doesn't matter to me as long as we all meet inside the internet soon. ))

Ronin looked out the window seeing a couple of suited men standing outside of the door. “Ah damn, they caught up faster then I thought.. Well it’s time to move once again.” He spoke as he collected his things. Once he was ready Ronin opened his window and climbed out onto the drainpipe, then worked his way down into the ally. He looked around, so far so good he thought. Then he ran away from the apartment building and down in the streets. Ronin glanced down at his watch and said, “I’m going to be late for our meeting..I better find a place to relax in.” After a couple of blocks he saw a café, Ronin ran inside and order a cold drink. In a couple of minutes he got his laptop set up and hooked himself into it.

--

“Good, I just made it in time. Now where is Kuro..” Zero spoke as he looked around the field on a lantern post. While his coattail was blowing in the wind he was playing with his daggers. I wonder if I will find any other people like me and Kuro.. One would think that looking like us would be easy to find.. He thought

((*sighs happily* Thank God.))

Kurozu was so bored. He walked down the road, pondering so many questions about...everything. He wondered when he would meet the person that matched his level of intellect and have a nice, long discussion about the many mysteries of the internet. But the only thing Kurozu was worried about was being caught. He hurried along, walking up the stairs to his house. He quickly unlocked the door and went in.

"Well, let's hope that Ronin's gonna be online," Kurozu said, sighing, relieved. He made his way to his room and switched on his computer, hooking himself up to it.

----

Kurono had finally logged in. He made his way to the usual meeting place for him and Zero, ever since they'd met.

"Zero, you're here," Kurono said, smirking under his cloak.

Seth opened up his laptop in a local bookstore with internet.

My avatar is totally awesome, but I think that I need to get a bit better at using him. In the Online World, everything is about power, and mad skills, of course...

As he connected himself to the computer, he thought about his avatar, Calamity. Calamity was like him in so many ways. His color-scheme, his battle style, when Seth played as Calamity, he felt truly alive.

Well, here we go!

Seth logged in, and Calamity came to life.

Kathryn yawned. It was almost her turn on the hostel's computers, she'd payed for the whole day... She just had to wait for the thing to boot up, which usualy didn't take more than a few seconds. After the log-in screen popped up, she sighed. Finally! She pushed in the code the lady at the front desk had given her in, and she was in!

Heh. What could her mother say if she knew that Kate was spending her summer online? She'd never been one for computers.

But her mother was out at a convention all day, so she'd never know.

Finally, she logged in, And awoke her avatar, Suoh...

Eleanor finished spooning the soup into large plastic containers and let them sit on the counter, then washed the pots and stove area. Then she wrote a little note to put all but one containers in the freezer when they cooled except for one, which would be eaten.

That was the price she paid, to hide out at Mortimer's house for the moment. She had to cook for him, although he'd pay for the ingredients. He was an otherwise totally lawful citizen as far as she knew, and had as few connections to her as anyone else.

She took a bowl of soup herself and her almost-full cup of coffee, then went to the basement. She walked into a storage room, opened the hidden door past the false wall, and walked down the steep wooden steps, all without spilling a drop.

Eleanor walked over to the desk and set the soup and coffee down on the table-like protrusion beside it. The desk was a large one, almost a square except for the empty part in the middle where she usually sat. She didn't use much of it, really - there was one part for the printer and other useful machines, with all sorts of supplies for people not good enough to do everything on their computers, one part she ate on, and a large side of the square for her laptop, facing the room. That way people wouldn't easily see her screen when she didn't want them to, although Mortimer never came down here anyway.

The rest of the desk was mainly empty space.

Flipping open her laptop, and not even taking the time to mourn her more powerful home computer any more, she typed the series of passwords in quickly. She took a sip of coffee, then hooked herself up to the computer.

-

Sandor started off in the air, startling him somewhat, but flight was near-automatic - otherwise, he very well might have fallen. He looked down at the layer of clouds below him, amused that they had bothered to provide any sort of terrain this high up. The clouds were even semi-realistic, and he could fly through and be wet after. It hid him from view down below, although it was quite boring down here.

He'd arranged a meeting with Suoh in the sky, however, above a weapons shop in this town, and he'd last logged out right above said shop. All that was left was to wait for him to arrive.

Suoh flicked through the sky, his thin body coiling and undulating gracefully among the clouds. Flying was the most wonderful experience, breathtaking and glorious… Now where was Sandor? Ugg, all the clouds looked the same!

He dipped under a cloud for a moment to take in the surroundings, and then slithered back above the thick white clouds, now drenched. He didn’t mind, it was fun. After pulling off a loop-de-loop, his eyes picked up Sandor’s silhouette.

“Hey! Over here!” He called, speeding up a bit.

“Up here.” Zero said as he jumped off the post. Greeting Kuro. He put away his daggers and spoke again, “Shall we begin our daily search for people like us? I wish that... Hold on for a second.”
Ronin unplugged himself so he could check the entrance of the café. “Still alone..I wonder how long I can stay here before they catch up again..” he mumbled to himself as he hooked back in.
“Alright, what was I saying..Oh yes, I wish that damn girl told us how many we are supposed to find. For all I know we could be the only ones who’s been granted this power..” He finished.

Kuro nodded.

"Yeah, I see what you mean," he replied. "I don't even know where to start with this...maybe we aren't alone."

There was a distinct feeling that kept Kuro on his toes.

"I do feel that we aren't alone..."

Bobbing up and down in the air despite how he shouldn't have been able to hover was quite boring, but he didn't have to wait long before hearing a somewhat-familiar voice call him.

The much larger Suoh was easy to find once Sandor knew what direction to look in, and he flew forward to meet Suoh as well.

"Hey," he called. "Hope you found a secure place? I won't wait for you if you have to randomly log out."

Eleanor didn't have to worry about it, of course; Mortimer wouldn't betray her, as he was practically infatuated with her food. Living on instant noodle probably did that to a person. She could get up at random times and never really have to see him, either.

( Question: How much control over their actual bodies and sensory reception do the players have while logged in? Ronin had to disconnect to check the door, but he was able to move to disconnect, so...? )

Calamity pulled a couple of katanas out of his scabbards and walked along the countryside.

The Online World can be a bit scary. Sometimes you think that you can do whatever you want, but then you remember that what you do here affects how you are in real life... There must be something or someone that is willing to fight me here. Not to the death, of course.

When Calamity looked over, he saw a dark alley. In the alley, there seemed to be a fight. No... Not a fight... A mugging... This is my perfect chance though. Who cares if I kill a couple of criminals?...

He ran into the alley and stopped in front of the mugger and the victim. "Hey, what's going on here?"

The mugger seemed startled and looked at Calamity. "Beat it, fuzzy."

Calamity had a brilliant idea. Ever since that white-haired girl talked to him, he felt like he had a higher calling in this world. Maybe this was it. "I'm Calamity. Remember that name, because it's the last one you're ever going to hear..."

The mugger stepped away from his frightened victim. "Really? You think you're tough? Fine. Take this!"

He swung his right arm, paired with brass knuckles, at Calamity, who dodged it and stabbed the criminal with one katana. The mugger flinched, and Calamity stabbed the mugger again with the other katana. As the mugger's corpse dropped to the ground, spilling blood, Calamity fled the scene quickly, laughing maniacally.

Well, that went smoothly... Hahahaha!

Back
Top Bottom