• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS no longer a sand team.

1. Luftballon

Banned
Pronoun
it
this is no longer classified information.

no, I can't change the legendaries' natures. I have it mirrored in SS for Chrome League.

Sandsong (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 88 HP/252 Atk/170 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

it has a perfect speed EV, or something close. the drop in speed just tells me if an opponent base 100+ is scarfed or not. iron head just rips through teams lacking in gyarados and heatran, but those two screw over most of the rest of my team, too.

SR with scarf might seem a bit strange, but it's useful for certain pathological cases.

fire punch is over the standard trick because scizor is a pain.

Dustpad (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

deals with most steels not named scizor or heatran. physical wall. death fodder.

yeah, it's the same set as before, minus reliable recovery, or, should I say, any recovery at all.

Oddfeather (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 48 HP/252 Def/210 Spd
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Grass]

perfect speed. EVs are specifically to outspeed all gyarados before dragon dance, though it never actually goes up against any gyarados. couldn't get better than calm, but calm is decent, I guess.

it's a decent late-game sweeper, too.

Lostfoot (Dugtrio) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk/212 Spd/46 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

gets rid of: electrics, heracross, breloom, magnezone, heatran. good for revenge-killing.

Duckface (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/58 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Recover

heatran, gyarados, dragons. also gyaravire combo attempts.

Bumblepool (Slowbro) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave

for machamp, I hateses them. takes less than 30% from payback, hits back with psychic, and has reliable recovery. doesn't instantly die to +6 gyarados waterfall and screws them over with thunder wave. threatens (and paralyzes) heatran. gets rid of scizor rather niftily, while resisting bullet punch.

any glaring problems?

Last edited:
Re: sort of a sand team. sort of.

Well, It's obviously pretty darn good, because it pwned the chrome tournament. I was the closest to winning! As reluctant as I am to give any advice for improvement, I will. 'Cuz I'm nice like that.

BTW, why Porygon 2 over Pory-Z? The latter would make much more sense. Also, nice Zapdos Tank. Heat wave leaves stuff to be desired in the accuracy department, but...There's nothing else, so I guess it's possible. If you substituted Leftovers for Wide Lens, you might be able to go Thunder for extra power. Besides, it has healing anyway.

...I just realized your team spams Leftovers. ITEM SPAMMER!

That aside, you may wish for Life Orb on Dugtrio. That would allow it to stay out a lot longer, as well as giving it amazing sweeping ability. Besides, its speed is through the roof already.
...But if you do this, you may consider going Jolly over Adamant.

...I just realized that your entire team has either Choice Scarf or Leftovers. ULTRA ITEM SPAMMER!

The hippowdon: Good most of the time, but what can you do about flying-types? Anything Flying-type or with Levitate can just sit there and stall, allowing them another free turn while you switch our. You may want to consider changing that.

...Why have SR on two different pokemon? You might as well substitute Jirachi's SR for trick, IMO.

Unrelatedly, I love it when people trick a scarf onto my already-poisoned Swellow.

...Aaaand, that's all I can think of ATM.

Well, It's obviously pretty darn good, because it pwned the chrome tournament. I was the closest to winning! As reluctant as I am to give any advice for improvement, I will. 'Cuz I'm nice like that.

BTW, why Porygon 2 over Pory-Z? The latter would make much more sense. Also, nice Zapdos Tank. Heat wave leaves stuff to be desired in the accuracy department, but...There's nothing else, so I guess it's possible. If you substituted Leftovers for Wide Lens, you might be able to go Thunder for extra power. Besides, it has healing anyway.

pory2 can actually survive gyarados. pory-z is 2hko'd at best by +0 waterfall. also, trace is amazing.

...I just realized your team spams Leftovers. ITEM SPAMMER!

yes. is there anything better?

That aside, you may wish for Life Orb on Dugtrio. That would allow it to stay out a lot longer, as well as giving it amazing sweeping ability. Besides, its speed is through the roof already.
...But if you do this, you may consider going Jolly over Adamant.

loses scarftran.

...I just realized that your entire team has either Choice Scarf or Leftovers. ULTRA ITEM SPAMMER!

indeed. I didn't manage to slip scarf glaceon in, either.

The hippowdon: Good most of the time, but what can you do about flying-types? Anything Flying-type or with Levitate can just sit there and stall, allowing them another free turn while you switch our. You may want to consider changing that.

it's not meant to do anything. and they'll get roared out anyway.

...Why have SR on two different pokemon? You might as well substitute Jirachi's SR for trick, IMO.

jirachi needs a scarf to get rid of the fast ones with negligible defense with iron head 2hko+flinch.

Unrelatedly, I love it when people trick a scarf onto my already-poisoned Swellow.

that should only happen if you're switching into the trick. hrml. not that it would matter, since jirachi should OHKO swellow after SR and a turn of toxic poison.

...Aaaand, that's all I can think of ATM.

mm.

sreservoir said:
loses scarftran.

What is that, anyway? Dugrtio with max speed can outspeed, like, anything that is a threat. It doesn't really need a choice scarf.

sreservoir said:
it's not meant to do anything. and they'll get roared out anyway.

But that would give them a free attack. Would it not be smarter to either attack them with something super-effective or to switch to something resistant? As long as it's out without SR, it will die.

sreservoir said:
that should only happen if you're switching into the trick. hrml. not that it would matter, since jirachi should OHKO swellow after SR and a turn of toxic poison.

Often, they do it on the second turn, after I've protected on the first turn and Toxic Orb has taken effect. Then I'm locked into Facade; and NOTHING can outspeed it.

What is that, anyway? Dugrtio with max speed can outspeed, like, anything that is a threat. It doesn't really need a choice scarf.

scarf heatran outspeeds all unscarfed dugtrio. of course, porygon2 or zapdos deal with all choiced heatran, but still. if I scarf dugtrio, I can switch it into any heatran after a KO without caring what set it is.

But that would give them a free attack. Would it not be smarter to either attack them with something super-effective or to switch to something resistant? As long as it's out without SR, it will die.

but why even bother? if I use stone edge, I get less accuracy, less power, and I don't manage to get rid of metagross as easily. and I still don't cover claydol. or flygon.

Often, they do it on the second turn, after I've protected on the first turn and Toxic Orb has taken effect. Then I'm locked into Facade; and NOTHING can outspeed it.

then your opponents are being stupid.

significant changes, after discussion (read: me bugging vixie and walker) on #tcod.

and can somebody tell me if it's too many problems, no noticeable problems, or if I look like a troll? (even a yes/no answer to that question would suffice!)

Meh, I see your reasoning, but I would do it differently myself. Ah, you beat the Chrome leauge, so it's at least good enough for that...

Back
Top Bottom