• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(OOC/Signups) Shadowy Past (redux)

Flora

local hellion
Pronoun
they/he/ey
Hey guys. Uh, there'll be like two or three posts (counting this one) before I'll let you guys sign up. Sorry. There's a loooooooot of info I put into this :/

-----------------------

Welcome to Johto! Each and every day, new trainers are greeted with this short but sweet saying. Some have come to try their hands at gym battling, while others are attempting to be the best at contests. A few want to be great breeders. Some even want to be researchers or Rangers!

Some have come to Johto to conquer the world.

A few years ago, an Orrean scientist made a discovery that could change the fate of the world as they knew it. He found that if a human is injected with the DNA of a Shadow Pokémon, said human’s DNA and that of the Shadow Pokémon would mix, creating a type of hybrid that the scientist dubbed a “Shadow Trainer.” The trainer could have visible traits of the Pokémon with which they were mixed, or they may not. The most noticeable characteristic of a Shadow Trainer is that, unless they have a particularly strong will, they will blindly follow whoever it was that turned them into such a person, and of course that person’s allies.

The remnants of Team Rocket, a horrible organization known for Pokémon theft that had been disbanded several years before, have begun to use the information in this project to their own advantage. Continuing their time-held tradition of thieving Pokémon from unsuspecting trainers, the unlikely band of villains used the best of their resources to take Pokémon from their trainers and turn them into Shadow Pokémon; these now emotionally-defunct Pokémon would then be used as bait to lure their trainer to the base, located in the Radio Tower in Goldenrod, where they would promptly be injected with the DNA from the Shadow Pokémon.

They slowly began to build up their team, perfectly prepared to take over the world by capturing the legendaries throughout Johto. As an illusion to their status as the Pokémon world’s new biggest threat, they dubbed themselves Team Nightmare.

Hope is not lost for the citizens in the regions, however; several trainers in Johto have risen up to fight Nightmare and restore the Shadow Trainers to their former, non-evil selves. They’ve even rallied some helpers from as far away as Orre and Almia! And to add to the resistance, many of those Shadow Trainers whose wills were sufficient to last through their transformation are helping as well. Now, these trainers are looking to find Nightmare’s base as they defeat the numerous gyms or contests.

They’d best beware, though; Nightmare’s leader, realizing that these trainers, despite their young age and lack of experience, could ruin their entire plan, dispatched a multitude of Shadow Trainers to pose as allies of the resistance, with their eventual goal to lead them to a false base, where they will be turned into Shadow Trainers, hopefully under Nightmare’s control.

Can these heroes save the regions from a complete takeover? Or will Nightmare come out on top in the end?

Rules:

~No godmoding or powerplaying. That makes Flora sad. And you don’t want to make Flora sad. Cause she will hurt you.
~~Subrule: Legendaries count as godmoding, by the way.

~Literacy! My personal definition of “literate” is a paragraph per post; not very much, so don’t complain about it.

~ I fully expect violence to arise; after all, Shadow Trainers do have some Pokémon powers, plus Shadow Pokémon themselves are known to be extremely dangerous. As such, expect a bit of blood. I don’t think anything will get too bad, so death most likely will not occur. Unless you get ganged up on by a million bloodthirsty Shadow Garchomps; in that case, make sure to inform me of such.

~Regarding said Pokémon powers, please be reasonable; we don’t want little Pichu morphs unleashing Hyper Beam. Usable Shadow Trainer moves must be under 100 power, or a Shadow Pokémon attack such as Shadow Rush.

~Romance is alright, just please don’t go over PG-13; I’d like to keep the small bit of innocence I’ve got left, frankly.

~I think we should keep the amount of characters per person to four.

~You can be whatever weird character-side-combination you want to be, and you can change sides to your heart’s content – okay, actually don’t do that last one too much, it’d be a pain. Just make sure to note their actual side in their character bio; having a hero/Shadow Trainer/Nightmare character can be quite confusing if no one has a clue what side they’re on.

~The “resistance” is just a cheesy term for “a random group of people who each pursue their own agenda for stopping evil Nightmare.” As such, the group doesn’t need to stick together; after all, they all have different interests in their Pokémon training! However, it would be great if you informed me of where you all are.

~Oh, and since this roleplay is my baby, if your profile is lacking in some areas, you probably will be turned down. If you are turned down and I don’t tell you why, you probably should expand it.

~Have fun, of course!

(more info in next post because this post is freaking huge)

Rules about particular stuff:

BATTLING:
Battles will be observed by a referee, one of many who seem to enjoy stalking the characters as they roam throughout Johto to defeat (or help) Nightmare. Ordinarily I will be playing this referee, unless a gym leader or one of my own characters is involved, in which case I will appoint a referee-player for the particular battle.

As in the games, the fastest Pokémon (e.g. the one with the higher speed) attacks first, and the referee rolls a die (preferably outside of the roleplay) to determine whether it hit the target; if so, a reasonable amount of points will be taken from the opponent’s health. Then the other Pokémon attacks, following these directives. Repeat as needed until the battle is finished.

CONTESTS:
Contests will also be observed by a stalker-referee, again played by me or a designated person. They will be done in the style of the anime, as follows:

In the first round of a contest, the participants pick one Pokémon from their team, and may dress it up as they please. When their turn comes, the participant has his or her Pokémon show off its moves in a stylish fashion. They are then graded; if they have a certain number of points (7 out of 10), they move onto the second round. In this round, they directly face off against another battler, and must fight while executing them stylishly as well. Each hit a Pokémon takes docks several points from their score. After ten attacks, or when a Pokémon has fainted or lost all points, the participant with the most remaining points wins the contest.

BREEDING:
Located conveniently outside of Goldenrod City is a daycare center. If you’re passing by and wish for two of your Pokémon to produce an egg, you can simply leave them there while you explore the city. (Alternately, you could get a breeding tent at your nearest Pokemart. Just keep it closed, alright?)

After a few posts, you can check on your Pokémon to find…an egg! After a while it’ll hatch into the mother’s species, with egg moves and such.

For professional breeders, eggs do not count towards your six Pokémon limit; however, upon hatching they will be sent to the PC if you have six in your party.

EVOLUTION:

Every so often, Pokémon that evolve by leveling up will get the chance to do so. The exact number depends on the level; lower levels will happen after two days, and higher levels will increase appropriately.

Those that evolve by item will simply evolve when the item is used on them. Those that evolve by happiness will evolve when the owner has participated for about five pages (if the owner wishes). Those that evolve by trading will evolve upon being traded, of course, and those that evolve by location will evolve at said location.

Leaders:

Just as the Pokémon from other regions have found their way to Johto, the Gym Leaders have also updated their rosters, including Pokémon from Hoenn and Sinnoh:

Falkner: Pidgey, Hoothoot, Starly, Wingull, Murkow, Taillow

Bugsy: Pinsir, Heracross, Yanma, Scyther, Nincada, Combee

Whitney: Miltank, Clefairy, Girafarig, Lickitung, Skitty, Bidoof

Morty: Gastly, Haunter, Misdreavus, Sableye, Duskull, Drifloon

Chuck: Primeape, Poliwrath, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Medicham, Breloom

Jasmine: Magneton, Steelix, Skarmory, Empoleon, Metang, Bronzong

Pryce: Dewgong, Mamoswine, Glalie, Froslass, Sealeo, Abomasnow

Clair: Dragonair, Gyarados, Kingdra, Charizard, Dragonite, Aerodactyl

Contests:

There are five contest halls placed throughout Johto, located as follows:

Lilac Contest Hall: This Contest Hall is located near the Sprout Tower in Violet City. Winners receive the Lilac Ribbon.

Ivory Contest Hall: This Contest Hall can be found in Goldenrod City, nearby the Radio Tower. Winners here receive the Ivory Ribbon

Turquoise Contest Hall: This Contest Hall is found on an island nearby Cianwood City. Winners here receive the Turquoise Ribbon.

Peridot Contest Hall: This Contest Hall can be found just outside Olivine City. The winners here receive the Peridot Ribbon.

Iris Contest Hall: This Contest Hall is found near the Gym in Blackthorn City. Winners receive the Iris Ribbon.

(and skeleton and member info in last post cause this RP is incredibly detailed)

Skeleton:

Name: (nickname(s) in parentheses)
Race: (Human or Shadow Trainer)
Affiliation: (Resistance, Shadow Trainer, Nightmare. Nightmare members should list their rank, too)
Occupation: (trainer, breeder, coordinator, Ranger, researcher)
Team: (species, name and gender please)
Badges/Ribbons: (ignore for breeders or anything else)
Appearance:
Personality:
Bio:
Relationships:
Other:

Things to keep in mind while filling out the profile:

:Shadow Trainers have no memory from before they turned into Shadow Trainers. You can, of course, write about it, but keep this in mind.
:Shadow Trainers – Make sure to put your DNA somewhere, either under personality or bio. Though not required, it’s also suggested that your personality reflect your DNA at least somewhat.
:You can list badges or ribbons from other regions, but your total amount in Johto probably shouldn’t exceed one or two in the beginning (unless you’re actually from Johto).
:Ordinary humans can be Nightmare members, of course! They weren’t all Shadow Trainers at the organization’s conception.
:Humans – Explain why you fight for your side of choice in your bio.

Members:

Reserved:

Resistance Person ~ Brock (shadow Trainer)

Resistance:
Jon Hill ~ Pwnemon (Angeline's brother)
Lora White ~ Mewtwo
Deax ~ Flareth (shadow Trainer)
Van ~ Xaldin (Shadow Trainer)
Jordan Danxeria (shadow Trainer)/Mia Smith/Cherry Jackson ~ Zora of Termina
CC ~ Pichu Chris
Ciel Alioth ~ Exo-Raikou
Jared Saske ~ Explosion (Shadow Trainer)
Graham Bepya ~ Blastoise

Nightmare:
Angeline Hill ~ Flora and Ashes (me) (Jon's sister)
Placido Wisel ~ Exo-Raikou (admin)
Chuck Finley ~ Pwnemon
Shihab de Solis ~ Storm, Earth, and Fire
Jessica Perkins ~ Blazie
Susan Green ~ dragonair
James Thalus ~ Exo-Raikou
Mike Garcia ~ Flora and Ashes (me)

(my profile comes in the next post because I HAVE TOO MUCH INFO)

Last edited:
Name: Angeline Hill (Angel, Angie)
Race: Shadow Trainer
Affiliation: Shadow Trainers (the loyal ones, of course)
Team:
Togetic – Float – Female
Cyndaquil – Flares – Male
Buneary – Pompom - Female
Badges/Ribbons: One ribbon, the Ivory Ribbon
Appearance: Angel’s shoulder-length hair was formerly a light blond color; however, after her transformation it had lightened up even more, turning it almost white. Her eyes are a light blue, framed by silver glasses. She usually wears a light pink dress and white sandals. When dressing up for a contest, however, she wears a much brighter purple dress and black sandals.
Personality: Angel is a fairly level-headed being; she’s generally the voice of reason in most situations. She doesn’t generally speak unless she has something to say, but what she does say tends to be relatively deep.
Of course, that’s simply her outward appearance, used for undercover work. Her actual persona is hinted at during contests, and only shown fully at Nightmare’s base. Angel is truthfully very devious, and quite easily angered. Sometimes she can become outright aggressive, particularly toward her enemies.
Bio: Angie lived in Cherrygrove City from her birth till she was about thirteen. That year, she got Float from her dad and ventured to New Bark Town, where she acquired Flares. She then traveled around Johto, training her Pokémon (including Pompom, which she had acquired from the Daycare couple) so that they could win a contest. At fifteen, she finally tried her first contest – the Ivory Contest – and won a ribbon. Shortly after, someone told her of a contest at the Radio Tower. She went there, and was turned into a Shadow Trainer, with the DNA of a Togetic.
Dislikes: Rebels, Grimer and Muk, poison-types
Relationships: Jon is her brother. Not that she remembers him.
Other: N/A

okay now joining can occur. sorry bout all that :(

Last edited:
Okay, I'm going to reserve a Nightmare Shadow Trainer because this RP is so thorough that it will definitely take time to fill out something good enough. I might make another one, depending on how my first one goes.

I have this character named Jon Hill that I love to use for RP's and I wanted to be in the Resistance. It was a total coincidence but do you want to take it and run with it, maybe make our characters siblings?

Anyway, signup
Name: Jon Hill
Race: Human
Affiliation: Le Resistance
Team: Pupitar- Shelly- Female
Scyther- Slashem- Male
Badges: The Azalea Gym and Violet Gym badges
Appearance: Jon has messy brown hair that is typically down to about eyebrow level. He has green eyes with a hint of hazel and moderate acne problems. He dresses casually in t-shirts and athletic shorts.
Personality: He's happy-go-lucky and active, and can't bear to sit still. He's also just intelligent enough to be noteworthy, but forgetful. He's typically the kind of person everyone is friends with but only shallowly.
Bio: Jon is the younger sister of Angeline and hates it. She was always rude to him and he was glad when she left home. Just under two years later he was given Shelly and decided to wander around on his own. Purposefully not pursuing his sister's career, he decided to challenge the Pokemon League. His first match against Falkner went very smoothly as Falkner could do nothing while he was pummeled with rock moves. He then went on to face Bugsy and defeated his team with only one Pokemon, scoring a lucky critical hit on Heracross. Impressed, Bugsy gave him the breed of his prized Scyther, which he named Slashem. He was about to head on to Goldenrod but was warned that trouble was brewing there, so he stayed in Azalea, where he is today.
Dislikes: His sister, Water-types and Grass-types.
Relations: Sister to Angeline Hill
Other: None

All this pending approval by Flora, of course. I can change it if you don't like.

Name: Lora White
Race: Human
Affiliation: Resistance
Team:
471glaceon.png
Snowsparkle [F]
301delcatty.png
Meranda [F]
281kirlia.png
Grace [F]
303mawile.png
Mark [M]
025pikachu.png
Hatori [M]
017pidgeotto.png
Ferrino [M]

Ribbons:
Kanto: 2
Johto: 3
Hoenn: 1
Sinnoh: 5
Appearance: Lora has long, flowing dark brown hair, which she keeps straight. Her eyes are light gold, and seem to hold a warm, gentle gaze. She wears a blue bandanna around her neck. Her shirt is white with a light blue floral pattern going around the bottom. She wears a dark blue skirt which reaches a little above her knees.
Personality: Very caring towards her Pokémon and others, even those she has never met. She does, however, hate evil, which is why she hates the Nightmare. She seems to be friends with everyone.
Bio: Lora was born and raised in Johto, but she got lost at around eight years old. She ran into an oddly colored Eevee (she did not know what shinies were at that point) who led her out of the Forest. After Lora got home, the Eevee wouldn't go away, and her mother said she couldn't keep it.

When Lora went to Sinnoh for her tenth birthday, the Eevee snuck on board, not having forgotten about her. When Lora got to her relative's house in Snowpoint, she saw the Eevee looking at her longingly. She went in and asked her relatives if they had any extra Pokéballs, and they said she was ready to become a Pokémon trainer, so the shiny Eevee became her starter. She named her Snowsparkle, due to her finally getting to have her in Snowpoint.

She went into the training grounds outside of Snowpoint, where she trained her Eevee to level up. To her surprise, her Eevee soon began glowing, and eventually evolved into a Glaceon. Soon after that, she decisded to become a coordinator.

Soon she found out about th Nightmare and the Shadow Trainers. She immediately began hating the Nightmare for what he did. She did, however, have a soft spot for the Trainers themselves, due to them not having a choice in the situation.
Likes: Others, her Pokémon, general niceness, contests and cooperating with her Pokémon.
Dislikes: the Nightmare, evil, hatred.
Relationships: None; she's too innocent/shy for a boyfriend.
Other: izzit alright?

Last edited:
Name: Deael (Deax)

Race: Shadow Trainers

Team:
Persian-Nigel-Male
Eevee-Mizaki-Female
Badges/Ribbons: Zephyr, Hive

Appearance: She used to have long, dark-brown hair and green eyes, but when she became a Shadow Trainer, her hair turned black and her eyes turned red. She wears black tank top underneath a camouflage-colored jacket. She wears a light blue pair of jeans that are a bit baggy. She usually wears a black-and-white striped pair of sneakers.

Personality: Her dreams mentioned below propel her to do all this stuff, even though she thinks that her dreams are too cliched to be true. She is protective to her Pokemon and anyone close to her. Because of being a Shadow Trainer, she often gets bouts of anger and rage caused by Reverse Mode or Hyper Mode (Depends which one is used in this RP) if she uses her Shadow moves to attack. After being under Reverse or Hyper Mode, she is usually very agressive until she either goes to sleep or waiting for an hour or two.

Bio: She moved from Orre with her sister, Jax, about a year ago to Ecruteak City. Jax decided to do the Gym Challenge, so she was on the road. She always called Deael to tell her how things were going. One day, Jax didn't call. The next day, Deael got a ransom note in the mail, telling her to go to the Burned Tower. When she got there, she was ambushed and turned into a Shadow Trainer, with the DNA of an Umbreon. Her sister hasn't been seen since.

Deael went on a journey because she felt she was missing something in her heart. She often sees a girl that looks similar to what she used to look like in her dreams. She is on the Resistance because of her strong will and the feeling that Nightmare has done something to someone close to her.

Dislikes: Nightmare, Psychic-Types, trying to figure out her strange dreams

Relationships: None as of yet.

Other: Not really.

Oh dear god, this one'll require a good think.

Well, actually, it's more I should be studying, but same idea.

I'll put a form down by tomorrow at the latest.

I would also like to note my approximate reaction when I saw how enormous this was:
snlspit.gif

Anyways, I'll start my form:

Name: Placido Wisel

Affiliation: Nightmare. (admin?)

Team:

Spr_4h_212_m.png
Skiel [m]

Spr_4p_464_m.png
Grannel [m]

Spr_4d_373.png
Taiyo [m]

Spr_4p_469.png
Lucciano [m]

Spr_4h_230.png
Breo [f]

Spr_4p_442.png
Yliaster [m]

Badges/Ribbons: 6; Plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier, and Rising

Appearance: Placido is tall, at six feet even, and wears a plain white longcoat as well as white pants, along with dark colored shoes. His hair is a darker brown, and is somewhat short. He wears on ring on his right index finger that bears a small ruby. His eyes are a pale green

Personality: Placido sees himself as a visionary, one that can change the future personally. He cites that as the reason he joined Nightmare and allowed himself to become a Shadow Trainer, even giving his transformation project the self-styled codename: "Infinity." Much of him is driven by the idea of survival of the fittest. His battling is done with great joy to attempt and measure the skill level of his enemy, and he will be very ruthless in his attacks so that the full power of the enemy will emerge. Outside of battle, he is calm and polite, so very few that would see his face at first glance would think that he is a vicious Shadow Trainer.

Bio: Placido lived in Kanto for the first half of his life, and became a trainer at the usual age of ten. He established himself as a prodigal trainer within two months, in that he beat the last four gyms of Kanto within a month... and he didn't even bother to battle the earlier four, believing them to not be worthy opponents; his complex of survival of the fittest had emerged very quickly from those four battles. Though this meant he could not part-take in the league, he did not care, instead deliberately turning his travels to Johto, where he obtained the Plain and Fog badges within one day, and, as the days went by, he gained the other badges listed above. The battles he experienced strengthened Through his travels, he obtained the team he has today, with the exception of Skiel, which was a pokemon that he had found on his first day as a trainer. In his twenty-fourth year, his skills caught the attention of Nightmare, and their first attempt to make him a Shadow Trainer ended brutally for Nightmare. After learning of what they were capable of, he personally approached them and requested they make him a Shadow Trainer, albeit one with a resolve strong enough to make him keep his freedom of choice. Given the DNA of a Tyranitar, Placido established himself as a ruthless member of Nightmare, killing members of the resistance several times.

Likes: Worthy opponents, the thrill of battle, the sound of attacks striking their targets

Dislikes: Weak opponents, opponents that do not put their full effort into battle

Relationships: None for now

Other: Skiel will usually be out of his pokeball.

Last edited:
accepted!

yeah I know, it is huge; like i said in the rules, this roleplay is my baby XD

Name: Vande (Van)
Team:
Spr_4d_160.png
-Ven-Male
Spr_4h_197.png
-Kage-Male
Spr_4d_448.png
-Aura-Female
Spr_4d_123_m.png
-Aennix-Male
Spr_4d_215_m.png
-Krest-Male (Holding a razor Claw)
Badges/Ribbons: Jhoto - 1
Appearance: At first glance, Van may seem like a thin, lithe boy with medium length jet-black hair and has piercing amber eyes. He is roughly 5’5 and weighs at about 115 pounds. His hair just covers his eyes in a curtain of black, although he shifts it to only cover his right eye. He usually wears a plain black T-shirt and slightly baggy jeans. Also, due to the Lucario DNA, he has spike on the backs of his hands, as well as very small aura manipulation.

Personality: Van is a reckless individual with a cocky attitude, and is also extremely lazy when it comes to any form of work, as he prefers to dump his work onto others. He does, however, enjoy fighting and is quite competitive to just about anyone. He is a sarcastic, curious person and prefers to see the dark side of things. Van relies on instinct rather then his intelligence when fighting. He despises people who manipulate others and gives them false hope. He would also prefer to take the law into his own hands. Punishing lawbreakers as he sees fit, usually using a small Aura Sphere...

Bio: Having moved from Kanto to Jhoto, or more specifically Violet city right before his tenth birthday, he was immediately sent to New Bark Town to receive a starting pokemon. After much thought he choose a Totodile. As a celebration, he choose to take the Gym Leader's challenge in his new hometown. After a close battle, he won. On his way home, he was ambushed and injected with Lucario DNA. After that, he stayed in there service for six years until he finally broke control. He is currently traveling around, taking the challenges of all Gym Leaders in a attempt to take down Nightmare. He only holds one memory, and that is of Violent City, although he has no idea why.

Dislikes: Nightmare, Manipulative people, Lawbreakers
Relationships: None at the moment
Other:

Last edited:
Damn girl, you went and got detailed on me!

Reserving two characters. It'll take a bit to get these filled out.

Xaldin accepted and Zora reserved.

*shrugs* I can feel myself getting more detailed by the minute :)

Reserve please? I really don't have time for now...and you stole my idea of being Pichu-Morph! Grr... well, it doesn't matter since noone signed up as a Nightmare Pichu Morph yet...

Back
Top Bottom