• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My username fits well.

departuresong

Bouncing Off Clouds
Though I have only returned to these forums with this account for a few months, it has become obvious that I am growing increasingly distant from the community. The people here have always caused a great deal of stress and drama, but it has always been outweighed by a substantial amount of light-hearted fun.

The fun is gone. This is more my fault than the community's, surely, but to say I'm the only one guilty isn't true, either.

The next year is going to be the hardest of my life so far, without a doubt. The amount of stress is causing both mental and physical problems the likes of which I've never dealt with before. I absolutely must cut out all tension, all stress, all negativity from my life. It's the only way I'm going to stay sane.

And yes, all three of those things exist here, moreso on my side than any other. I cannot keep struggling to fit into a community that I no longer feel like I have any place in. Most of the people I called friends here have grown up and moved on, and I must do the same.

It has been a good six-year run with these forums and this community. It is strange to look back at how I was when I first registered and realize how much has changed. It sure doesn't feel like six years. The more I reflect on it, the more I realize how much this group of teenage Pokémon fans has shaped who I am today, both the good and the bad. I am more open-minded, accepting, and mature; I am also terribly judgemental, self-conscious, and have a hard time formally articulating my thoughts.

I thought it would be necessary to make a post like this to announce my departure. To leave in silence would be an insult to the vibrant community here that has played such a large role in the last couple of years.

I'm on Facebook (you'll know how to find me there if we're friends), Twitter, and I blog every now and then. If you use any of the three, I would love to stay in contact.

Goodbye and thank you for everything you've all done for me.

It has been a good six-year run with these forums and this community. It is strange to look back at how I was when I first registered and realize how much has changed.
Jesus, AK - I understand if you want to go down with a bang, but did you have to totally embarrass all of us on the way out?

You know when your girlfriend/boyfriend is coming over to meet your family, and your parents start showing him/her photos of you as a baby naked in the tub or something? That's you, that's exactly what you're doing right now! You, you...

nah, no harm in a little nostalgia every once in a while.

Jesus, AK - I understand if you want to go down with a bang, but did you have to totally embarrass all of us on the way out?

You know when your girlfriend/boyfriend is coming over to meet your family, and your parents start showing him/her photos of you as a baby naked in the tub or something? That's you, that's exactly what you're doing right now! You, you...
Tailsy still thinks "Oh yah, ph34r me, I'm Scottish!" even if she doesn't say it.

later; see you in a few months! be sure you come up with a good two-word phrase from your favorite lyrics for your next username. [nods sagely]

oh wait did I forget to make a snide comment about how furret tends to come back after leaving?

welp
I guess so

The funny thing is that we are as silly now as we were then. Especially Xikaze.

I was much less silly and much more dumb
but hey, so were all of us

Back
Top Bottom