• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D/P/Pt Crystal League Normal Mono

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
So! I am a Crystal League Gym Leader it seems, and I want to get a bit of advice on my team. As it's the Crystal League, I won't have EV training, just a heads up.

I'm pulling a Normal-monotype team for my gym, and I plan on training at least one of every fully-evolved non-legendary Normal type for reserves. I have particular interest in a few, which I will list any movesets I have for (partial or not) after my current main team.

My current team is as follows:

[Solstice] Staraptor (M) @ Choice Band
Jolly/Intimidate
-Brave Bird
-Return
-U-turn
-Close Combat

Lead-type thing. Can U-turn out of most stuff that he can't beat the pants off of I guess. Terribly fragile though.

[Prometheus] Lopunny (M) @ Flame Orb
Adamant/Klutz
-Switcheroo
-Bounce
-Toxic
-Frustration

ohgod this needs work fff. He knows Frustration since I just traded him off my other game, so. Switcheroos that orb onto a physical attacker preferably.

[Europa] Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Bold/Scrappy
-Milk Drink
-Heal Bell
-Seismic Toss
-Body Slam

Cleric type thing! and Seismic Toss that hits everything due to Scrappy! Yeah!

[Eclipse] Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Calm/Magic Guard
-Moonlight
-Cosmic Power
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam

Boltbeam + Healing and Defense boosting...pretty basic I guess :V

[Celestial] Togekiss (F) @ King's Rock
Modest/Serene Grace
-Thunderwave
-Roost
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere

Flinchhax hurpderp.

[Equinox] Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Jolly/Scrappy
-Substitute
-Return
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake

Subpunch! And Scrappy! Woo.

Anyway...I'm most interested in sets for Persian, Snorlax, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Swellow, Spinda, Zangoose, Kecleon, Bibarel, Lickilicky, and Porygon-Z, as they're my favourites.

I have a male Munchlax with Selfdestruct from Winner's Path if that's any good; I dunno if it can be bred into other ones, but. I also have a few sets that need work/are unfinished that I'll list below. Also tips for getting moves on a Smeargle are nice. :B

Persian @ Life Orb
Adamant/Technician
-Fake Out
-Aerial Ace
-Slash?
-Night Slash?/U-turn

Some kind of lead thing, again. Night Slash would be for Ghosts, but U-Turn is nice too...

Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses/ Choice Specs/Scarf?
Modest/Adaptability
-Tri Attack
-Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
-Dark Pulse/Psychic
-Nasty Plot

I forget if it's normal and ice or normal and electric that gets better coverage but yeah. I might put both Psychic and Dark Pulse if I do Choice, since Psychic handles fighting types, but Dark Pulse handles any stray Shedinja.

Dunsparce @ King's Rock
?/Serene Grace
-Glare
-Headbutt
-Water Pulse?
-uh something goes here. Roost mebbie?

hi mini togekiss. Dunsparce gets a LOT of weird moves.

Swellow @ Flame Orb?
Adamant/Guts
-Facade
-Aerial Ace
-uh
-something

Guts abuse, etc etc, the usual Swellow shtick.

Lickilicky @ Liechi Berry
Jolly/Own Tempo
-Endure
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-Explosion

I have one with this set laying around for some reason...no idea how good it is or anything but eh may as well post it for advice.

uh that's all I had a chance to scribble out between chores today x: god I'm bad at this. halp.

Swellow: Add protect. I also reccommend U-turn, in case it is in an unfavorable matchup and needs to GTFO.

Also, ever thought about a Smeargle?

Aerial Ace is okay, I guess, if you're not fond of recoil, but Brave Bird is far better.

Bibarel makes a great BP recipient because of its ability, Simple. Frustration, Waterfall, physical moves like that, and perhaps have Smearable pass it some speed and/or attack?

Zangoose has a great physical movepool and Swords Dance. Return, Close Combat, maybe Quick Attack or Shadow Claw, alongside SD works well. Or, if you feel like it, Counter with Focus Sash, though there are entry hazards and everything so.

I always thought burn was better for Guts pokemon, since Guts cancels out the attack drop iirc? or is that outdated/wrong. Either way Protect/Facade/Brave Bird/U-turn works, hrml.

A BP Smeargle...hmm, I like the sound of that. What are some good choices for stat moves? Swords Dance, at least. Also Smeargle can Sketch off of a teammate in a double battle, right? I've never trained one before...

if you're staying in for more than three turns, you're doing something terribly wrong. either your enemy is horribly vulnerable to normal/flying, in which case you you probably already won, or you need to gtfo. under three turns, toxic deals less damage.

Well, I mostly can't believe anybody didn't mention this before, but if you put a Life Orb on your Magic Guard Clefable it gets the boost with no drawback :\

if you're staying in for more than three turns, you're doing something terribly wrong. either your enemy is horribly vulnerable to normal/flying, in which case you you probably already won, or you need to gtfo. under three turns, toxic deals less damage.

Ah I see; okay thanks~

Well, I mostly can't believe anybody didn't mention this before, but if you put a Life Orb on your Magic Guard Clefable it gets the boost with no drawback :\

Yeah but my Clef isn't an attacker; she's a wall and needs those Lefties.

clefable has reliable recovery from softboiled/moonlight, so it doesn't really need the lefties so much. and STAB double-edge is ridiculously powerful for no drawback.

porygon-z shouldn't even bother with anything that doesn't cover rock, steel, or ghost, because tri attack is BP 160 against BP between 160 and 190 and a wasted moveslot. usualy this means HP ground or fhighting with dark pulse, but HP water is viable if strapped for moveslots.

Back
Top Bottom