• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS I'm not sure if I'd actually ever use this.

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
Umm, yeah. Just thought I'd try for a random Fighting mono for some reason. I don't have much of a life.

62.png
W/ something N: Adamant Ability: Water Absorb
Ice Punch
Waterfall
Substitute
Focus Punch

Sub Punches, also does some random Waterfalling and Ice Punching. Would be EV trained in Attack and HP.

214.png
W/ Flame Orb N: Adamant Ability: Guts
Megahorn
Reversal
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

A mixed fighter, he uses Reversal when the Flame Orb has mostly reduced his HP along with the attacks from others. Would be EV trained in Attack and Speed.

237.png
W/ Muscle Band N: Adamant Ability: Technician
Mach Punch
Rapid Spin
Triple Kick
Feint

Feint for protect stallers, other than that my best attempt at a Mach Punch Hitmontop. Would be EV trained in Attack and HP.

286.png
W/ Toxic Orb N: Adamant Ability: Poison Heal
Mach Punch
Spore
Seed Bomb
Stone Edge

Yeah. A Breloom with Spore. Pretty basic. Would be EV trained in Attack and Speed

454.png
W/Expert Belt N: Adamant(this is a fighting team. didn't you expect to see it a lot?) Ability: Dry Skin
Brick Break
Poison Jab
X-scissor
Thunderpunch

I like Toxicroak...? Expert Belt to power up some of his other moves, I guess. I could try to fit Rain Dance in there somewhere to help his Dry Skin.
Would be EV trained in Attack and Speed

475.png
W/ something N: Adamant Ability: Steadfast
Leaf Blade
Fire Punch
Psycho Cut
Night Slash

He's really a mixed fighter, with something for just about anything. Psycho Cut for STAB. Would be EV trained in Attack and Speed.

Yesh, this is probably very bad, but I kinda threw it together, so.

Last edited:
never mind that on off them, close combat does more damage than SE elemental punch, calcs:

+1 252/adamant gallade close combat on 252/6 impish skarmory: 63.77% to 75.45%.
+1 252/adamant gallade close combat on 252/252 impish skarmory: 53.29% to 63.17%

+1 252/adamant gallade thunderpunch on 252/6 impish skarmory: 53.29% to 62.87%
+1 252/adamant gallade thunderpunch on 252/252 impish skarmory: 44.31% to 52.69%

+0 252/adamant gallade close combat on 252/6 impish skarmory: 42.51% to 50.30%
+0 252/adamant gallade close combat on 252/252 impish skarmory: 35.33% to 42.22%

+0 252/adamant gallade thunderpunch on 252/6 impish skarmory: 35.93% to 42.51%.
+0 252/adamant gallade thunderpunch on 252/252 impish skarmory: 30.54% to 35.93%

+1 is with choice band. didn't bother with life orb; it won't help much. faster roost kills of thunderpunchers, slower roosters shrug off close combat, and choiced draws in grounds and ghosts. (fire punch and heatran says hi.)

lack of the band means skarmory can just alternate between roost and drill peck, or drill peck after a few close combats.

...Heracross is frail enough that any successful attack can take it down in, like, one hit, completely derailing your strategy. Especially after a burn. On another note, I'd actually like to see how I'd do against this team.

...Heracross is frail enough that any successful attack can take it down in, like, one hit, completely derailing your strategy. Especially after a burn. On another note, I'd actually like to see how I'd do against this team.

I disagree - Heracross' base defenses are 80/75/95 which, while not great, is actually pretty decent, although the problem is that the strategy would require Heracross to have enough HP left to survive burn but not too much that Reversal doesn't have a low power. Not only is this unlikely to happen but it also means that Heracross is going to get KO'd the very next turn. Add to this the fact that the opponent can just switch to a ghost to dodge Reversal, and that many Pokemon use priority moves nowadays which also destroys the strategy.

A Penny for my thoughts. (and a dollar for my insides)

Heracross: I would replace Aerial Ace with Endure, and give it a Salac berry.
Breloom: Replace Stone Edge with Substitute, Mach Punch with Focus Punch, And Seed Bomb with Charm. Give it a Toxic Orb, Ability Poison Heal.(note: kudos to my MurrMurr, who told me (at school) about this moveset)(also, the picture in this article pretty much desribes the role of Breloom.)
Gallade: I have a gallade with Psycho Cut, X-Scissor, Stone Edge and Leaf Blade. Flaw: no way to combat steel types. Yours is better, but I would replace Night Slash with stone edge, for flying types. And give Gallade an Expert Belt.
Try switching the roles of your Poliwrath and your Breloom.
Otherwise, your team is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom