• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: HARDCORE

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan
Inspired by a random Seviper drawing and two hardcore Pokemon cards, I now have a sprite comic of a Pokemon exploration team that seems to be getting off the ground. Some of you may remember me from when I made PMD: Luster last year, but I had screwed up the plot and characters so bad that I ran out of good ideas and I had to discontinue it. So now I'm glad to be making another sprite comic about mystery dungeon. :D

Welcome to PMD: HARDCORE, a story about a whimsical human-turned-Seviper and a pacifist Scyther by the name of Skyler. Their first experience is an unnatural situation to most, but just a standard ritual to Skyler's family. Want to know more? Read on!

Note: The amount of spoilers for PMD2 in this comic is minimized, but it may reveal the presence of a few different locations and most likely nothing more.

Issues
1 - The Painful Truth
2 - The Obvious Truth
3 - Grumpy Old Bugs
4 - Stupid Old Bugs
5 - Forget It
6 - Chapter of Explanation
7 - Decisions
8 - Arrival
9 - Aibohportsualc
10 - The People Here are Psychic
11 - No Confirmation Code?
12 - Introduction
13 - Ghost of a Teacher
14 - Anything Goes...
15 - Painful Nostalgia?
16 - Psychic, but Amnesiacs
17 - Zombies are Here to Help
18 - Slow Memory
19 - Banks
20 - General [Restaurant] Discussion
21 - Sleepover!
22 - Locusts, Perhaps?
23 - Same Size, At Least
24 - Earthy Colors
25 - Repetition
26 - Who Hid the Syringe
27 - Boot's for Lunch
28 - Dreams for Dinner
29 - Darkness for Dessert
30 - Three's a Crowd
31 - References
32 - Don't Make It Too Simple
33 - Chilly Conversation
34 - First Impressions

(The name was inspired at summer camp.)
-Fortree inside buildings ripped by Badassbill.
-Inside of Guild Tunnel ripped by Ryo.

Last edited:
Glad you think so. ^^

Also, issue 10 is up now. I think my goal will be to get this comic farther than Luster, AKA 53 issues. (Luster only had 52.)

It almost seems like a viable storyline, and for that, I commend you. It even has the whole Nintendo attempt-at-humor-nobody-actually-finds-funny thing, such as the line about the guildmaster being lazy.. Though if you weren't going for that I swear I never said it.

After the long break of using a laptop, I posted four more issues today. Be sure to read them if you haven't already. :)

Also, my mother plans to get rid of the computer I currently use for making this comic, although I can transfer the files to my laptop and use the image editor on my laptop instead. It might take a bit of adjusting, but I'll probably be updating more often after that since my laptop is way faster than the other computer.

Yep. Just put issue 20 up. School's going on right now, but fortunately I don't have a lot of homework yet so I'll be able to update this frequently.

Nice comic! Though I have to say you should involve your words in more with the pictures, because I don't even look at them, and that just wastes time.

Feeling the need to make up at least a little bit for my procrastination, I put up two new issues today, as I haven't added any for... two or three days.

And brandman, I'm guessing you mean make the characters' quotes illustrate the pictures more? I think I can do that a bit without making it sound cheesy.

Yeah, I am, but the laptop on which I make them broke down and needs to be repaired. I just sent it in to get fixed and got it back. It worked for a day and then broke down again, so now I need to get it fixed again. :/

Long story short, my laptop doesn't like HARDCORE very much.

Sorry for the wait, everyone! My laptop seems to be behaving all right for the moment, and so I made another issue of HARDCORE. I'll definitely make more, unless my laptop breaks down again and I have to get it wiped ... but I might eventually find a solution to that.

Back
Top Bottom