• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia II - ALIEN WIN

Adriane

Super Moderator
Pronoun
she
Pokémafia II - ALIEN WIN

[Status: The game is over. Butterfree wins.]

Getting thread started so it exists, currently in the midst of devising PMs for everyone. Expect your PM momentarily.

There are nineteen (19) of you, in case you can't scroll up for some reason.

EDIT: Okay everyone should have their PMs now. If you didn't get a PM for some reason, yell at me. But you should have it. Seriously. I expect night actions by 20:00 GMT-5 tomorrow (8 PM Eastern US Time). If you fail to get your night action in by then, you simply don't get one and play civilian for the day.

Vixie's GMing FAQ (aka basic rules/guidelines)

Disclaimer: This FAQ will be updated as players ask me questions about how the game works or how I GM. It does NOT mean any of the roles mentioned exist in this game. If you have a question to ask me, go ahead an' PM it to me.
  • Out of thread discussion is not permitted.
  • I respond to night actions involving an inquiry immediately.
  • 2+ heals on the same person in one night is a death, always.
  • Aliens will be signaled if they are active.
  • Terrorist will appear innocent to inspectors and when lynched.
  • If you fail to report a night action three times, you will commit suicide due to inactivity.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémafia II - Night 0

As expected each and every day...

The sun rose over Mafialand Celadon City.

Everything is peachy keen, so it seems. Trainers bustling in and out of the Pokémon Center; early shoppers rushing to catch mid-week sales at the department store; young ruffians skipping school to play in the Game Corner and conduct Pokémon skirmishes in the nearby underground path.

And then she saw it.

The little girl who could always be found playing tag with her best friend Koffing shrieked with such intensity, the entire city was alerted to rush to the incident. The water in the fountain, her favourite hang-out spot, dyed red; a lifeless figure lie limp on its peak. Officer Jenny quickly burst onto the scene and identified the corpse as Espeon, whose entire body was smattered with deep, grisly slash marks.

"Who is responsible for this heinous crime!?" she hollers, but the entire city remains silent, completely mortified by what had just happened in their peaceful town. Growing impatient, she declares: "I better know by tonight! Justice will be delivered!" and storms off to conduct her own investigation.

SUMMARY:

Espeon is now dead. He was not mafia.
You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch, or until a majority vote is reached.
It is now day 1.

Discuss!

Re: Pokémafia II - Day 1

the death of espeon is kind of nonindicative, no? seeing as it is one of the better players in this game, but not high enough on the list to be guaranteed a heal.

implies possibly someone who knows this, though.

Yeah, I don't think we really know anything. :/ Unless we have inspectors/doctors/etc. with information who'd want to reveal it.

Well, I wouldn't say it's nonindicative, really. It tells us that either the mafia is experienced enough to know who's likely to get healed and not attack them, or was very new and had no idea who to target, doing so at random. Both seem equally likely to me.

alright, who would know this?

sreservoir, Espeon, Walker, NWT, Verne, ultraviolet, Butterfree, Alraune I am sure know this, and I'd bet {large amount} that plenty others do, too.

yeah, that's unindicative.

we can get a cop and some docs and do That Boring Strategy?

Apologies for being dense, but are the people you mentioned those who play mafia on IRC, or what?

the death of espeon is kind of nonindicative, no? seeing as it is one of the better players in this game, but not high enough on the list to be guaranteed a heal.

I agree; perhaps the mafia were trying to pick off someone who wasn't too good a player to start? but it's equally likely that they weren't sure who to start with, too.

I'm confused, though sreservoir - you mention me above for having been in #mafia, but I've never played mafia on IRC, and I'm not in your log, so um? o.o

I came up with people I thought I remembered, so I must have remembered wrong. the logparse should be correct, though.

I don't know about any of you, but I'm voting we abstain.

I, too, vote that we abstain until we know a little more.

I don't really have anything to add that people haven't already said, so i suppose i vote abstain too.

This is where I'm feeling a bit left out, considering the #mafia channellers pretty much had this pinned right off the bat and there's been not much to say. :c But aye, with nothing doing for today, my probably-worthless bandwagon hop is a-go.

Abstain

Back
Top Bottom