• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TF2 Mafia Match [Day 3]

Aethelstan

Murderer of Words
All is quiet in the Gravel Pit. The day before everyone had arrived safely, some with luggage, some with beach chairs, and some smuggling their weapons in. After a welcome party, and a few hours of trying to hold down the Pyro (he was insistent on spy checking everybody), everyone settled down for their first night's rest.

But unbeknown to the Red Team members, there were a select few who weren't going to sleep anytime soon. No, they had other things in mind, much more sinister things.

Roles have been sent in, first night will last 48 hours (or until all night actions are in), all following nights will be 28 hours. Only night communication allowed has been indicated in PM's sent out. If you have not been confirmed to communicate at night, DO NOT discuss the game at night (or outside of this thread period). All night actions are to be PM'd to me. Any questions should be posted in the sign-up thread to avoid cluttering up the game thread. Final votes should be put in BOLD so they can be counted.

EDIT: The night will end approximately 2 hours later than originally anticipated. Schedule interference prevents me from being on the internet (school n' stuff). So a little extra time to get in night actions.

Last edited:
Re: TF2 Mafia Match [Night 1]

Everyone rises as the sun can be seen over the horizon. Everyone groggily greets one another, and they prepare for a wonderful freeze-dried breakfast when suddenly...

"YEEEAAAAAARRRRGH!!!"

The scream pierces into everyone ears. As everyone runs to the source, it quickly becomes apparent what's wrong. One Flora and Ashes was lying on the ground, the body horribly mangled. There were bullet holes scattered across the torso and a shovel imprint in the face.

"Dead." someone said, stating what was obvious to everyone else.

...Unfortunately, it didn't end there. A few hours later, the Teamies were going to bury Flora's corpse someone's foot nudged against a black, sooty figure. As they all looked down, the charred remains of moon-panther were in a similar state as Flora's, only with less bullets and more burning.

It had clearly been a long night. Now it was time for an even longer day.

Flora and Ashes was found dead. Was RED.

moon-panther was found dead. Was RED.

Day will last for 48 hours, or until a firm conclusion has been reached.

Re: TF2 Mafia Match [Day 1]

Okay, so killing roles are Blu Soldier, Blu Demoman, Red Pyro, and Red Engineer. Obviously one of them was Blu Soldier. Pyro was most likely the other killer, seeing as Demoman and Engineer probably wouldn't want to waste their sticky bomb/sentry.

...first day's the worst; no info T_T. Anybody else have any thoughts?

Pretty sure it was Blu Soldier and Red Pyro, because the bullet wounds were the Soldier's and the burn marks have to have been the Pyro's.

No info here either.

Okay, so Blu Soldier and Red Pyro. Got that down.

Unfortunately, no info either. First days suck. =/

Pretty sure it was Blu Soldier and Red Pyro, because the bullet wounds were the Soldier's and the burn marks have to have been the Pyro's.

Didn't realize that. Well if the killings give us clues then that'll make things a lot easier ^^

Isn't the first day of mafia the best? Either you post, and everyone hyper-analyzes what you've said and you end up getting lynched because you don't like grammar or capitalization, or you don't post and you're automatically suspect.

Which is basically a longer version of saying, does anyone have anything useful to contribute?

I hate first days. They are always the worst. So a Pyro and the Soldier are loose? Joyness.

SCENARIO EINS: We abstain, and allow 1/2 free kills
SCENARIO ZWEI: We randlynch, and allow 2/3 free kills.
SCENARIO DREI: We randlycnh and nail a Mafia. Happiness.

Also, you said you would state roles when someone died. like ((Red's Medic yadayadayada)))

SCENARIO EINS: We abstain, and allow 1/2 free kills
SCENARIO ZWEI: We randlynch, and allow 2/3 free kills.
SCENARIO DREI: We randlycnh and nail a Mafia. Happiness.

1/2 = 1 or 2 right?

Also, I think we should probably abstain. There's way too many power roles to risk it.

Formally nominate Abstain.

Last edited:

But wait, isn't it a rule to lynch the first person to suggest abstaining?

/sarcasm. Honestly, I have no idea who we should lynch. Frankly, though, there looks to be enough Blues that we should, especially with our Pyro jumping the gun and burninating on the first night. Since we know there were no Blue deaths, that leaves us with a 5/14 chance of getting a Blue, 3-5/14 chance of getting a Scout (which is sort of a wash, because they do nothing), 1-3/14 chance of getting a Sniper/Medic (who are actually actively useful), 1/14 of getting Pyro (who is a bloody loose cannon, and also a bit of a wash), and 0-2/14 chance of getting a Heavy or Engineer (who are good at saving themselves/one other once, and that's it).

So, assuming we are okay with a Pyro death, that leaves a 6/14 chance of lynching right. Even if we don't, 5/14 is good enough odds for me. I know it's cliche, but I'm going to nominate Barubu, as bandwagon-abstaining is not a good way to begin. However, I'm willing to change my vote if you can defend yourself/come up with a better target.

[EDIT] Okay, that was ninja'd horribly, but my point still stands. We should lynch!

But wait, isn't it a rule to lynch the first person to suggest abstaining?

xD I thought you were serious there for a moment.

I think that if you're going to nominate Barubu, we should wait to hear his defense first. We don't want to accidentally kill Sniper or something.

Abstaining because bandwagons are fun and the first day isn't.

Unless, of course, someone says something incriminating. *cue spooky music*

Well this day can't end well so Abstaining for now. All who want to bring up suspicion on someone say so soon. But all in favor of randylynch randomizer go! *little ball with werefish5 comes out*. Do what you want with that.

Back
Top Bottom