• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mental Institution Mafia

Captain Sea Turtle

oooh, better hope they're not uneven in there...
Pronoun
he
All is not well at the Home.
---------------------------
All right, here are the room assignments:

Room 1:
Blazie
Skylark
Kammington
Brock
blazheirio889
Worst Username Ever

Room 2:
Nemec
demonickittens
ole_schooler
Blaziking
Superbird

Room 3:
dragonair
[O]
werefish5
sresevoir
RespectTheBlade

Role PMs will be out shortly. You have 48 hours to PM me with night actions, or room changes.

Last edited:
So sorry for lateness, had to rush off to a school thingamajig. Thingamajigs: They might cause cancer. Anyway...
----------------------
Day approaches as the many weary and unstable patients of the Home turn to the dusty old TV screens in their various rooms. The Acting Head Dr. Ryan N. Nolsar flickers in and out of view as he projects the hopeful news:

No one died last night.

Oh, snap.

Here are the rooms everybody is in:

Room 1:
Blazie
Skylark
Kammington
Worst Username Ever
dragonair

Room 2:
Nemec
demonickittens
ole_schooler
Blaziking
sreservoir
RespectTheBlade

Room 3:
[O]
werefish5
Brock
Superbird
blazheirio889

You have 24 hours to discuss, or until a majority is reached.

Oh hey no one killed.

I can't recall if there are medics(probably) or an alien(doubtful) ubt that would be good/bad respectively.

Or Myabe no one sent in a kill action.

argh... first day awkwardness.

Well, we either have a really good medic, or a really bad activated alien. I don't have any suspicions now, and I'm not going to accuse anyone unless more info comes in.

Code:
     1 Room 1:
     2 Blazie
     3 Skylark
     4 Kammington
     5 Worst Username Ever
     6 +dragonair (from 3)
     8 Room 2:
     9 Nemec
    10 demonickittens
    11 ole_schooler
    12 Blaziking
    13 +sreservoir (from 3)
    14 +RespectTheBlade
    16 Room 3:
    17 [O]
    18 werefish5
    19 +Brock (from 1)
    20 +Superbird (from 2)
    21 +blazheirio889 (from 1)

Code:
     1 dragonair     3 to 1
     2 sreservoir    3 to 2
     3 Brock         1 to 3
     4 Superbird     2 to 3
     5 blazheirio889 1 to 3

(I'll contribute... in a bit.)

Last edited:
Well, at least if we have an alien the mafia will probably know who it is. Or maybe bipolar man decided to start by killing, which means he might be able to go after the alien in a few nights. Or bipolar man could have healed the person, which could be likely because if they were in the same room he's have a 1/4 or 1/5 chance of saving them as opposed to a 1/15 chance if there were no rooms.

I don't think we have any other healers, but the victim might have been train'd (by the boy with the toy train) so they would have left the room before the mafia could kill them.

OHWAIT there's tarot lady, but if it worked then in two nights we'll have an extra death. =/

If we can figure out what night actions occurred, we can narrow down who used them based on who moved and who didn't. (People who moved DEFINITELY did not use a night action. However, people who stayed might have done so just for the heck of it and not have done anything at all.)

BRAINWAVE maybe the mafia head didn't kill...so he wouldn't look suspicious for staying still! Tell me if this is at all a good theory.

EDIT: I just remembered; we also have a mystery role, so let's keep that in mind too. Also, res, that chart thing is extremely handy. Thanks. =)

Well, at least if we have an alien the mafia will probably know who it is. Or maybe bipolar man decided to start by killing, which means he might be able to go after the alien in a few nights. Or bipolar man could have healed the person, which could be likely because if they were in the same room he's have a 1/4 or 1/5 chance of saving them as opposed to a 1/15 chance if there were no rooms.

but a very good chance of being in a different room.

I don't think we have any other healers, but the victim might have been train'd (by the boy with the toy train) so they would have left the room before the mafia could kill them.

this seems vaguely plausible, but we have no idea due to the sheer number of movers.

OHWAIT there's tarot lady, but if it worked then in two nights we'll have an extra death. =/

healers aren't actually made for blocking mafia kills. they're for preventing the mafia from killing who they want to kill. which makes the tarot lady kind of useless, really. but we'll see.

If we can figure out what night actions occurred, we can narrow down who used them based on who moved and who didn't. (People who moved DEFINITELY did not use a night action. However, people who stayed might have done so just for the heck of it and not have done anything at all.)

that's kind of in the signup thread, no?

BRAINWAVE maybe the mafia head didn't kill...so he wouldn't look suspicious for staying still! Tell me if this is at all a good theory.

this is actually a decent idea. I keep asking GMs if I can do that when I play mafia, actually.

Posting because it was asked of me, to inform you that you are allowed to out-of-room converse with people in your room during the day. Just a heads-up, for whatever its worth. Also, Brock, there are both healers and an alien.

*pulls up list of roles*

Well, we could have Tarot Lady, Train Boy, Alien, or Bipolar Man. Wow, this rooms thing is really confusing me, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Bipolar Man nks/heals:
1. Gun Man kills / Alien activated
2. Gun Man kills / Tarot Lady protects
3. Gun Man kills / Bipolar Man heals
4. Gun Man kills / Train Boy trains

Gun Man nks:
5. Bipolar Man kills / Alien activated
6. Bipolar Man kills / Tarot Lady protects
7. Bipolar Man kills / Train Man trains

Bipolar Man nks/heals, Gun Man nks:
8. Nothing happens

If options 2 or 6, we'll be able to tell day two. If options 1 or 5, Mafia will probably kill Alien tonight. If option 3, we were really lucky.

Personally, I think that Bipolar Man would have healed tonight because of the lack of information. I'm not sure about Tarot Lady because her role seems like a mixed bag. Train Boy probably just trained a random person, although the chances that he got lucky are quite slim.

We can't really make any judgments day one because of the whole nobody dying thing.... and nobody seems suspicious yet.

In which case the train person would have to be either Brock or Blaziheirio, correct? Personally, I think the Alien has been activated, which...er...

I dunno, I'm new to this.

In which case the train person would have to be either Brock or Blaziheirio, correct? Personally, I think the Alien has been activated, which...er...

I dunno, I'm new to this.

Kust because I moved why do I have to have been trained?

Not trying to look suspicious but I fail to see your logic?

I'm sorry, what I meant was--if the train did happen, it would have had to be either Brock or Blazihierio who was trained; the other being the train-er. This is because they had the same movement pattern. They started in the same room and moved to the same room--my conclusion is: IF one of them avoided death by train (unlikely but still one of the aforementioned possibilities), one of them would have to be the boy with a toy train. Just a possibility. Like I said, I'm leaning toward the activated alien possibility slightly, although I'm starting to think that the Mafia didn't kill someone this time. Unless I misunderstand the train thing. He can take himself and one person to another room before all other night actions, correct?

Last edited:
It could always be possible that the mafia head was a derp and targeted someone that was not in their room, but the chances of that are probably even slimmer than the other possibilities.

Also, if I'm reading this right, a person can only move or perform their night action, which might be a shaky indicator of roles - that is, anyone who moved rooms probably doesn't have a very important role or roles with limited usage. For example, the teenager with the pet dinosaur, or the alien. Of course, that's, as I said, very shaky, so :B

well, if we wait a day, the alien will die barring heal or train, because the mafia doesn't really want aliens alive either.

It could always be possible that the mafia head was a derp and targeted someone that was not in their room, but the chances of that are probably even slimmer than the other possibilities.

Also, if I'm reading this right, a person can only move or perform their night action, which might be a shaky indicator of roles - that is, anyone who moved rooms probably doesn't have a very important role or roles with limited usage. For example, the teenager with the pet dinosaur, or the alien. Of course, that's, as I said, very shaky, so :B

really, probably just roles with limited/no night action.

Um...guys, you have like, 25 mins to vote. I'm willing to extend if people need it, but c'mon guys, is my game really that special? Should I flatter myself?

Back
Top Bottom