• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Followers Victory] Majora's Mask Mafia

Re: Majora's Mask Mafia

The sun is slowly rising.

Discovered in the middle of the town is the smoldering, trampled remains of [O].

[O] was a resident. You have 24 hours for discussion.

Re: Majora's Mask Mafia [Day 1]

Well, from what I've heard of other Mafia players, the first day is the hardest, so maybe just

Abstain

Unless anyone can come up with a good reason to lynch someoone on day 1, of course.

Re: Majora's Mask Mafia

Alright, very little information here, but I have a hasty assumption. As frequently as people neglect their night actions (Dragonair you had better be on the ball this time!), it seems relatively unlikely that both the Fierce Deity and the Mystery Mask would have either forgotten or elected not to use their action.

I suppose it's plausible that the Mystery Mask decided to be a good guy and so they both decided to save their night actions, or that the Mystery Mask has forgone his kill to confuse the Residents, but I think it's at least a distinct possibility that he has chosen something other than the bow.

Something else to think about: if anyone tried to heal [O], keep in mind that your role may have been blocked by the Mystery Mask. You don't have to reveal that information now if it exists, just think about it while we're discussing things.

Cheatmaster said:

That's a bit preemptive, isn't it? It's true that the first day is always the hardest, but that doesn't mean we can't try our best to seek out information.

This game isn't as worrying as some others with the distinct lack of kill roles (one bad one, one good one, one that probably isn't a kill role and could still be on our side), so I'm not especially concerned with abstaining, but I really think we ought to let the discussion play out a bit before making a decision.

Plus, abstaining without doing anything else is boring. Live a little, guys!

Hmmmm....smoldering and trampled...that doesn't seem like a mafia kill, but...ouch. There are 4-5 mafia, including the Blast Mask and ???, correct? Worst case, [O] was either a healer or the Mask of Truth. We know he isn't a lover or Captain's Hat (I keep switching between regular mafia terms and these). We actually have a 1/3 or a bit larger chance of hitting mafia with randlynch. Of course, [O] could have been the Blast Mask, which would be good, or the Fierce Deity Mask could've activated the Keaton...
And at Cheatmaster, while it isn't too suspicious to abstain on the first day, abstaining on the first post, before anything is said, is suspicioius. Of course, you could be an alien, trying to set us up to lynch you, but...I'm thinking this out too much now aren't I

Hmmmm....smoldering and trampled...that doesn't seem like a mafia kill, but...ouch. There are 4-5 mafia, including the Blast Mask and ???, correct? Worst case, [O] was either a healer or the Mask of Truth. We know he isn't a lover or Captain's Hat (I keep switching between regular mafia terms and these). We actually have a 1/3 or a bit larger chance of hitting mafia with randlynch. Of course, [O] could have been the Blast Mask, which would be good, or the Fierce Deity Mask could've activated the Keaton...

It doesn't sound like Vigilante (Fierce Deity) or Mystery Mask either, unless I'm missing something from a lack of familiarity with the game. Definitely not the latter though just by descriptions - Mystery Mask's kills use a bow. If the descriptions are actually indicative of anything, then I think mafia would be most likely because Majora's Mask could send out the two Garos to trample him. Er, if they're not just floating masks. Are they? Plus burnt and trampled doesn't sound like the Vigilante at all, since he's a good guy.

Based on that description (again, if it means anything), I'd imagine it would be safe to rule out an alien.

1/3 is pretty good for a just-mafia chance - plus we might hit an inactive Keaton, or the Couple's Mask, or a couple of other roles that we don't necessarily need.

Can vigilantes activate aliens? I thought only mafia kills could do that.

I'm thinking this out too much now aren't I

Judging by the entirety of his post, he's new. That doesn't necessarily mean anything about his skills, but it's a factor.

Mafia don't really want to abstain, anyway. I see aliens abstain a lot, but I don't know why, because the more innocents die the more likely it is the mafia will hit them. I think active aliens in particular are more likely to be pro-lynch to get more attention.

I don't find it that odd, but if we don't have any other leads...

I'm thinking this out too much now aren't I

No way! It's funner that way, and longer posts get more people in on the discussion, which gives them means more time to slip up.

According to Butterfree in her list of mafia rules, yes, a vigilante can activate an alien. Mawile might do it a bit differently though, so we have to be careful. Now that I think about it, Couple's Mask is almost detrimental to the residents' goals: the ability is entirely useless in this game and they want to be the only two left. I suppose the more residents, the better, but...right now we have to think about what ??? chose...I imagine the hammer, but you can never be too sure.
(This is my first mafia game :P)

According to Butterfree in her list of mafia rules, yes, a vigilante can activate an alien.

For me, any way someone can be killed by activates the alien.

Hmm! That's a scary thought then. I've seen a lot of vigilantes either totally neglect their roles or decide they were too afraid of killing innocents to do anything, though.

Now that I think about it, Couple's Mask is almost detrimental to the residents' goals: the ability is entirely useless in this game and they want to be the only two left. I suppose the more residents, the better, but...right now we have to think about what ??? chose...I imagine the hammer, but you can never be too sure.
(This is my first mafia game :P)

Well, the more residents we lose, the closer the mafia gets to winning, but yeah, other than that lovers are no good.

If I were the Mystery Mask, I wouldn't have taken the hammer because it seems like it would be too difficult to use effectively, but maybe a different player could figure out how to use it. The other three are all pretty good though. I might also rule out Pegasus boots due to the chance factor, and it's sort of unlikely that he has a bow since we have two kills missing, but that could be due to any number of other things.

Oh yeah, and I completely forgot that we're allowed to talk outside of the thread. I wonder how many plots are going on right under our noses...

Hey Mawile, as long as you're here, can people talk privately during the night, too?

(Nice! My first game ended yesterday. Congratulations on being integrated into the mafia. =P )

Judging by the entirety of his post, he's new. That doesn't necessarily mean anything about his skills, but it's a factor.

That assumption is true, this is my second game of Mafia, and the other I died on day 2 so I'm pretty much Mafia No0b

As far as I can see, we don't seem to have any real leads at the moment, so for the time being I'll abstain.

As frequently as people neglect their night actions (Dragonair you had better be on the ball this time!), it seems relatively unlikely that both the Fierce Deity and the Mystery Mask would have either forgotten or elected not to use their action.

Hey! But no no don't abstain. I don't know what to do either, but don't abstain yet.

On the mystery mask thing, I would choose Pegasus boots since it doesn't clash if I could use it every night. So I don't really think that it's that surprising there's not that many kills.

Also, uh, Cheatmaster, it's kind of suspicious to abstain off the bat. Not a good idea.

[O] just keeps dying first night!

As Leafstorm pointed out, we have a pretty decent chance with randomlynch. Nothing particularly strikes me as odd here; we've got a bunch of bandwagon abstains, but everyone is doing it, so....

Well, saying something like "Poor [O]" could be a sarcastic mafia member laughing behind our backs, but, eh.

Random.org chooses 3, or Zora of Termina, who hasn't participated yet. Any objections?

On the mystery mask thing, I would choose Pegasus boots since it doesn't clash if I could use it every night. So I don't really think that it's that surprising there's not that many kills.

That was kind of my point there; the Mystery Mask has some other tempting options other than the bow, plus there's only one kill, so he probably chose one of the other three.

HEY
Just because I've only now had a chance to actually post... *hiss*

Anyway, I've got a damn good reason to nominate you, Hiikaru. Since you seem so eager to lynch. But I'm going to abstain for now, just because there is no reason to lynch anyone yet.

Well, I really don't have much to contribute that hasn't already been said....

I believe I'll Abstain.

Back
Top Bottom