• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sticky notes are actually quite inconvinient...

Bluberry Bat

Mostly Ghostly
Yeah.. /Finally/ going to make a thread on this, it's starting to irk me a lot. :c

Here's the deal, for about.. heck, half a year now, I've had this odd bug where my overhead CP lists me as having one Notification, of the Visitor Message sort. It happened back when the database was still VERY unstable, and at one point while trying to access a note I had gotten, the server crashed on me for an extended period of time. When I came back, however.. that note was stuck. It's been that way ever since.

It doesn't actually /interfere/ with anything, though. Whenever I have no notes, it's listed as one, but if I receive a new one, it will go up to two. The same goes with PMs, and so on. I've sort of just left it be because of that, but it still really bothers me.

The user CP notifications list says I have no new notes, logging out and back in does not fix it, nor does logging on on a different computer or clearing cookies, so I'm stumped as to what's jammed here..

this happened to me once. but what I did was to delete the note that the forum registered as unseen. it's probably been too long for you to know which note that is, though.

Yeah, this was a vBulletin bug that was fixed several versions ago, so it shouldn't happen again. If you still have a notification that won't go away, I think the solution, as Leafpool said, was to delete the message in question.

...Wow, shows me to hide in the shadows when I have a problem for 8 months. ; ; Deleted 100-or-so ye olde messages at somewhat random and it seems to have been fixed, so I suppose I got which ever was stuck. But anyway, thank you~ Refreshing to have a clear CP.

Back
Top Bottom