• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Glee Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
First-time Mafia host, so bear with me.
If anyone's curious, this takes place in some weird undefined portion of the spring (second) half of the first season, with the occasional odd character trait from earlier or later than should be present.

---

It’s Glee Mafia! Coach Sylvester wants to sabotage New Directions before they can make it to Regionals, so she has sent her Cheerios to infiltrate the club and entice its members to her office, where she has falsified paperwork allowing her to immediately have them expelled. The glee club has gotten a tip-off from school journalist Jacob that Coach Sylvester is out to get them, but they don’t know how she’s going to do it, so between classes they will vote to send one of their own to go to Coach Sylvester’s office to investigate, unaware that Coach Sylvester will immediately expel that person (even if it’s a Cheerio - since she’ll insist that they have failed her). And that's what you missed on Glee!

Quick glossary for the uninitiated:
- “sent to Coach Sylvester’s office” or “expelled” = killed
- “between classes” = day phase
- “in class” = night phase

The Conspirators

Quinn Fabray, the equivalent of the Mafia don, is in charge of the Cheerios. She and the other Cheerios will decide who to trick or entice into straying toward Coach Sylvester’s office instead of going to class, but Quinn ultimately gets the final say.

Santana Lopez, the equivalent of the Mafia goon, is the second-in-command of the Cheerios, and if Quinn gets expelled, Santana will get to choose who to take to Coach Sylvester’s office.

Brittany S. Pierce doesn’t know how to count. She finds being a Mafia goon... confusing. If her cat isn’t reading her diary, that ballad in her locker is probably the one doing it. If Quinn and Santana are both expelled (or maybe just lost in the sewers), Brittany will take over, since she hates everyone in this club (or at least, she used to). She says Coach Sylvester didn’t tell her to do this, but who cares? She’s more talented than all of you anyway. It’s Brittany... bitch. Next week she’s going to be performing a musical number by Ke$ha.

Jesse St. James, the equivalent of the Terrorist, is a double agent from rival team Vocal Adrenaline who wants Coach Sylvester’s plan to work, but he doesn’t know who’s working with Coach Sylvester and the Cheerios don’t know he’s on their side. At any point between classes, he may bypass Coach Sylvester and text-message Principal Figgins himself with phony evidence to expel one fellow student by posting “expel (name)”, but Figgins (bumbling as ever) will out Jesse as the one who got the person expelled, resulting in the rest of glee club kicking Jesse out, removing him from the game. Since he isn’t working directly with Coach Sylvester as the Cheerios are, he will come up as not a conspirator when inspected by Rachel.

The Innocents

Rachel Berry, the equivalent of the Inspector, will do anything to save the members of New Directions from being expelled - after all, who else is going to sway in the background while she sings? To this end, she’ll skip part of each class to break into and search one of her fellow glee clubbers’ lockers, so she can find conclusive evidence as to whether or not that person is working with Coach Sylvester.

Finn Hudson, the equivalent of the Bulletproof, is the captain of the football team. He’s a little dense, so the first time the Cheerios try to entice him to Coach Sylvester’s office instead of going to class, he won’t really understand what’s going on, and won’t go with them. This allows him to escape the threat of expulsion one time only.

Mercedes Jones and Kurt Hummel, the equivalent of the Fishing Brothers, should have a show on Bravo. They’re best friends, and if one of them is expelled, the other will become so hysterical and enraged as to trick someone else into getting themself expelled, too, before the next between-classes meeting.

Artie Abrams, the equivalent of the Role-blocker, is disabled and has to use a wheelchair to get around. He’s pretty savvy, so if he suspects someone of being part of Coach Sylvester’s conspiracy, he can play up his immobility and get a fellow glee clubber guilty enough to push him to his next class, effectively blocking their “night action”.

Noah Puckerman, the equivalent of the Lover, is willing and often able to get into any girl’s pants in the school, having the highest male score on the “Glist”. As the game starts, he will take one other player to be his girlfriend (or, perhaps, unbeknownst to him... boyfriend) and, if that player is expelled, he will sacrifice himself to Coach Sylvester’s mercy, and be expelled himself as well.

April Rhodes, the equivalent of the Reverse-lover, is an old McKinley High student who never graduated and has come back to finish up her high school diploma. She also apparently has no qualms about seducing high school students. She can make them hang on her every word, but she doesn't really care for them as much as she does for her first love, alcohol. As the game starts, she will take one player to seduce and, if she is expelled, they will sacrifice themself to Coach Sylvester's mercy, and be expelled themself as well.

Mike Chang, the equivalent of the Healer, doesn’t necessarily stand out as one of New Directions’ stars, but he’s pretty well-to-do in the football social circle. He and his football buddies tend to bully other students, and Mike can take advantage of this, pointing part of the team toward someone to prevent the Cheerios from getting to them. However, if he and Matt both try to send their part of team after the same person, the team will get a little overboard and end up scaring their target straight toward Coach Sylvester’s office and expulsion.

Matt Rutherford, the equivalent of the Healer, is another of the benchwarmers for New Directions. He and the other football players can tend to be bullies sometimes, so if he wants to protect someone from the Cheerios, he can send part of the team to bully them and keep the Cheerios away. However, if he and Mike both try to send their part of the team after the same person, the team will get a little overboard and end up scaring their target straight toward Coach Sylvester’s office and expulsion.

Jacob Ben Israel, the equivalent of a Sheep, has no night actions nor special properties.

The Outsider

Tina Cohen-Chang, the equivalent of the Alien, claims her dad is the king of the Asian vampires, the most vicious breed of vampires of all. If she ends up in danger of expulsion once, she can manage to get out of it by threatening Principal Figgins with her father’s vampiric wrath. If she gets sent to be expelled a second time, though, Figgins will have figured out by then that vampires don’t exist, and won’t fall for it.

After Tina first gets sent to be expelled, she comes back pissed off. If the glee clubbers try to send her to investigate Coach Sylvester’s office, she won’t stand for any of it, and will destroy the whole club with her vicious lady demon vampire powers. Oops. I guess she was a vampire, after all. Regardless, she comes up as not a conspirator when inspected by Rachel, whether she's pissed off or not. She can win either by destroying everybody (if she's pissed off) or with the innocents (if not pissed off).

The Narrator

Principal Figgins. On the announcements. Yup yup.

---

We need thirteen fourteen to join. If more people want to join, we can add more as sheep roles e.g. Brad the piano player, Bryan Ryan, April Rhodes, Jacob ben Israel (who was technically a member in ep. 13), Sunshine Corazon, Sam Evans, etc. No more than 16-18 players or so, and I'll cut it off as soon after 13 as I get online and see that it's filled.

Er, rules! Because I forgot these before the game started, hehe. Out-of-thread communcation is allowed. Roles will be identified upon expulsion. Lovers "die" immediately. Inspector gets only alignment, not role. Fishing Bros. kill during the same night if the other is killed at night, or during the next night if the other is killed during the day. If you don't send in your night action, it won't be randomized; it'll be just like you chose not to use it. Um, I think that's all.

Edited 10-1 at 1:44pm CST : Added April Rhodes, because after mentioning her as a possible sheep, I realized she perfectly fits a reverse-Puck role, and I couldn't resist adding her.

Edited 10-2 at 8:03pm CST : Added Jacob Ben Israel as a sheep in the last role, since we had 15 people sign up and 14 roles. Also sent out role PMs and started up the thread.

Edited: 10-4 at 8:19pm CST : Added rules, herp derp.

Good luck!

Last edited:
WHAT. WHAT. WHAT ARE YOU DOING. Where is Kurt? This game is nothing without Kurt. It might as well be - I don't know - it might as well be something not good. :[ Please, add the lady fabulous honorary girl mayor of gaytown.

Ohwait. I see him now. He's with Mercedes. :v Ayup. All good.

Mercedes and Kurt are listed together because they're BFFs and it's a waste to write the same thing twice. While I think about that, I don't know why I didn't put Matt and Mike together, since they have basically the same description too.

PS. Also, I love the Sassy Gay Friend. What. What. What are you doing.

I see him now. :D Should have ctrl+f'd.

Matt's gone now so their duo would be awkward. :[ Actually it will be awkward anyhow.

Added April Rhodes as a reverse-lover because I was thinking about her and I just couldn't resist. Now minimum is up to 14, maximum remains 18, probable optimal range remains 16-18.

And that's it! The roles will go out and the thread will open in a few minutes. By the by, does anybody know how to close down entries? Does that automatically happen as the Night 1 thread opens in the main Mafia forum?

Back
Top Bottom