• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hack Request - Alternate Avatars

Clover

neither simple, nor coherent.
Anyone remember? From the last incarnation?

I liked it! Could we get it back? :o

It was the latter; you got like six options to choose from. I dunno how hard the former would be to implement, but it sounds cool too!

Even though I wouldn't use it, I thought it was a cute feature and would love to see it return.

I remember that! It was pretty neat. iirc it got wonky if you deleted or changed the avatars with any frequency, though.

Last edited:
Sadly, the alternate avatars hack was one of my own creation, and one I hadn't actually finalized to such a degree that I'd exported it as an XML file to post on vBulletin.org, meaning... basically every trace of that thing was lost during the crash. I'd have to remake it completely from scratch. :/

You already wrote it... would it be that hard to remember?

(Sorry if this sounds dickish, I'm really bad with computers and honestly don't know.)

I would love this to come back because then it means I don't have to keep changing my avatar to reflect my current mood! :D

no but seriously I really like this feature (also secret admirers secret admirers secret admirers I loved that feature).

You already wrote it... would it be that hard to remember?

(Sorry if this sounds dickish, I'm really bad with computers and honestly don't know.)
You... don't exactly remember code you wrote a couple of years ago. The very basic gist of it, maybe, but remembering it in the sense of being able to reproduce its functionality from memory is like asking you to retype the first post you ever made here at the forums word for word from memory; it's just not going to happen, especially not when it was a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom