• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Final Fantasy mafia

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
Hell, being a game master doesn't look tremendously hard and I feel like getting into this Mafia lark. Better leap on a Mafia concept based on a video game franchise with which I am familiar before anyone else gets it :3 even though i'm a mafianoob and will destroy it

The Villains
A faction of various Final Fantasy villains hoping to achieve world domination/destruction. In order to do so, however, they will first need to destroy the Heroes of Light.

Garland: the original Final Fantasy villain and therefore the mafia don and intent on KNOCKING YOU ALL DOWN. Sends in the Villainss choice of victim during the night, and his decisions override those of the other Villains, unless of course he is lynched.

Kefka and Kuja: Garland's second-in-commands. May send in the Villains' night action if Garland is unable to (e.g. if he is absent from the forum, transformed into a Toad etc.), and one will become the new don at random if Garland is lynched.

Exdeath: though on the same side as Garland, Kefka and Kuja, Exdeath does not know who the rest of the Villains are and they do not know who he is. As such, they may not communicate during the night stage. However, his goal is still to eradicate the Heroes of Light and help the Villains achieve victory. At any time during the day stage he may pull himself and a player of his choice into the Void, removing them both from the game and thus killing them.

The Heroes of Light
The good guys, destined to defeat the villains and save the world (and probably a load of Crystals as well). Each is of a different Class, and has their own abilities. Rather counterproductively, however, Kefka's magic has rendered them incapable of recognising each other as fellow good guys, so they've resorted to Plan B: kill people randomly until the world is saved, a plot much overlooked by the modern JRPG.

Black Mage: expert in offensive magic and inflicting status effects. During the night phase he may cast Toad on any player and transform them into the spell's namesake, leaving them in no state to carry out their night action or participate in the next day's discussion.

Ninja: silent and stealthy warrior who may creep up on a player of his choice during the night and kill them.

White Mage: expert in healing magic. She may select any player during the night phase to cast Auto-Life on, removing them from the death queue if they happened to be on it.

Necromancer: spiritualist with the power to summon spirits of the dead. Once during the game he may select any deceased non-Villain player at the night stage and inherit their ability from the next night onward. If the Blue Mage or Time Mage is chosen, the Necromancer may re-use spells the original player used up, but in the case of the Blue Mage will not be allowed to re-assign an ability; they will have to use the one the original player chose.

Scholar: incredibly intelligent researcher with an all-consuming thirst for knowledge. Each night he may examine a player of his choice to reveal their alignment and ability. (This information will be revealed only to the Scholar, unless he sees fit to reveal it in the discussion.)

Time Mage: wizard with the ability to distort the very fabric of time and space. The Time Mage has two abilities at his disposal; he may either cast Warp to randomise the targets of every night action declared that night, or cast Haste to speed up time and end the night phase early, negating any action recieved after. Each of these may be used only once.

Blue Mage: the Blue Mage has a range of tricks up his sleeve, and at the beginning of the game selects a spell to utilise for the remainder of the game. The spells available are:

• Doom: select a target during the night phase which will be killed the night after.
  • Roulette: kill a random target, including the Blue Mage himself.
  • Flash: blind all players, nullifying any night actions recieved after the Blue Mage's (one use).
  • White Wind: remove all players from the death queue. Does not conflict with the White Mage or Chemist (one use).
  • Mighty Guard: negate all night actions that put any player on the death queue (one use).
Berserker: an unpredictable and uncontrollable warrior who, if targeted by the Villains, will not be killed, but will become incredibly angry. After this, if voted to be lynched he will explode into an uncontrollable rage and slaughter everyone, leaving him the only remaining player and thus the winner of the game. However if he is killed by the Villains, Ninja or Blue Mage while activated, he will die as normal.

RULES

• Villains win if all Heroes of Light are dead.
  • Heroes of Light win if all Villains are dead.
  • Berserker wins if he is lynched after being targeted by the Villains.
  • The priority of Night Phase actions is as follows: Black Mage/Blue Mage (Mighty Guard), Villains, Ninja/Blue Mage (Doom)/Blue Mage (Roulette), White Mage, Necromancer, Blue Mage (White Wind). Where several players share the same priority the actions will occur in the order the PMs are received.
  • The actions of Time Mage (Haste) and Blue Mage (Flash) will happen immediately after the last action received before them (so if Time Mage PMs to order Haste right after the Villains declare who to assassinate, every action after the assassination will be skipped).
  • Heroes of Light may not communicate during the night phase.
  • If any player fails to submit their night action it won't be activated.

So uh that's it I guess. That's... 20 players we need. I may have gone overboard on the roles so if not enough people are interested I suppose I could cut a few out. Let me know if the rules or roles or mafia:innocent ratio are stupid and bad and wrong; I'm pretty sure at least a few of the innocents are crap or horribly inbalanced.

Last edited:
Re: Final Fantasy Mafia

Question: Can the Blue Mage switch spells during the game or must he choose one and use it for the entire game?

Kratos just mentioned that Doom being a targeted kill with infinite uses (well technically 19 uses at most but shh) kind of makes Roulette obsolete and rubbish. I'm currently debating whether it would be better to delay the effects of Doom by a night or two or to get rid of Roulette altogether :/

Kratos just mentioned that Doom being a targeted kill with infinite uses (well technically 19 uses at most but shh) kind of makes Roulette obsolete and rubbish. I'm currently debating whether it would be better to delay the effects of Doom by a night or two or to get rid of Roulette altogether :/

I think delaying it by a night would work well; it might encourage Blue Mage to use Roulette due to impatience or something

...yeah, 20 roles was way too many it seems :p I'll give it a couple of days in case there do happen to be 8 more people interested and then try to cut a few out. The Mime in particular seems a bit worthless now I think of it.

Right, I've done some role-cutting. Sephiroth, the Bard, Chemist, Mime, Dragoon, and Monks have been removed, so we just have one more slot to fill up and the game can start.

Re: Final Fantasy Mafia [1 spot left open]

Fine, evidently there's nobody left on the forum that's interested in this, so I cut the Knight. Starting the game thread now.

Back
Top Bottom