• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ace Attorney Mafia [mafia victoly!]

I think polls are neat do you think polls are neat!!

• arroz con poll-o

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • a-poll-o justice

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • poll-iwrath

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • give a hoot, don't poll-ute

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Clover

neither simple, nor coherent.
HEY GUYS Merging the threads apparently killed the player list, so whoops muh bad. Here, have a link to the sign-up thread where the player list still exists. Sorry for the inconvenience! :'3

-------------------------------------------------

The lawyers were snuggled up tight in their beds while visions of winning verdicts danced in their heads...

But one mean old blond guy was still up to plot. He was plotting and plotting and plotting a lot.

(... self 'how the grinch stole christmas' and 'the night before christmas' are not the same thing.)

so uh NIGHT FELL go turn in your actions. after. I send the roles to you! that would help. sending them now.

ETA 20:16: ALL ROLES SENT you have ... until... uh 8:00p Wednesday yeah let's go with that. (note that my timezone is 7:00p eastern, 6p central, 5p mountain etc. what, you live in england? i have no idea. [shrug])

ETA AGAIN: As a reminder to all, including me, here are my personal rules!

• Two+ heals to anyone is an autokill.
  • Diego will be notified once he is activated, and will present as mafia to Gumshoe and should he die afterwards.
  • de Killer will always show up as not mafia.
  • I will always have time for a night poll: boldings in the day are not votes, but nominations.
  • I don't have any inactivity clauses or chiz like that. If you don't put in a night action, you don't put in a night action; it's not randomized.
  • No talking to other players outside the thread, unless you're mafia or lovers of course. (Note that, should the lover marry a mafia member [as she is wont to do], the lover is not allowed to converse with the rest of the mafia.)
  • On that note, no copypastes, printscreens, what have you of official private correspondence between yourself and the Game Master. (that's me.) Let's just have a nice, clean, friendly game of everyone trying to kill each other. :D (You can certainly declare/falsify your role, that's fine.)
  • Keep in mind that flavortext of deaths is not generally indicative of the method of murder.
  • dude this is going to be the /slowest game ever/. Like seriously, I'm gonna be like, "okay, you have forty-eight hours for discussion... at least... and I'll be back by... uh... friday at the latest? :Db" I just don't have access to a computer more than that in my current situation. That doesn't mean, though, that I don't have access to the internet: I can check the game's progress nearly every day, and if some emergency comes up in-game while I can't get to a computer, or if I can't post for... we'll say twice the allotted time it should take, I might see if I can't get an unbiased third party from #tcod (that I can also access) to copypaste my post for me. Just a heads-up, just-in-case.
  • bullet points yeaaaaah

Also I decided that mafia-aligned variables will present as mafia. I decided that before setting up this thread and shuffling roles but... forgot to mention it. I think there was something else...... eh, I'll remember it later. maybe.

Last edited:
Re: Ace Attorney Mafia - Night One

The citizens of the city awoke with a terrible sense of dread. From Hazakura to People Park, people had congregated in fear after hearing that a band of unstoppable killers were on the loose and could not be found. Hundreds of people fled, but a small handful believed they had what it took to stop the villains.

It was suggested that everyone simply visit the courtroom and undergo public cross-examinations, but who would be trusted as the arbiter of justice? (His Honor himself quickly fled back to Vancouver with his brother.) With no other options, they realized the only way to be certain of the murderers' defeats was to beat them at their own game, and kill them first.

But that doesn't mean they have to be /savages/ about it, so they'll still have a cross-examination type thing, and vote and everything. Just at the end, they'll kill someone. It is a vicious bureaucracy.

Anyway. The citizens arrive at the scene after a dreadfully loud, high-pitched scream is heard from in front of the city's finest Ivy University. Inside the gates, dragonair is found below a severed high-tension wire, still active. One brave citizen runs to turn it off; after it's safe, another turns her over on her back, but it's far too late. After a few solemn words, and moving the body out of sight into the local biology lab freezer, the remaining people realize what they must do: find the killers.

dragonair is dead. She was not mafia.

Forty-eight...ish... hours for discussion.

oh my god first post kill me

Um. I hate day one. And so does everyone. Except mafia, who laugh at it.

Bleh. My first Mafia game finally starts and there's nothing interesting to say. First day, nothing to go on and all that :l

I think I'll be the first to abstain. There's no evidence to go on anyway, so let's hurry up with this.

Nothing really to talk about as far as I can see...but I'll wait to abstain to see if anyone says anything suspicious or useful.

I'm dislike people who abstain almost immediately, but I don't have much to show either, except that I know opaltiger is not the current mafia head. uh, carry on?

I think I'll be the first to abstain. There's no evidence to go on anyway, so let's hurry up with this.

Plus we have a really slim chance of hitting the mafia with a randomlynch; 4 of them against 16 of us left. But like Emerald Espeon I'll wait and see if anyone happens to slip up catastrophically before deciding to abstain.

Guys. I realize that several other mafia games have run up against lynch deadlines, but we still have over twenty-four hours. At least wait for more people to post before you throw up your hands in defeat, sheesh.

I did have what I thought was an awesome post partially typed up, but then I realized I couldn't be quite as certain as I thought I was and it was quickly turning into a tl;dr of talking in circles and "but actually it could be this unless it was this". I don't know that I have much to offer right now as a result; if I can make sense of what I was trying to say earlier, though, then I will share it!

In the meantime: while it isn't the only possibility, I would at least like to think that Diego is currently inactive. If we do decide to lynch (which means giving it time, people!), then hopefully we're safe on that front.

I'm dislike people who abstain almost immediately, but I don't have much to show either, except that I know opaltiger is not the current mafia head. uh, carry on?
So are you inspector then? But even mafia goons show up as mafia...

Re: Ace Attorney Mafia - Day 1

I have a guess as to what it means by that, though I'm not sure I should expand on that there softclaim unless it wants me to.

Yeah, he's not claiming inspector.

Still dislike abstaining, but eh. :/

Our foolish friend here is trying to say "Hi, my name is Elise! Last night I went all spiritual on opal, and he isn't Kristoph". Maybe he'd be clearer if he got some sleep instead of prophesying all night.

res is supposed to be intelligent. It bugs me I'm supposed to believe he checked opal for don status, found a negative, and then spent the first day agonizing over how very The Oracle he is & how Not Mafia Don opal is. Good detectives don't immediately volunteer their role on the first day unless they've found someone's atroquinine.

Something is seriously wrong here and I can't be the only one seeing it.

So far there is no evidence. Abstain

That would require a pretty particular question, though, since res wouldn't be allowed to ask "is opal mafia" or "is opal Kristoph" or what have you. There probably is a way to word it so that it could get such a response, but I can't think of one atm. In my opinion it's more likely that res is claiming that it has a magnet role, distracted opal and, very clearly, did not die--therefore, whatever action it drew, if opal had one, was not lethal. The only way opal could be Kristoph in that scenario is if res was also healed or opal was roleblocked, and since both of those would prevent opal's action from going through, res wouldn't have been notified of anything opal did (I think... trying to remember back to ASB Mafia II where I was magnet). In fact, in the case of the doctor it'd be more likely that it would think opal was said doctor.

Alternatively, it's claiming roleblocker and saying that it blocked opal, so if opal was blocked then the kill that went through couldn't have been his.

(Alternatively alternatively, it's actually Kristoph/some other mafioso, opal may or may not be mafia/Kristoph and it's just saying that to make opal and itself look marginally innocent! intrigue!)

There, res. Are you laughing yet?

...anyway. Now we're running down the clock. I have stuff I should probably be attending to instead of posting here, but I will check back as soon as possible and probably abstain unless anyone else has anything they want to say.

Alternatively alternatively alternatively, he's lover and went for opal.

For the record I have no idea how sreservoir knows I am not Kristoph, and I doubt he knows for sure. Kratos covered most of the possibilities, but I think role-block is probably more likely, since it wouldn't make much sense to risk drawing the mafia's action on night one.

Other than that, as everyone has noted, no leads. Don't think I'm ready to abstain, though.

Alternatively alternatively alternatively, he's lover and went for opal.

Then he'd know I'm not mafia period, not just that I wasn't mafia don.

That would require a pretty particular question, though, since res wouldn't be allowed to ask "is opal mafia" or "is opal Kristoph" or what have you. There probably is a way to word it so that it could get such a response, but I can't think of one atm. In my opinion it's more likely that res is claiming that it has a magnet role, distracted opal and, very clearly, did not die--therefore, whatever action it drew, if opal had one, was not lethal. The only way opal could be Kristoph in that scenario is if res was also healed or opal was roleblocked, and since both of those would prevent opal's action from going through, res wouldn't have been notified of anything opal did (I think... trying to remember back to ASB Mafia II where I was magnet). In fact, in the case of the doctor it'd be more likely that it would think opal was said doctor.

Alternatively, it's claiming roleblocker and saying that it blocked opal, so if opal was blocked then the kill that went through couldn't have been his.

(Alternatively alternatively, it's actually Kristoph/some other mafioso, opal may or may not be mafia/Kristoph and it's just saying that to make opal and itself look marginally innocent! intrigue!)

There, res. Are you laughing yet?

...anyway. Now we're running down the clock. I have stuff I should probably be attending to instead of posting here, but I will check back as soon as possible and probably abstain unless anyone else has anything they want to say.

it still exists, you know. that said, there's no questioner in this game okay screw that apparently there is *grumbles about unobvious last-minute additions*, and for that last one, I guess you could kill me or opal? but that would be a pointless setback. the fact that there was a death anyway without any extra killing roles rules out the doctoring piece. but one of them is true!

For the record I have no idea how sreservoir knows I am not Kristoph, and I doubt he knows for sure. Kratos covered most of the possibilities, but I think role-block is probably more likely, since it wouldn't make much sense to risk drawing the mafia's action on night one.

Other than that, as everyone has noted, no leads. Don't think I'm ready to abstain, though.

Then he'd know I'm not mafia period, not just that I wasn't mafia don.

I'd say I'm quite certain of it, but, you know.

the alternative alternative alternative alternative is I'm alien and trying to attract the mafia's attention; and you can't really refute that very well considering my record with noting the existence of alien, can you?

Last edited:

the alternative alternative alternative alternative is I'm alien and trying to attract the mafia's attention; and you can't really refute that very well considering my record with noting the existence of alien, can you?

But in this case, why would you alert us to this possibility, knowing it would make us cautious about lynching you? But what if that's what you wanted us to think of, so we'd think it improbable for you to be mafia if you made a well-placed slip later on? Or what if... gah. Clever girl...

Back
Top Bottom