• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[Sign-Ups] Signs

Sylph

Take me to Wonderland
[One week ago]

They appeared from no where. You just woke up one day with this odd symbol on your person. You try to explain it away as to where it may have come from, be it a spur of the moment tattoo while drunk or someone drawing on your body when you were sleeping with a permanent marker. All you know is that you woke up with this mark and have no clue why you have it.

[Three days ago]

You start having a reacquiring dream, one that you find yourself and others standing in the center of a strange town inhabited by strange people in hoods and shawls. You look at yourself and find yourself to be naked where your mark was. The mark is glowing a faint shade of colour, each a different shade for each person with you. You then glanced up and find yourself and others at the center of attention from a large creature making a soft hooting sound like an owl as they breath. You open your mouth to ask what is going on, only to find you have no voice.

You wake up later back in your room, your window open and a snow white owl sitting in a tree across from your room. You mark down the dream as something to do with the owl hooting while you slept. Nothing more could explain the odd dream.

[Last night]

Your head feels cloudy, you are in a cold sweat as your face drains of colour. You are sent back to your room my your parents to lay down. Thinking you have a mere fever, you crawl back into your bed and pull the covers over yourself to rest. The last sight you saw was your bedroom wall.

The first thing you see when you open your eyes again is a stone wall of a Inn room. You sit up in your bed and look around you, finding others sleeping in beds like yours. Each one of them look familiar to you, though you know you’ve never met them. You rub your face and look to where your mark is.

It is glowing. Just like the dream.

------------------------------

Hi, this is a text-style adventure, or like a tabletop game where I‘ll be the DM. You play, you learn. If you ask the right people the right questions, you learn more! Simple yes?

No.

You see, you have to pay attention. Even the mumbling drunk may have said something of use that you wished to have remembered when the time comes. Things shift quite a but here and may go from a pleasant dream to a horror filled nightmare. Fair warning dear players.

So do try to play smart. It may lead to victory in finding the answers you seek. You can travel off on your own, or you can stay in a group. This is your choice when you all wake up. But don’t hold me responsible if you happen to find your choice to be…an unfavourable one in the long or short run.

Have fun huns!​

---------

{Rules}
-Don't be an asshat.
-If you type like a monkey I will eat you.
-No pictures for the form, please. The form is short, so do type something.

{Form}
[B]Name:[/B] Should be easy enough
[B]Age:[/B] How many trips around that sun did you go, mate?
[B]Gender:[/B] Look in your pants. It’ll be obvious.
[B]Appearance:[/B] *motions to mirror* Go on. It won’t break.
[B]Number:[/B] 8-93. No, you can’t have repeat numbers. This is important.
[B]Other:[/B] What couldn't fit anywhere else.

---

Numbers taken:

Players:

NightDaemon
Zora
Titress
Cheatmaster
Big Red Cherry Bomb
Kali the Flygon
MidnightSaboteur
Mewtwo
Mawile
Hidan
Zuu

Reserves

FallOut Blade
Silver_Shadow

Last edited:
Name: Chris Corby
Appearance: Brown, scruffy hair cut short. Tall for his age. Hazel eyes. Wears tan pants and a brown top. Mark located on right wrist.
Number: 16
Other: ...

Last edited:
Name: Salene Auora
Appearance: *mirror shatters* Uhh... from what I could see, long, black hair, and blue eyes. All black clothing.
Number: 42
Other: Hi?
Reserving my number.

EDIT: Done.

Last edited:
Name: Bryan Edwards
Appearance: Bryan is a lanky individual, very tall at about 6'4". He has light skin and short, dirty blond hair, combed forward, without any curl to it. His eyes are blue and his eyebrows are thin and long. He keeps his face mostly clean-shaven, except for a small, pointy goatee on his chin. His body is fairly well toned, fortunately, as his marking is large and on his abs. He is wearing a plain white t-shirt and red and black gym shorts, with a small, gold earring on his left ear.
Number: 43 (courtesy of random.org)
Other: Finished! Yay!

Last edited:
Name: Ausyenne "Aussie" Siloyer

Appearance: Aussie is a shorter girl, somewhere along 5'2". Her hair dirty blonde and ends at her shoulders, and her brown eyes framed by circular glasses. Her tan face is small and round, and she has thicker eyebrows than most girls. She has a skinny waist, and weighs around 92 lbs. Her attire is composed of an extra large Simpsons shirt, which serves as a nightgown (she had dressed in her pajamas when she went to lie down) and underneath wears green red-striped boxers. She wears an assortment of jewelry, including golden earrings, a sunflower ring and bracelet, silly bands, and two 'PROUD TO BE DRUG FREE' bracelets. Her mark is located on her left shoulder, closer to her collar-bone.

Number: 73

Other: I enjoy basing my roleplaying characters after my friends, this time my ex's brother and my close friend.

Name: Cherry Jackson
Appearance: Cherry has short-ish silver hair that's swept off to the side, and blue eyes, one of which is hidden under what looks like an eyepatch, although that's really the cover to a very sensitive lens. She stands at 5 foot 8, and is of average weight. Her normal attire is a black t-shirt which may or may not be covered in motor oil, depending on the day. Over that is a brown leather vest with a bunch of pockets, and under that is a leather toolbelt and faded jeans. Shoes are regular ol' workboots.
Number: 88
Other: In case you couldn't tell, she's a mechanic. Whether or not this will become useful depends.

Reserve! Maybe. How many players max?

---

Name: Isaac Walters.
Gender: Male. Although technically, what you described? Would be the physical sex, not gender. Though it's male for both.
Appearance: Isaac is a fairly tall white male. His light brown hair tends towards the shaggy side, falling into his hazel eyes more often than not. He's always well-shaven though, and is, if not 'muscular', trim and more or less fit. His favorite outfit is a green-striped cotton dress shirt with brown slacks and a black real-leather belt - although if you're catching him as he's just waking up, it would be suit of silk houndstooth pajamas. (Hey, you have to look nice even at night: what if a poor lost woman were to show up at his door, asking for the phone, and he showed up in a stained white t-shirt and patterned boxers? Not cool.) And the other day, this weird mark showed up on the left side of his chest - if he were to hold his hand over his heart as if reciting the pledge, it would be dead-center under his palm. It's not itchy, but it won't wash off... What could it be?
Number: Eight.
Other: I'm new to TCoDf RPs, but don't these things usually have a... personality section?

Last edited:
Name: Zeke Nikin
Appearance: Zeke has black hair with a streak of red coming down over his eye. He wears red contacts all the time, but has naturally blue eyes. He often wears jeans and a black hoodie with a red skull on it and has a silver chain coming out of his jean pocket. He has a gold wristwatch on his right hand and his mark goes over his eye right eye. He also has a very reflective skull shaped necklace around his neck.
Number: 91
Other: He is actually quite friendly despite his looks.

this better not die to to failexploring like mine did :C *hefts Clue Bat* HERE WE GO THEN

Name: Cherry Blüte
Appearance: Cherry is a tall boy, with flaming red hair that is shaved off on the sides. He can gel the hair left in the centre up in a mohawk if he feels so inclined. He has large blue eyes, and his face is pretty round. His ears are pierced at least twice each, and he has a nose ring. He's not skinny, or very large, though he has some weight to him. He wears large headphones on his person at all times; either on his ears, or around his neck, or carried in his hand, and they are usually blaring techno. Despite his...odd hairstyle and piercings, Cherry dresses pretty averagely, in jeans and a t-shirt normally.
Number: 15

ETA: aaaand then i noticed my and Zora's charas have the same first name xD this could make some fun mixups.

Last edited:
It'll be keeping this open until midnight tonight (my time) for any more sign-ups. If there aren't any, I'll start this rp tomorrow.

Name: Emlyn
Appearance: Emlyn is a relatively tall underweight boy with brown normal-length hair. He usually has his glasses on constantly and has brown eyes. Emlyn usually wears a jacket of some sort, hiking boots, and jeans. His mark is located on the back of his right hand.
Number: 11
Other: His favorite color's orange.

Last edited:
Name: damn it this is the hardest question! Mikale Herov
Gender: *looks in pants* NO THERE'S NOTHING HERE!!! Oh wait... *moves underwear* Male.
Appearance: *looks for mirror* THERE'S NO MIRROR AROUND. HOW CAN I TELL?*shot* Tall, long shoulder-length black hair with blue streaks.
Number: NO YOU SET LOWEST NUMBER AS 8. HOW CAN I PICK PI NOW??? 76.37712365836474545942870884532. If it has to be whole then 77
Other: DAMMIT MOONY THE FORM WAS HARD TO FILL OUT.

reserve please.

Name: Alice Elizabeth Zant
Sex/Gender: Female/~Female
Appearance: Alice was born to a Russian father and an American mother; she is consequently of a light Caucasian skin tone (but she doesn't get out much, so she's a bit more on the pale side). Her hair is straight, naturally red, and trimmed fairly short - it reaches around halfway down the ears on the sides, is styled with a modest fringe in the front, and falls somewhere halfway down her neck in the back. Her eyes are a greyed blue and don't really stand out much - they're pretty, but not remarkable. She tends to just wear t-shirts and jeans, accompanied with those trendy shoes that are so philanthropic., though if she feels fancy she might substitute a simple skirt for jeans. Besides these basic details, there's really nothing remarkable about -- oh! She seems to have an odd sign of some sort inscribed into her skin half-way up her left calf. (oh yeah! and she's short - like 5'5", and she has a kind of boyish figure. yeah.)
Number: 27
Other: Her father was an eccentric scholar, so she has odd habits and manners that might cause some sort of tension between her and others, if they were easily annoyed or bothered by silly things.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom