• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Writer Profile-ish

Minnow

If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens!
I was thinking that it could be a good idea for the Author Lounge forum to have, like, a sticky or something wherein people could put up their own little profile page thing (a la ASB). They could put whatever they wanted on it, but the main point would be to have a post with links to all of their works on TCOD (or elsewhere, I guess). I thought it'd be nice to have a place where everyone has all their stories together and you could find other things they'd written or whatever. I don't know if anyone would want to take the time to make their own profile, but I'm just throwing it out there.

So, is this a good or a silly idea?

> Find all topics by this user

It does more or less the same job. Sounds a bit pointless to me.

I like it, mainly because it'd be useful for linking to things across sites.

I like it, mainly because it'd be useful for linking to things across sites.

Yes, I quite like it because of this reason, too. Also, "find all topics by user" shows all topics by user, and this would allow people to JUST see what the person has written.

Like, if someone reads something by a particular person and thinks "oh, that is good" they can then go and see if they've posted anything else, whether that's here or somewhere else.

It's actually not a bad idea.

... still doesn't find things on other sites and many people don't like crossposting.

What can it hurt? It would be a nice way to keep things organized. Sure, you could search for all the threads that a person has made in a certain forum. But that's not very organized or consistent.

It would also be useful (like James said) for posting links to stories on other websites, and for keeping notes or updates for stories and such. Again, I don't think it can hurt anything. I like the idea =D

I think the actual problem is that nobody reads anything in the Writing forum and thus it is majorly pointless other than to link people to other sites

which is
easily done by just
putting it in your sig?????

Back
Top Bottom