• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mafia

All PMs should be sent now- tell me if you didn't get one.

The sun sets over the Smash Bros. world. The characters are all going home to sleep, but what they don't know is that some of them might not wake up tomorrow...

48 hours for night actions.

Last edited:
The brawlers woke up, ready for another day. They first didn't know what had happened, until they hear a low scream from one of them. They see the body of rock-ground lying face down on the ground, not moving. They saw some marks around his neck, like he had been strangled to death.

rock_ground is dead. He was a brawler.

24 hours for discussion.

(I know that it said 48 hours on the first post, but I made it that way because I was away yesterday and thought it was better to just give you more time. From now on, all the time between night and day will be 24 hours. Also, flavor text may or may not have something to do with the cause of the death.)

...Well then. One mafia kill, we can assume, and a smart Vigilante to not kill on the first action. But, the problem is, what do we do?

Oh, and WUE, you didn't kill rock_ground.

Last edited:
From what I can see, this was probably the mafia kill. This being the first day, we basically have two choises. We can abstain, which gives the mafia a free kill, or we can randylynch, which gives us a low chance of hitting a mafia.

Welllllll...I think abstainment is the best option, personally, seeing that we still have several players and that we have no leads.

No comment, res.

Personally, I just like lynching. Look at every other game I've been in--Almost always pro-lynch. But whatever. Do what you wish.

Finally, as Counter-lynching seems a distasteful idea to me, Should we go for Demonickittens again?

No, I'm you. But that's another story. Moon-Panther is innocent. And I think we should lynch, which leaves us with the following options:

Psymon
Maniac Fame
Littlestream
werefish5

Any arguments with this?

Personally, I think Psymon is innocent. Mawile, could you check that tonight? If Littlestream and Maniac Fame don't defend themselves, I'm lynching one of them. So, come out!

Starting it off now. Who wants to follow?

Maniac Fame

No comment, res.

Personally, I just like lynching. Look at every other game I've been in--Almost always pro-lynch. But whatever. Do what you wish.

Finally, as Counter-lynching seems a distasteful idea to me, Should we go for Demonickittens again?

Now...

Welllllll...I think abstainment is the best option, personally, seeing that we still have several players and that we have no leads.

I thought you were pro-lynch, Superbird?

PRO-LYNCH.

--"Almost always pro-lynch."

Almost, huh?

I find that a little suspicious.

You have nothing to gain from killing me--And I said "ALMOST always pro-lynching. " Right now, however, there are no leads, no suspicion, the chance of killing an innocent is high, and I'd rather not let our chances as innocents fall even lower. I'm ready to roleclaim if necessary.

You have nothing to gain from killing me--And I said "ALMOST always pro-lynching. " Right now, however, there are no leads, no suspicion, the chance of killing an innocent is high, and I'd rather not let our chances as innocents fall even lower. I'm ready to roleclaim if necessary.

Fine then. I was just putting that out there. I knew it was really time to lynch, with only three or so posting.

People who have viewed but not posted:

Jack_the_PumpkinKing
Pim
Mawile
Manic Fame
Espeon
Flora

Not that it's really suspicious with only us three posting, but still. A list.

I wanted to say something about abstaining, but I thought I'd end up in the same position you just put Superbird in about normally being pro-lynch >.>

There isn't really much to say, though, so I don't think you can really fault the people who've viewed and haven't posted right now.

I've learned not to trust my instincts anymore in Mafia games. They are not good. I'm really pro-abstain ATM unless someone comes up with someone to lynch.

I also tend to be pro-lynch usually, but at this particular moment in this particular game there are 11 living players and only three of them (four, if the Assist Trophy chose mafia?) are mafia... I agree with Superbird, that's pretty overwhelming odds against the innocents if we try a randylynch. I still don't like abstaining (just gives the Mafia a free kill) but in this situation I really don't like the randylynch odds either, so I'll probably just follow along with the majority once the ball gets rolling toward one or the other.

I somewhat understand what dragonair was trying to say when it was accusing Superbird, but think that abstaining on the first day is a very viable option, which starts to make me a bit suspicious of you, dragonair. I do understand that the first day is probably one of the hardest, but I don't see much of a reason to jump on Superbird. However, the case may be that you're the investigator and have found Superbird to be guilty, and were trying to subtly try to get him lynched, in which case you could roleclaim if you wanted to get people to stop suspecting you.

I somewhat understand what dragonair was trying to say when it was accusing Superbird, but think that abstaining on the first day is a very viable option, which starts to make me a bit suspicious of you, dragonair. I do understand that the first day is probably one of the hardest, but I don't see much of a reason to jump on Superbird. However, the case may be that you're the investigator and have found Superbird to be guilty, and were trying to subtly try to get him lynched, in which case you could roleclaim if you wanted to get people to stop suspecting you.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt about that very very stupid suggestion for the investigator to roleclaim on day one, and I'll believe you're just a newbie to Mafia... but dragonair wasn't accusing Superbird because he wanted to abstain, it was because he was doing almost exactly the opposite of what he's done in most previous Mafia games.

Like I said...The only thing you'll get from killing me is my inability to discuss. I'm perfectly ready to roleclaim if necessary to save my life.

Abstain

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt about that very very stupid suggestion for the investigator to roleclaim on day one, and I'll believe you're just a newbie to Mafia... but dragonair wasn't accusing Superbird because he wanted to abstain, it was because he was doing almost exactly the opposite of what he's done in most previous Mafia games.

Yeah. What Jack said. He got pretty much exactly what I was thinking. If I was/am inspector, I would probably try to do what werefish5 was suggesting I was doing, trying to subtly sway the votes, but really, admitting that I'm inspector on the first day would be a horrible idea.

Also, Superbird, I'm perfectly ready to roleclaim as well if necessary. I wasn't ready to vote for you anyway. I just noticed that because I was looking at several mafia games at once.

The Brawlers discussed a lot, but could not decide whether to lynch or not. After a long while the sun went down, and they found it best just to get back to sleep.

24 hours for night actions.

(yeah, I know I should have let you discuss more, but hey, time's up)

The Brawlers woke up to another day. After what they woke up to yesterday, they started looking worried around them to see if more of them had been killed... After a while, they found a body lying on the gruond. It was Espeon, who now had a gaping hole in his chest. However, when they found out about what side he was on, they got relieved to get one of them away.

Espeon is dead. He was Mafia.

24 hours for discussion.
(And just a note: from now on, the time left will count. You have to get done with discussion/night actions in the time specified. Some of you have been late with sending in night actions, and I can't really wait for you- we have to finish this game.)

So, we got a mafia out of the way! And he was inactive, so that might mean the mafia is trying something, since Espeon is experienced and probably wouldn't do that normally...

BUT. This is probably a better idea. I think Espeon was alien. Not posting to draw suspicion, one kill the first day, so he got targeted again. Simple.

First, mafia/vig targets Espeon, and he gets healed, then vig/mafia kills rock_ground. Oh. But there is not vig, so maybe Assist Trophy as Hammer Bro? Is this coherent?

Back
Top Bottom