• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Trading (I need to know)

Nommer of the Mew

Plier psy pi pie
What games can trade to what games? (This counts with the Pal Park too.)

So far, I know:
D/P/Pt-->Pearl, Platinum, Diamond, HeartGold, SoulSilver.
D/P/Pt<--Pearl, Platinum, Diamond, HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.

HG/SS-->Pearl, Platinum, Diamond, HeartGold, SoulSilver.
HG/SS<--Pearl, Platinum, Diamond, HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.

LG/FR-->Pearl, Platinum, Diamond, HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.
LG/FR<--LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.

R/S/E-->Pearl, Platinum, Diamond, HeartGold, SoulSilver, LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.
R/S/E<--LeafGreen, FireRed, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald.

R/B/Y-->Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal
R/B/Y<--Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal

G/S/C-->Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal
G/S/C<--Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal

Poor R/B/Y and G/S/C. Cut off in their own little world...

HELP ME!

Last edited:
Red, Blue and Yellow can all trade freely with one another as long as they're the same language, and Gold, Silver and Crystal can trade with one another the same way. RBY can trade with GSC, but only if GSC does not bring any second-generation moves or pokémon into the trading room. None of the first- or second-gen games can interact in any way with Advance onward.

To put it simply:

Every game can trade freely with other same-language games in its generation (although sometimes this is restricted to post-National Dex, but it's still always possible at some point) (and sometimes foreign-language games too).

Gen II can trade with Gen I only if the party you're taking from Gen II has no Pokemon/moves that were introduced in Gen II.

Gen I/II cannot trade with or be transferred to later generations.

From Gen III onward, every game may transfer Pokemon forward into a later generation, but may not receive Pokemon from a later generation. (I believe this is still correct with B/W, correct me if I'm wrong.)

edit: partially ninja'd twice.
edit 2: and for clarification in case you don't know (but i'm not trying to be patronizing):
Gen I = RBY
Gen II = GSC
Gen III = RSE FRLG
Gen IV = DPPt HGSS
Gen V so far = BW

can you trade pokemon with yourself in gen IV games, or do you need a second DS? :x

Gen II (Gold, Silver, Crystal) is incompatible with Gen III (Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald).

...Gen I too (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow)

Back
Top Bottom