• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requesting lots of help...

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
Okay, I don't exactly know where to put this, but I figured here would be the best place.

Now some may know me as a Scratch Spriter. But that's small-scale. Anything bigger than 150x150px is out of my skill level. Basically, I suck at large-scale art.

...Which is why I'm asking you nice people to help me out. Backstory: For NaNo this year, I'm writing a fiction work called Element, based on the natural elements. This story has been fully written on notebook paper. After I'm done with that, I'm going to write the sequel, which is currently only partly done (on paper). But for the sequel, I thought it would be nice to give readers visual representations of the Elemental Sages, so that they get the right image. Therefore, I've drawn concept art, also on notebook paper, scanned it, and am posting it here, along with character descriptions.

My request: Please make illustrations of these guys for the story. If it ever gets published, your name will be in wherever I put the acknowledgements, and if not the credit will still be yours.

Lord Dakar
The main villain, a (I hope) badass stick figure. He is really aggressive, and is the lord of (master and entity made completely of) the element of darkness. Therefore, he might be attacking or something. Limbs and body are dark gray, and the head is light grey. The sunglasses are an absolute must--he never takes them off.

Aqainate (Aqua)

Though Aqainate is his real name, he goes by Aqua to keep things easy. If you've ever seen Chaos from that one sonic game, his body is similar--Translucent-looking (though not actually translucent at all), and cyan-blue, although a slightly darker shade. The thing on his head acts sorta like a lamp, emitting a soft yellow-orange glow. As for clothing, start where the lines are in the image. Honestly, I don't like the configuration of the Concept Art, so just improvise, black with thin red stripes, unpatterned. Like a diving suit, sort of.

Colonel Flutter

Because what good is a story without a loud drill sergeant with wings! Honestly, the design is just a stereotypical army soldier, with the camo clothing. Camo hat, also. Oh, and no facial hat either.

Earth Golem

Affiliation: The element of Earth. Actually, I don't like the concept are much. Try to think of a slightly fatter Goron (Zelda series), with orange skin. And the ability to punch things.

Frasteraunt (Flora)

Sage of plants. This was invented before I came to the forum, BTW. Honestly--just improvise. Think of a spirit of plants.

Meztrai (Whiz)

Mage of the Mind element. I actually don't have anything for this; But think of a humanoid jester wearing purple. Envision Dimentio from Super Paper Mario for the basic idea. Body is shaped much like that of Colonel Flutter, and basically, take into account that he has psychic powers, minus telepathy.

Thunder King

The god of electricity. Floats on electromagnetism, or somehow. Robes are blue/purple, with lightning bolt decorations. Head, I didn't really like in the Concept Art. Try to make it look a little more look the Fire Lord (directly below)'s head, but not robotic. And a crown on top.

Fire Lord

Yeah. He's a somewhat robotic-looking being made out of half-molten metal. For the body, see if you can make it look like it's geometrically plated in a pattern that's not actually a pattern. Basically, it's made of orangey-red steel or iron. to quote the book, "Melted and unmelted several times." The head; The mouth can really go anywhere reasonable, and I think it looks somewhat stupid how it is now. Torch on head. His hands can disconnect from his body. Floats.

Ice Mage

See the two above. This is the sage of Ice. Light blue cloak, with designs of showflakes, icicles, and water droplets. Floats. His face? I dunno, really light blue. White beard. Honestly, think of a senile old man. A cloud of mist maybe rising from the top of his head. His hands, with ice on their ends, float seperate from his body.

Lilophotaka (Lily)

A master of Light who was refused sagedom, she joined Dakar's cause at his promise that he would make her a sage. Basically, has a really high voice. But that's irrelevant. Those hands are fake, but they still function, and are controlled by her powers of Light. Her robe is white. Brown hair.

I really thank those of you who will choose to participate. Cheers!
~Superbird

Back
Top Bottom