• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Even more new moderators

opaltiger

actually very huggable
Staff member
Pronoun
he/him
When it rains, it pours, I guess! Though it doesn't, really, living in Cambridge. But I digress.

It's true we don't really need new moderators in terms of workload - though who knows what will happen come exam term - but without the introduction of fresh blood we tend to just end up arguing in circles with the same old opinions. And nothing interesting gets done (notice that back in August, after the last set of new mods, the mafia forum mysteriously reopened - this was not a coincidence). It's a terrible cycle. That's why two (well, one and a half*) new moderators are being appointed.

First, Espeon is being promoted to global moderator, in recognition of the fact that he has hitherto been a de facto global moderator anyway.

Second, please welcome our brand new global mod, the lovely Cirrus.

Hurricanes are not currently on the forecast. But forecasts have been known to, occasionally, not be entirely accurate**.

Cheers,
opal

*By which I do not mean to suggest Espeon is only half a person. He is merely only half new.
**Rule one: always leave yourself some room.

Last edited:
row row fight the power

naw man it's "row row fight da powah"

Congrats Cirrus! Espeon's modding I half saw coming, but you were a pleasant surprise as well! Sorta surprised that Zhorken still hasn't become a mod yet, but hey.

naw man it's "row row fight da powah"

Congrats Cirrus! Espeon's modding I half saw coming, but you were a pleasant surprise as well! Sorta surprised that Zhorken still hasn't become a mod yet, but hey.
Zhorken has been considered in the past, but he's not particularly active on the forums which is mainly why he isn't a mod. The purpose of adding new mods was to get active people on the staff.

Would Zhorken even be interested? He'd be a good mod, sure, but I dunno if he'd be up for it.

Congrats, fresh meat (and several-days-old meat...?)!

Congrats, Espeon and Cirrus! (Genuinely.)

BUT MAN I SURE WAS SURPRISED
I'm really glad you took the time to ask the opinions of the mod team first!
Oh, that's right.

Sorta surprised that Zhorken still hasn't become a mod yet, but hey.
There are reasons for this, not least of which is that Zhorken doesn't post on the forums.
BUT MAN I SURE WAS SURPRISED
I'm really glad you took the time to ask the opinions of the mod team first!
Oh, that's right.
I guess opal just loves me more than you. :'( It is super sad. [hugs Tailsy]

Congrats, Espeon, Cirrus! \o/

There are reasons for this, not least of which is that Zhorken doesn't post on the forums.
I do so! Like... once a week.... But I do ten times more lurking and reading. (Also my ego sort of loves that I get brought up every time. 83)

But yeah, these are awesome choices for mods. \o/

Back
Top Bottom