• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What is this? (SUCCESSFULLY TRANSLATED)

Hiikaru

Run.
Pronoun
he
Okay, so, guys, what is this nonsense?

text.txt in the files of any Shimeji said:
–{ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚ÍuŒ»ó‚Ì‚Ü‚Üv‚ÅA–¾Ž¦‚Å‚*‚é‚©ˆÃ–Ù‚Å‚*‚é‚©‚ð–â‚킸A‰½‚ç‚Ì•ÛØ‚à‚È‚*’ñ‹Ÿ‚³‚ê‚Ü‚·B –{ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚ÌŽg—p‚É‚æ‚Á‚Ķ‚¶‚é‚¢‚©‚Ȃ鑹ŠQ‚ɂ‚¢‚Ä‚àAìŽÒ‚͈êØ‚ÌÓ”C‚𕉂í‚È‚¢‚à‚Ì‚Æ‚µ‚Ü‚·B

ˆÈ‰º‚̧ŒÀ‚É]‚¤ŒÀ‚èA¤—pƒAƒvƒŠƒP[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚ðŠÜ‚ß‚ÄA–{ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚ð”CˆÓ‚Ì–Ú“I‚ÉŽg—p‚µAŽ©—R‚ɉü•Ï‚µ‚ÄĔЕz‚·‚邱‚Æ‚ð‚·‚×‚Ä‚Ìl‚É‹–‰Â‚µ‚Ü‚·B

1.–{ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚ÌoŽ©‚ɂ‚¢‚Ä‹•‹U‚Ì•\Ž¦‚ð‚µ‚Ä‚Í‚È‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB‚*‚È‚½‚ªƒIƒŠƒWƒiƒ‹‚̃\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚ð쬂µ‚½‚ÆŽå’£‚µ‚Ä‚Í‚È‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB ‚*‚È‚½‚ª–{ƒ\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚ð»•i“à‚ÅŽg—p‚·‚éê‡A»•i‚Ì•¶‘‚ÉŽÓŽ«‚ð“ü‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚½‚¾‚¯‚ê‚ÎK‚¢‚Å‚·‚ªA•K{‚Å‚Í‚*‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
2.ƒ\[ƒX‚ð•ÏX‚µ‚½ê‡‚ÍA‚»‚Ì‚±‚Ƃ𖾎¦‚µ‚È‚¯‚ê‚΂Ȃè‚Ü‚¹‚ñBƒIƒŠƒWƒiƒ‹‚̃\ƒtƒgƒEƒFƒA‚Å‚*‚é‚Æ‚¢‚¤‹•‹U‚Ì•\Ž¦‚ð‚µ‚Ä‚Í‚È‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB
3.ƒ\[ƒX‚̔Еz•¨‚©‚çA‚±‚Ì•\Ž¦‚ð휂µ‚½‚èA•\Ž¦‚Ì“à—e‚ð•ÏX‚µ‚½‚肵‚Ä‚Í‚È‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB

This is a .txt file for a computer application called a Shimeji, a form of desktop buddy that's super customizable.

I want to know what it is, and what I can do about it.

I figured out how to edit the xml files in a useful way, but the one menu text that is not squares, しめじ (reads: "shimeji" if you're curious) does not exist there. Clearly there is something else going on.

The menu is pretty intuitive, but if it were in English (or at least in not-squares) then that would be super excellent, so this is the next step in my quest to do something about it.

Is it compiled code? Can I edit it? Does it contain the Japanese menu of the Shimeji?

Someone out there knows the answers.

Edit: (By the way if I remove the .txt from the folder before opening the Shimeji it doesn't seem to have any effect, but even if this turns out to be the wrong direction I still want to know what its deal is.)

Last edited:
Re: What is this?

Looks like you have a case of not having your Japanese locale on. Just switch it, and you should be fine.

Looks like you have a case of not having your Japanese locale on. Just switch it, and you should be fine.

Seriously? That's the most boring explanation ever. 8[ It's just a terms of use. That makes me wonder if the compiled code I looked at only looked like that because of a Unicode problem, though. Hmm.

Ah, well. That's one mystery solved. Thanks!

Now I have to figure out how to edit this .class file that looks suspiciously similar to the menu.

(double-post but this is important)

YOU GUYS. I TRANSLATED THE MAIN SHIMEJI MENU. I AM TAKING CARE OF MY SHIMEJI IN ENGLISH.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Back
Top Bottom