• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Search for the Spirit Animals [OOC/Sign Ups]

Silver

I am the master of cakes
~Search for the Spirit Animals~

"There are those who can control Spirit Animals. There are select few who can learn how to control them, they are wild and dangerous and hard to control. All in the world can control magic, but only those with a strong link to all nature, can be Spirit Wielders. The world, as of now, is peaceful and trainquil. The land of Libra, though, is the war-torn area that wars happen on. The land there has been growing since wars there have become more common then before. Our land, the land of Shizu Falls, has started to lose it's touch with nature. We are bordering the edge of Libra and are on the verge of destruction. Even if our greatest Magic Users, who have no connection to the Spirit Animals, try to defend our land there will be casualites. Our land is at peace for now, but for how long?"

- This was a quote taken from the book, "The Lore of the Lands"

Now the land of Shizu Falls is a barren place. When most of the nature was destroyed, the Spirit Wielders disappered. All the lands around Shizu Falls look exactly like it, barren with market stalls and a few houses still standing. Most of the surviving Magic Users travel together in small groups. They camp together, hoping that they may be able to find one shred of hope that the world will be peaceful again. All the Magic Users believe that the Spirit Wielders started it, when wars broke out Spirit Wielders were at the front lines. They were veiwed as assets in the war. Their Spirit Animals could cause great destruction to the land if used in the wrong hands. Spirit Wielders were viewed as war hungry fiends and were always shunned. The Magic Users were wrong. The beautiful trees and plants were created by the first Spirit Wielders. They used the power of animal spirits to help them create nature, thus, Spirit Wielders were born. The Spirit Animals are gone and must be found, even though the Magic Users want them gone. There is a small group of teens that wield the power of the Spirit Animals and they are determined to bring peace back to the lands, even at the risk of being discovered by the Magic Users. The Spirit Animals have the ability to talk to their wielder by their thoughts, so they don't have to talk out loud. The animals can use telepthy to communicate with other Spirit Animals, and send messages to them from long distances. The Spirit Animals take the shape of you're soul, and can only be seen by Spirit Wielders. The return of the Spirit Wielders will start when a small green leaf sprouts from the ground...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RULES
No controlling other characters
If you don't like a specific person don't show it in battles or fights
PG-13 I don't care if you swear, but keep the romance to a minimum
If there is someone you're mad at, don't involve them in the story *glares at annoying 6th grader who has nothing to do with this*
Try and make your replys as long as you can, don't put "Yeah, ok." you said, and thats it.
For Spirit Wielders no animals that live in water are allowed. Animals can have claws, talons, etc. (it can be a platypus)
No more then 2 characters, not including me.
Don't make it as though when you attack someone they always get hit, they will be able to avoid it if they choose too.
I am the Ice Magic User and Spirit Wielder, no exceptions. May have two characters with same magic element but different alliance.
Spirit Wielders have limited magic use, but can blend in with Magic Users.
Try to enjoy yourself!

Forms~
Name: (what you want people to call you)
Gender: (Boy or Girl? It's not that hard to figure out this!)
Alliance: (Are you a Spirit Wielder or Magic User?)
Spirit Animal: (Spirit Wielders only, tell if its a boy or girl and what they look like.)
Magic Element: (Spirit Wielders and Magic Users. Elements are Fire, Water, Ground, Ice, Dark, Psychic, Flying)
Apperance: (How do you want them to look?)
Personality: (Can be PO, but at least give a general idea on how they react to people.)
Bio: (What's happened in their life that has led up to this point?)
Relationships: (Friends, Family, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Or if you're open to one.)
Other: (Do you want us to know anything else about you?)

My Forms

Name: Liza Calem
Alliance: Spirit Wielder
Spirit Animal: Cat (F, Snow white cat with green eyes and black stripes along her back)
Magic Element: Ice~
Apperance: She has white hair with a blue streak in the front. Her eyes are icy blue with the "stare into you're soul" kind of look. She is quite tall compared to other 13 year olds her age. She always wears a white hoodie with a blue tank top underneath. She sometimes wears skirts, but she prefers jeans. She also wears white tennis shoes and has a necklace with a charm of a star on it.
Personality: She is often quiet around others. She is very friendly, but can have a major adittude in a second. She can be very harsh when you insult her or her friends. She is very deffensive when it comes to her friends. She is truly a good friend when you get to know her well.
Bio: She was born in the winter time and automatticly embraced learning the ice magic. One day when she was practicing her magic she saw green eyes staring at her. It told her its name was Mystic. The cat always followed her around. When she heard about the Spirit Wielders she knew she was one of them, since no one else could see Mystic.
Relationships: Friends with Allum, her parents died when she was young.
Other: Mystic tends to get an adittude when shes around people who have personalities she dosen't like. It's not a lovely adittude. She had Mystic send messages to meet in the ruined Shizu Falls, to all the other Spirit Animals.

Name: Alex Corby
Alliance: Magic User
Spirit Animal: ------
Magic Element: Ice
Apperance: He has short black hair with a blue streak. His eyes are a deep blue color with a light blue fleck around the iris. He usually wears a black hoodie with blue jeans. He is somewhat shorter then most people his age. He also wears black and white tennis shoes.
Personality: He is always quiet around most people. He will stand up for what he believes in, no matter what the cost. He is a true friend to those he can believe in.
Bio: He was raised to believe that the Spirit Wielders were the bad people. He took interest in controlling temperature on how cold he wanted things to be, so he decided to study the art of ice magic.
Relationships: Open to one, he has a younger and older sister who stay at home. His parents died when he was 16.
Other: His mother had a lovely singing voice.

Characters

Spirit Wielders
Liza Calem/Ice Magic/Silver
Kristen Thompson/Fire Magic/fantici-life
Hailo Orii/Flying Magic/Cheatmaster
Allum Elle/Dark Magic/River

Magic Users
Alex Corby/Ice Magic/Silver
Rayne/Water Magic/SkyAngel

RESERVATIONS
Psychic Magic/Mewtwo

You can reserve before others take the one you want! *hinthint*

Last edited:
Name: Kristen Thompson
Spirit Animal: rabbit (F,white and fluffy and big ears)
Magic Element: fire
Apperance: She has long brown hair and blue eyes.I am a little tall and i am nice.
Personality: She is nice to others and loves the outside.
Bio: She loved to watch fire burn and loved the out doors alot.
Relationships: Open to one relationship.
Other: Her rabbits name is Fluff

Name: Rayne

Alliance: Magic User

Magic Element: Water

Appearance: He has dark brown hair and eyes as deep and as blue as the ocean, that radiate a passion for life. He wears a blue crystal shaped like a teardrop on a simple leather cord around his neck. This necklace is extremely important to him for unknown reasons. He usually wears very simple clothes, a plain white t-shirt that really brings out his eyes and a pair of jeans.

Personality: He is usually calm, but when he witnesses cruelty and unfairness, he becomes enraged. He loves music and will frequently be seen playing a reed flute by the river, playing his music while exercising his control of water, making little spirals of water come up from the river and dance around him. Although it is rather hard to earn his trust, once you have it, you have it for life. If you betray him...watch your back, for he will never forgive you. He is kind to strangers and thinks things through before acting, unless enraged.

Bio: He's an orphan, his family killed in a magical accident when he was very young. He was taken in by his grandparents who were very strict and harsh. They frequently beat him and ordered him to do things that were impossible for him. He was also tormented by everyone in the village for sympathizing with the Spirit Wielders, instead of condemning them like everyone else. He ran away soon after that and just traveled along rivers, playing his flute and watching the water run, living life freely.

Relationships: None, but is very open to them.
Other: He supports and helps Spirit Wielders, rather than hunting for them.

Last edited:
Name: Hilao Orii
Spirit Animal: Akura - Giant Praying Mantis - Male - About 5 feet tall, silver in colouration
Magic Element: Wind/Flying
Appearance:This is him.
Personality: Hyper and friendly, often makes jokes (70% arn't funny)
Bio:
Born on a farm, Hilao had little to live for in his life. He never went to school, and thus is less educated on several matters. Life on a farm has given him quite a bit of strength, far more than most boys of his age, as well as a distinct understanding of animals and soil quality. One day, as he was fixing a fence, a huge silver mantis burst from the bushes and attacked him. When he awoke he found himself in the forest, the silver mantis watching over him. Wherever he went, the mantis followed him silently. Eventually, Hilao gathered his courage and tried to talk to the mantis. They soon became friends, but no matter what, the mantis never lets him go back to his farm.
Relationships: Family who live on a farm
Other:

Looks pretty good. Reminds me of a book series I finished reading recently. Kinda.

Name: Allum Elle

Spirit Animal: Owl (M, Black dappled with grey. Dark purple eyes and white beak.)

Magic Element: Dark

Apperance: Allum is tall for his age, standing at about six feet. His short black hair returns to the same position no matter what he does so he ignores it. Usually he wears a black jacket and silver tshirt along with jeans. He has a black stone on a chhain around his neck.

Personality: Usually quiet and prefering to keep secrets to himself. He is trustworthy and will always fight with honour, but overall prefers to sneak to preserve his energy. When angry he will sometimes attempt to find a leaf or piece of stone, He will use the leaf as a whistle or draw in the dirt with the stone. Overall he prefers the leaf. Avoid him if neither the leaf or the stone are nearby. Allum cares deeply for his friends, moreso than himself. No matter how close a friend you are with him you will never learn all his secrets.

Bio: Allum spent most of his life wandering, his parents were travellers so he never made many friends. However, when he was seven they stopped in a small town as his mother was sick. She died four months later and his father took his own life. He never left that town as he had no place to go, and even if he did he had no way to get there. For the first time in his life he was able to make friends but he stayed in near complete isolation. One day as he was drawing in the soft earth he heard a flutter of wings and a large black and grey Owl set itself down on a boulder nearby. The Owl's voice echoed about him as he talked with Allum and introduced himself as Fallstar. Soon after he decided he would start travelling again and the Owl led the way.

Relationships: Friendship with Liza.

Other: He knows how to play the leaf whistle.

Wait, what exactly is the Dark Magic, customary evil spells and such? Or a more elemental approach? Even then: How so?

Last edited:
Both accepted and Liza and Allum can be friends.

The Dark Magic would be like the normal evilish spells and be able to control something in nature...like if a plant is wilted by dark magic you're character could take the dark magic out of it and convert it into good magic and make the plant come back to life. That's why I don't have a Grass Magic Wielder/User.

Name: (what you want people to call you)
Gender: (Boy or Girl? It's not that hard to figure out this!)
Alliance: (Are you a Spirit Wielder or Magic User?)
Spirit Animal: Male Wolf
Magic Element: Psychic
Apperance: (How do you want them to look?)
Personality: (Can be PO, but at least give a general idea on how they react to people.)
Bio: (What's happened in their life that has led up to this point?)
Relationships: (Friends, Family, Boyfriend/Girlfriend, Or if you're open to one.)
Other: (Do you want us to know anything else about you?)

Reserve for now~

So dark magic is undoing unnatural damages to life? How about Poison, what does it affect there? And does it do anything with lighting? Become more powerful at night?

Evillish Spells? Can you give me an Example?

[/questionoverload]

Curiosity killed the RP'er. But not me.

I edited my character a bit, switching from spirit wielder to magic user, and (hopefully it'll get approved) made it where he's a sympathizer of spirit wielders, helping them instead of hunting them. Requesting re-approval~

(in my thoughts)*woah...*
Yes somewhat. The Poison Magic will have to do with destroying nature or like what the Dark Magic can do, like polluting the enviroment can be like Poison Magic and it can also reverse it. The nighttime could power you up somewhat as would some other things for the magical elements.

The evilish spells can be for those who have dark thoughts in their mind, like a Death Spell maybe. Or like taking Dark Magic and transferring some to hurt/help something. (Does this help somewhat?)

... Sorta. I suppose iget the basic idea, Makes people feel negative emotions or death if necessary. Also counters poison and can cause it. Becomes more powerful at night. Various dark magic such as death, decay, pain and blindness. Some more but also being able to reverse certain aspects of the spells (with the exception of death) to reverse decay to the affected areas original aspects, stop magic based pain of a certain variety and perhaps undo magic-caused blindness?

*Confuzed*

I edited my character a bit, switching from spirit wielder to magic user, and (hopefully it'll get approved) made it where he's a sympathizer of spirit wielders, helping them instead of hunting them. Requesting re-approval~

yes, it'll work. You just won't be able to have you're Eagle.

Yes, that's the general idea. The magic generally means it can fix damage already don depending on what it is. Maybe I should put what the magic can do and what it can fix for all of them. It would also depend on if you are a Magic User or Spirit Wielder that decides if you use it for good or evil.

Finally.
Actully, they all power up at certin times, Fire=Daylight, Dark=Nighttime,Wind/Flying=Windy Days, Psychic=Morning,Ice=Winter or when Snowing, and Ground/Earth=Near caves or Rocky areas.
Hope this helps if you want to sign up!~

Name: L(cookies for whom guesses name's origin)

Spirit Animal:Male Wolf(Grey and shaggy with a black bandana, red eyes and a red lightning bolt on his side. Short tail.)

Magic Element: Ground

Apperance: L is a short kid with shaggy black hair and cunning red eyes. He always wears a black bandana around his neck, on top of a t-shirt with the symbol of a D on top of an L. He wears spiked wristbands on both wrists and normally wears a black jacket over his shirt, with the collar up. He wears torn jeans held up with a black belt and a golden buckle. In top of his eye is a red lightning bolt emblem.

Personality: L starts off as a quiet kid, usually never talking to anyone except his Spirit animal, Zextro. He is a quick thinker and always thinks things through before executing them, but his ideas are based on several scenarios that could happen. As of such, he is barely quiet and not willing to tell others of his plans. He also stares into space alot. His personality will be PO.
Bio: L came from a pretty happy life in a village and had many friends. That quickly changed one day. He was forced to run, due to something unknown at the time. But when he looked back, the village was ablaze. He was horrifyed, but kept running away. Eventually, he came to a small cave with strange properties and fell asleep, as sleep he did not awake from for a few years. When he woke up and looked outside, he was even more shocked at the barrenness of the land. It was then that a wolf emerged from the same cave and explained everything to him. He was also convinced at this point that connecting to humans was going to end in misery, so he promised himself that he would save the earth, with only it and Zextro at his side
Relationships: I'm open to developing relationships over time.
Other: I changed to ground, if that's ok.

Last edited:
Eh, Titress, I'm sorry to tell you this, but River has already done the Dark Magic. You could do it if you change you're alliance to Magic User.

Back
Top Bottom