• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémafia III - 5th Gen - NIGHT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriane

Super Moderator
Pronoun
she
Pokémafia III - 5th Gen - NIGHT 2

GM's Notice: You have until 22:00 GMT-5, 12 November 2010 for night actions!

Death Toll
Night 0: Nobody
Day 1: Kammington and Hidan, for not actually existing in the first place.
Night 1: Li'l Dwagie was murdered. Mike the Foxhog and FallOut Blade (inactivity) committed suicide.
Day 2: Walker was barely lynched.

PokéMafia III
~ FIFTH GENERATION ~

Da Rules

• This game has secret roles, meaning there is no public list of roles included in the game. That said, the exact number of mafia and innocents is a mystery.
  • To keep the guesswork to a minimum, you can consult my list of #mafia roles here. These are the roles I use in my games, and you won't find anything not on that list in this game. This is not to say I've used every role on that list, however!
  • There is to be no out-of-thread communication. The mafia don(s) and their cronies are of course exempt from this rule. If there is a Lover, they may also converse with their partner apart from the game.
  • Inactivity Clause: I'm implementing an inactivity clause this go around. Basically, you get two strikes: the first time you forget a night action, it is merely skipped. The second time you miss a night action, you will commit suicide and be revealed as one of the next day's dead (the suicide will be apparent.) If your role has an optional night action: if you do not wish to use your action that night, please PM me saying so. This lets me know you're paying attention to the game.
  • Order of night actions: 1. Disablers, 2. Shufflers, 3. Protectors, 4. Killers. Inquiry-based actions are not disabled/shuffled and are responded to immediately. If there is an alien, a friendly "kill" (e.g. overdose, vigilante strike) will activate them. If there is a terrorist, exploding an active alien will satisfy their day-kill requirement.
  • If there is an alien, they will be notified upon activation.
  • If there is a magician, they will be notified when their copy is destroyed.
  • Day phases will last approximately 48 hours. Night phases will last approximately 24-36.
  • Please don't hesitate to ask any additional questions you may have! Also bear in mind that nothing in the rules are indicative towards actual roles in the game.
  • Upon death, players will discover the dead's Pokémon, but not their role. Inspectors/Spies, if there are any, will learn if they are mafia or innocent with their inspections. Mafia-aligned players that aren't killers appear innocent to Inspectors and mafia to Spies.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémafia III - 5th Gen - NIGHT 0

Day 1

Murmurs from the crowd of seventeen guests flushed through the great hall, echoing off demoralisingly ornate pillars constructed with otherworldly stone. A tall, handsome man rose from his throne at the far eastern end of the room, enveloped in a sudden sinister light as if on cue.

"Allow me to cordially welcome you all to my palace, my guests... my friends!"

The room grew silent. Who was this man? He certainly looked charming enough, but was he to be trusted...?

"You are naturally curious as to why I've invited you all here..."

He did a sort of dainty twirl, his cloak fluttering elegantly behind.

"Just think of it as an... experiment."

Sudden murmurs again, with exchanges of nervous glances.

"Now, now, there's no need to worry... I'm sure you'll all get along just fine."

He gave a genuine smile.

"I trust you all found your bedrooms to your liking? Please, do anything you like to make yourself feel at home... and stay as long as you'd like! Teehee..."

And with another twirl, he walked slowly past the group and off into an illusory distance...

~*~

Nobody has died.

You have approximately 48 hours for discussion and to decide on a candidate for lynching.
If you failed to report a night action, you have been warned.

Last edited:
Re: Pokémafia III - 5th Gen - DAY 1

N has no face

Well, cue the awkward day-one-with-few-leads discussion. We could have any number of causes for no deaths here: doctor, alien, roleblock... No real way of telling, honestly, unless an oracle has something they'd like to share (note: please don't do so unless you know we're about to, like, lynch an active alien or some such. information roles tend to be targets).

Well...yah.

I'm pretty much posting for the sake of not getting in the way of "They haven't posted but they've looked! Destroy them! Destroy them now!" strategy.

I personally think the mafia didn't send in their night action. Although the note at the bottom could mean anything.

I personally don't think the mafia forgot. The note could mean anything. Nobody might've forgot at all, or some other role could've too.

Huh. What's with all the night zero lack of deaths in mafia lately?

But yeah. Nothing to go on, etc.

...This is absurdly redundant, but seriously?.. Nothing?..
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and guess that nobody is going to dig up any reasonable evidence towards a lynch.. voting to Abstain until we have something to actually go on.

with no information, let's just consider the parameters! how many mafia are likely in 18-person games? five or six?

with no information, let's just consider the parameters! how many mafia are likely in 18-person games? five or six?

Whoah, five or six? I wouldn't really guess that high; maybe three or four? Anyway, I think we can afford to go with no lynch (ugh why is abstain the standard :( no lynch makes much more sense!) today and there's probably not going to be anything major going on today.

Unrelatedly, I think that figuring out how many mafiosi we're dealing with would be a good line of questioning for any oracles out there, if they can't think of anything.

Whoah, five or six? I wouldn't really guess that high; maybe three or four? Anyway, I think we can afford to go with no lynch (ugh why is abstain the standard :( no lynch makes much more sense!) today and there's probably not going to be anything major going on today.

I would guess liberally just because it's usually better to overestimate than underestimate.

Unrelatedly, I think that figuring out how many mafiosi we're dealing with would be a good line of questioning for any oracles out there, if they can't think of anything.

but at this point, without significantly more to do, oracles will probably be more concerned with aliens than with mafia count. and considering it's fully possible to have a drug dealer or voodooist or mafia roleblocker to jam it, doc+oracle or doc+cop doesn't work.

also Vixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom