• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HG/SS stupid... or advanced?

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
So yeah, I was thinking today about my team and there are some pokemon and movesets I wanted to check.

94.png

Modest Evs: Sp. Attack and Hp or Speed w/ Choice specs A: levitate
Explosion
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Drifblim set a-go-go! Only Drifblim can't learn focus blast, which is why it's a gengar.

230.png

Timid Evs: Sp. Attack and speed w/ Scope lens A: sniper
Draco Meteor
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Dance

Standard Kingdra is standard? I thought I would just try it... well, because.

344.png

Modest Evs: Sp. Attack and Hp w/ Life Orb A: levitate
Earth Power
Psychic (there's probably a better move than this, but it was the first to come to mind)
Rapid Spin
Toxic

yay a spinner that resists every entry inhibitor! not much more reason for this.

Also, I'll be replacing something on my team for a breloom, but we've been over that before.

Another thing! I was thinking about grass type pokemon in general, and I came up with this.

275.png

Timid Evs: Sp. Attack and Hp or speed W/ Heat rock A: chlorophyll
Swagger
Toxic
Sunny Day
Solar beam

The derpiest grass set ever, right? I origionally meant it for a Vileplume, but I figured people would hate it more on a Shiftry.

So yeah, I was thinking today about my team and there are some pokemon and movesets I wanted to check.

94.png

Modest Evs: Sp. Attack and Hp or Speed w/ Choice specs A: levitate
Explosion
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Drifblim set a-go-go! Only Drifblim can't learn focus blast, which is why it's a gengar.

gengar wants all the speed it can get, with its pathetic defenses. go for hasty or naive if you're going to use explosion; probably naive, since gengar is immune to the only special priority.

230.png

Timid Evs: Sp. Attack and speed w/ Scope lens A: sniper
Draco Meteor
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Dance

Standard Kingdra is standard? I thought I would just try it... well, because.

dragon dance, and not a single physical move on it. that is problematic. go waterfall/outrage/dragon dance/filler; I'm fond of yawn as filler. And sniper is a subpar ability, since stuff falls into two categories: things that are going to stay there for a while with recovery and crap, and stuff that's not going to survive more than two turns after a DD.

344.png

Modest Evs: Sp. Attack and Hp w/ Life Orb A: levitate
Earth Power
Psychic (there's probably a better move than this, but it was the first to come to mind)
Rapid Spin
Toxic

yay a spinner that resists every entry inhibitor! not much more reason for this.

...it's weak to ghost. spinblockers are ghosts.

Also, I'll be replacing something on my team for a breloom, but we've been over that before.

Another thing! I was thinking about grass type pokemon in general, and I came up with this.

275.png

Timid Evs: Sp. Attack and Hp or speed W/ Heat rock A: chlorophyll
Swagger
Toxic
Sunny Day
Solar beam

The derpiest grass set ever, right? I origionally meant it for a Vileplume, but I figured people would hate it more on a Shiftry.

why are you using shiftry with neither explosion nor nasty plot? and you're not abusing the sun anywhere else, so.

I'm not completely serious about the Shiftry thing, and like I said, it was originally meant for a Vileplume, so.

for Claydol, I was speaking of SR/Spikes/TSpikes. I know it's weak to Ghosts, but he's almost the perfect spinner (other than tenta), as he is not affected whatsoever by the various spikes and resists SR. But, if it doesn't work...

I've actually decided against Kingdra and am now going for Kabutops, which shall look like this:

141.png

Adamant (well, actually probably Brave as I am getting rid of my Weavile, and I need him to know Ice Beam) W/ Muscle Band Ability: Battle Armor
Superpower
Ice Beam
Aqua Jet
Stone Edge

So him.

Naive? Grrrrrr. I already started breeding modest Gastlys... ah, well its not like that was working for me anyway...

Oh! and I was going to use the Shiftry for my slow pokemon team (which kicks some serious butt, might I say. Thank you guys for that.), but I thought I'd try this alternate Quagsire set, as I am in desperate need for Ice-type moves while Trick room is still in effect.

195.png

Adamant w/ Expert Belt/Muscle belt (whichever is thought will work better.) Ability: Damp, I'm thinking.
Attract
Recover
Counter/Brick Break
Ice Punch

I'm going to run this as a female (which you might be able to tell by the spirte...) and plan upon using attract against mainly male-oriented teams. Counter/recover will be a smidgen more difficult to breed, and maybe not quite as productive, but Brick Break is sure to be useful.

... bump?

Actually, now that I think about it, Gengar and Claydol will be replaced with:

36.png

Modest/Timid, @ Life Orb, Magic guard Evs 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed or Hp
Ice Beam
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Awesome coverage= YES.

and

205.png

Jolly, @ whichever berry reduces fire attacks, Sturdy Evs 252 attack, 252 speed
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Explosion

Basic Forretress is basic? I don't know.

Oh, and I am looking to replace roost on my Togekiss. I never use it. It already know Air Slash, Thunder Wave, and Flamethrower. Suggestions/ help gratefully accepted. Oh! and now that Clefable will know Ice Beam, Kabutops can know Night Slash! isn't that nifty?

What is flamethrower on your pikushii for? Also I cry at the thought of life orb pikushii without double-edge.

iirc, the preferred set is quiet with 76 spe, with the spe droppable if you don't care too much about skarmory; double-edge/softboiled and two special moves, generally one of which is fire blast. I like hp water or hp ground.

because fire blast is better than flamethrower on slow bulky stuff with recovery moves. clefable can afford to miss.

double-edge is just amazing without recoil, especially after life orb, even with clefable's crap attack.

belly drum/softboiled/double-edge/meteor mash or elemental punch is always fun, though annoyingly easily walled.

Back
Top Bottom