• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Prehistoric Pokemon

Deadly Sniper Goat

I like this alot.
A world that does not know man, and barely knows mammals. This was ours, millions upon millions of years ago. Mighty reptiles rules the lands, the skies, and the seas. They hunted, they killed, the survived. They lived on through planetary changes, climate shifts, only finally dying out when the heavens themselves intervened. And with the great beasts' death, the mammals arose, gave rise to man. Who would take what was once a cruel, unforgiving world and bend it to his own whims, to take the throne of beasts with that which nature could not have foreseen.

But we go forward too quickly, for we care not for the present here. Just for the past.

It is a time that shall be known amongst man as the late Cretaceous period. Mighty dinosaurs roam the lands, great pterosaurs fly the air, and the mighty sea creatures roam the waters. Mammals live as well, but as rats that scurry about the undergrowth, hiding in the shadows to avoid the sight of the great beasts. In time, they will claim the throne that is held by the likes of Tyrannosaurus rex. Their time is not now, will not come for thousands of years.

Living alongside both dinosaur and rodents are a new breed. They arose as simple creatures long ago, in a period known as the Jurassic. They are different from all the rest. Where the great dinosaurs pride size, they tend to be small. Water remains the friend of most, although a few venture ashore and there are even populations that can be considered nearly dinosaurs themselves. These creatures' main advantage is that they possess extraordinary powers that no animal should possess. Two legged scythed crabs can fire high pressure water from their mouths. Creatures that barely reach the great Tyrannosaurus' knees can strike with such power as to kill immediately. And there are even a few that stalk the skies, killing their prey swiftly and without mercy, feared even by the most powerful dinosaurs.

This is their tale, a tale of creatures who will one day come to inhabit the world, to subject it to their rule just as much as humans. A species that will survive and flourish where their contemporaries do not.

This is the story of prehistoric Pokemon.

-----------

Trying this old thing again. Much better at RPing this time, maybe can keep this thing alive this go-around.

So, sign up here I suppose, if it suits you. Not going to ask for anything other than a character name, a Pokemon species, and at least some RP skill. If you want to make a long complex form then, hey, more power to you. I'd prefer people start out as unevolved mons, although that's not really a hard and fast rule. The only explicitly forbidden Pokemon is Aerodactyl. This is gonna be about survival, and playing a flying unstoppable death-lizard is kinda going against that, ya'know? You'll have your chance to evolve along the way.

Things ya'll need to keep in mind-

1.) This is hella long before humans, obviously. Pokemon don't identify themselves as Pokemon, they don't identify themselves as Kabuto or Omanyte or whatever. Those are human-given names that Pokemon don't have yet. On a similar note, they don't call dinosaurs dinosaurs and suchlike.

2.) When enough dudes show intrest, I'll make a topic. I'll update this topic about once a week or so. Everybody try to post in it within this week, anyone who doesn't will be skipped. Being skipped in the middle of a Velociraptor ambush will not have pretty results.

3.) Survival RPs set in dinosaur times are COOL. Anyone who says otherwise is WRONG. And should be MOCKED.

So yeah, post and join in/let this whither and die. Your choice, friends.

Archetypes

Stock dinosaurs to come as examples. Others will be filled in as encountered.

Characters

Here is where all the player characters in this RP will be listed. Characters that have died will remain listed here for records.

(Player - Species - Character Name - Status)

-Cloudsong - Magikarp - Traix - Alive
-Mai - Marakacchi - Mariambette - Alive
-Alarune - Aaken - No name yet - Alive
-Exo Raikou
-Kindling Queen
-

Last edited:
aaaaa I remember this! I was going to re-make it but I never got around to it. I did make a lot of sprites of prehistoric versions of current Pokemon, though, if you'd want me to find them?
edit: found them in my ages old abandoned sprite request thread

o.o I. Love. This. I wish to marry it <3 But seeing as I can't, I suppose I will just look at this idea with lovesick eyes and write up a form for it :3

Name: Traix (try-x)
Species: Magikarp. Because a prehistoric Gyarados will be epic.
Other: He. Um. Is not the same as today's Magikarp. There's zero chance of him surviving if Magikarp were the same back then as they are now. He's bigger, longer, and wider around, with longer fins and small fangs. Eyes like a snake's. Can use water attacks. (Hope all of this is okay '.')
Appearance: I'm gonna sprite up a half-scratch of what he looks like.

This sounds awesome. Reserve, please. Whenever I can think up a pokemon to be, I will have it up.

EDIT: I have figured it out. Mariambette the female marakacchi, please.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, last time this RP came up was when Diamond and Pearl were fresh in Japan! I was a little Shieldon... I think I'll be an Aaken this time around. I'll add more detail when I come up with some :v

I have no clue what those fifth gen mons are. Are they the fossil Pokemon this generation?

Oh yeah, modern mons. Keep in mind, folks, that a great many of them simply do not exist, haven't evolved yet. Relicanth is one of the few modern Pokemon that exists exactly the same in this time period as it does in modern ages. Most bug-types will be allowed, but they'll generally be larger than a modern specimen. Magikarp! Keep in mind its pokedex entries, that it was said to be a real badass long ago. Obviously, the fossil Pokemon will be exactly the same in the late Cretaceous as they are in modern Pokeworld.

Guess I'll start writing up archetypes/things to keep in mind, along with characters now.

Marakacchi is a cactus, which I hope is old enough.

556.png

Here it is. On veekun and bulbapedia if you'd like.

Hey, badass magikarps? A-ok with me ;)
(I did actually go and read the bulbapedia entry for it.)

Alright guys, sorry for the wait but whenever I've tried to post this thing I've been timed out (probably because I don't really sit to write it all at once]

Prehistoric Pokemon WILL start tomorrow at some point, so if you have any last minute changes/tweaks to your characters, consider them now.

Also consider how your characters are going to interact with each other. I may have a storyline in mind (possibly), but ya'll are going to be a much bigger influence on how that story goes.

Oh wait is this still open

Name: Lullay
Species: Yanma
Other: Lullay is very small, the size of a typical dragonfly

I think I'm the only one recycling a character :F

OO! OO! Can I join?
Name: Erin
Species: Elekid. He's smaller and faster than today's Elekid and only knows quick attack, low kick, and thunderpunch.
Appearance: A darker yellow than regular Elekid, his markings are an extremely dark black.

Last edited:
Name: Svanya
Species: Prehistoric Skarmory
Appearance: Svanya is 7' 9" and weighs 230+ lbs.
Her head has two smaller horns before the great horn aimed backwards which is also now much larger and jagged, her claws are also more flexible and longer than in modern day, her tail is no longer one but five in a bunched up circle at her rear and her teeth are much larger in size to the point that the top row hangs out of her beak. The wings are fairly the same despite their growth in size and the color scheme is altered to a deeper gray and thicker red.

Name: GODDAMN TURTLE Makka
Species: Abagoora
Apperance: I IZ A MOTHER F***ING TURTLE!! Ahem...Normal looking Abagoora, Alraune already posted the picture, the one beside the tiny turtle.
Other: I LIEK TUR- *shot*

Back
Top Bottom