• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Generation II PokéMafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
Generation II PokéMafia

Professor Layton characters don't work very well with Mafia roles (:c) so I'll go with a generic PokéMafia instead! But, in my attempts to make this game non-generic, I've added a mechanic that may or may not end up unbalancing the game! (Actually the game may or may not be imbalanced in general; I hope not, but this is my first time GMing a game, so bear with me.) Certain attacks (night actions) will have types. The types in this game will be Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting and Psychic. Most Pokémon will have a resistance to one type and a weakness to one type. If they are targeted by a move of the type that they resist, it won't affect them. If they are targeted by a super-effective move, their night action for that night will be negated.

RULES AND STUFF.

1) Mostly secret roles, but you will definitely have an inspector, two doctors and a vigilante. As you've probably gathered from the name, Pokémon will be from generations I and II although there may be attacks from later generations.
2) Identities (Pokémon name) and alignments will be revealed upon death.
3) There may or may not be an alien, depending on how many players I get (I'll let you know).
4) No out-of-thread communication unless otherwise specified in your role PM.
5) Night actions will not be randomized unless they are mandatory. So...send them in!
6) I'll need around 18-20 players. If not enough people join, I can cut out some roles, but the ones that'd be cut out are my favourites :(

(if I get one more 500 error trying to post this...>:()

Re: Generation II PokéMafia

Only need two more! :D Except when making this game I managed to forget that I'm going to be away for a bit over a week, starting Sunday, so this will probably have to be delayed until the 28th. Or there can be a really long first night or first day, I guess.

EDIT: One more! I'm thinking of starting the game now, since there's a role I want to scrap. But then everyone will forget about the game while I'm gone...decisions decisions.

EDIT AGAIN: Yes, eighteen! :D I think I will leave this open until the 28th, though. A week and a half for night actions seems like long enough for everyone to forget about the game, so.

Last edited:
Re: Generation II PokéMafia

All right, joining is closed now, role PMs will be sent out very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom