• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DELETE FORUM GAMES ENTIRELY?!

Forum games: stay or go?

• Total voters
Don't care if it stays, don't care if it goes. I rarely if ever post in there, so I wouldn't miss it if it went, but other people might.

I think we've had this discussion (or rather argument) before.

I don't really post there myself, but... why, really? Besides being a bit annoying, it does no harm (Except for when it takes up vast amounts of memory, but that's going to be regulated henceforth, is it not?) so I really see no point removing something which a good portion of members use for a bit of casual fun.

No! Most people go there to have some fun on the forums if something is going slow, or no one has done anything new.

I personally enjoy them because you can interacte with other members you don't normally talk to. By the forum games I've made quite a few friends. You could just delete the ones that take up too much space.

You can talk to people through visitor messages or - gasp! - on actual threads that have some kind of use.

I'd add on the fact that the Café of Doom in Insanity is for ~random~ discussion and that it wouldn't be deleted in the event that Forum Games does.

Café of Doom is currently deleted but that is just because I forgot to make a new thread for it.

Delete it. Please?

Also can we get rid of You Laugh You Lose permanently :( I soft-deleted since it's like 3500 posts but I don't really want it to come back.

I still don't understand why you are so desperate to have it DELETED FOREVER when you can just filter it out and pretend it doesn't exist.

I guess this is the same phenomenon that makes kids stomp on younger kids' sand castles just because they can, but I happen to be of the opinion that that's a pretty dickish thing to do, no matter how ugly the sand castle.

Last edited:
I don't really see why it shouldn't stay if the threads are kept at a reasonable length so that they don't mess up the rest of the forums. You could hide the forum so it doesn't inconvenience you in any way and that would be just the same for you as it not being there at all, wouldn't it? I don't post in that forum very much (if at all) myself, but there are other people who would miss it, I'm sure.

Doesn't it take up bandwidth, which could be adding to the whole 404 your page could not be loaded situation? :| Since all people do there is spam.

What would REALLY help is to increase the server's memory capacity. But I doubt that's ever gonna happen.

What would REALLY help is to increase the server's memory capacity. But I doubt that's ever gonna happen.
... It's not a problem if you take a few simple steps to not tax the server much, like, say, not using the same thread for 3k posts. Or not using vB. But that's harder.

...so

1. lock threads that hit a certain length and start them over
2. people who continue to bitch about forum games can hide it
3. profit???
4. /thread?

It is NOT a bandwidth issue. It's a memory issue, and the memory issue is apparently caused by queries of huge threads. Small threads should not be having any serious impact.

Wouldn't deleting the forum be simpler, since the mods never seem to close those threads (I'm assuming the whole 'block the forum if it pisses you off' applies to the mods too, meaning they block it, and never realize when the threads get out of hand).

The question is, why keep it. It doesn't add anything. Yeah, we're stomping on the sand castle or whatever, but it's such a stupid sand castle, really. :| And I have no sympathy for children who make sand castles. Go make something useful, eh.

Question: If you have posts in a forum, then it gets deleted, then do you lose all the posts that were in your postcount that were in that forum? If so, then I'm back to metapod if it gets deleted.

Back
Top Bottom