• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

LET'S PLAY VICTORIA: REVOLUTIONS, ANYONE?

Which country shall we conquer the world as?

• Denmark

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sweden

• Texas (modded so that the USA won't have claims on the Southwest)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Bavaria

• Portugal

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

nastypass

that bitch what arranges the blocks
Pronoun
they/her/hers
SO GUYS I have recently(-ish) become obsessed with Victoria: Revolutions and, since I've just completed a grand campaign as Spain and Brazil, will probably be doing a screenshot let's play of it here if there is any interest at all. For those of you who aren't familiar, Victoria is a grand strategy game by Paradox where you take control of any nation that existed in 1836, and control all aspects of it (military, political, and economic) up until 1934 and the start of World War II. It has a wiki here.

In addition to seeing if there's any interest in such a let's play, this thread will decide which country I play as; specifically, out of Denmark, Sweden, Bavaria, Portugal, or the Republic of Texas*. I'll post some screenshots with more detailed information on each once I can get on the desktop.

*The USA will have territorial claims on me if I play Texas unmodded. This means that they will likely try to brutally rape me every five years unless I suck their dick at every turn, in which case they might not try to annex me. If Texas is chosen I'm going to try to mod it so that they never gain cores on the southwest.

INFOTIME

bavariainfo.PNG

Bavaria has a decently sized population and industry and has gotten to 8th place (the lowest you need to be to be a Great Power) several times in the games I've played. Unfortunately, it is landlocked and perpetually allied with its neighbors as part of the Deutcher Bund, so it's pretty much impossible to expand. What I could do is wait until Austria turns me into the South German Federation, figure out how to break out alliance/satellite status then cut a path to the sea via Belgium or the Netherlands. However, I would have to not die to Austria, Prussia, or the North German Federation.

denmarkinfo.PNG

Denmark has a decently sized navy and army to start with which it has pretty much no way of supporting immediately. It does, however, occupy a decent spot in Europe: Holstein, the German minor directly south of it can be annexed if you declare war on it right away (if you wait more than a few weeks, Prussia will guarantee its independence and declare war on you if you declare war on it), and you're on good terms with the Russians and Swedes. Unfortunately, aside from Holstein, it doesn't have much room for expansion: beating up any other German minors will cause Prussia or Austria to rain hell on you. It can unify with Sweden to form Scandinavia through some chain of events involving one of your provinces and Prussia that I don't remember at the moment, but it's complicated and iirc it's easier to do as Sweden. Speaking of whom...

swedeninfo.PNG

Sweden's in a similar position to Denmark, except it's bigger and doesn't have bargaining chips in Iceland, Greenland, and the Virgin Islands. It's a bit easier to unify Scandinavia as Sweden, since the events that cause it depend on events it needs to decide on earlier on.

portugalinfo.PNG

Portugal is one of the declining powers in Europe, and the only option here that has colonies in Africa already claimed. The UK really likes it, and frequently guarantees its independence, so maintaining good relations with them and Spain is practically a must. The fact that we've already got colonies in Africa means we could beat the British and French to the interior if we feel like it, or simply colonize them, take the prestige, then sell them away for lots of money and/or technology.

texasinfo.PNG

Texas doesn't actually just have those three provinces, it also has Amarillo and Lubbock (the two red dots) and is occupying San Antonio (blue dot). Texas begins the game in a war of independence with Mexico which, unless it can pull the USA into, it is practically guaranteed to lose and either be re-annexed or lose everything but Austin (its capital). But if it can win, amazing things can ensue. Like that guy, if I play Texas, I will mod the game so that the US doesn't get claims on the southwest and rape me every five years. :c

Portugal! Scandinavia is for losers and I don't care about Bavaria or Texas.

I voted for Bavaria just 'cuz of Lederhosen, but it might be neat to see what Portugal could pull off, too.

double posting, but I don't care.

HEY EVERYONE WHO VOTED TEXAS

please pick a second choice :c I cannot find out how to mod the US' claims for the life of me

FINAL RESULT (sorry last texan, i'd like to start now :3):

Denmark 2, Sweden 3, Bavaria 3, Portugal 4 (newt changed via irc). Portugal wins, gonna start playing now. Expect the first update when I've got it together.

Megathread it, gawwwd!
Don't be a pussy!
I'm also too late to to vote, but that's okay.

Hope this goes well. : D
You totally stole my idea to Paradox.

Back
Top Bottom