• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Experimental Pokemafia (INNOCENT WIN)

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
All the role PMs have been sent out, so the Night officially begins now. Since this is Christmas Eve and I know many of you can't get to your computers because of holiday/family celebrations and whatnot, the Night will end at 12 noon, Central US Time, on this Monday, December 27.

Seven of the roles have been cut. I've listed them at the top of the signup thread.

Unless otherwise addressed in role descriptions, the following win conditions are universal:
1. The Mafia wins when they outnumber (not equal) the Innocents.
2. The Innocents win when all Mafia killing roles have been killed, UNLESS the variable role has been recruited by the Mafia, in which case the Innocents win when all Mafia killing roles and the variable role have been killed. (The Schizo role counts as a killing role.)

If faced with inactivity, all roles with a night action will have their night action randomized among those it makes sense to target (i.e. Mafia killer will not target another Mafia, Inspector will not target someone they’ve already targeted before, etc). Those with killing actions (this includes the Schizo) will get a “strike” each time they do not send in a night action. Three strikes and you’re dead.

Out-of-thread communication is not allowed except within the Mafia.

And a list of further errata as questions come up:
1. Healers, killers, schizos, roleblockers, etc. cannot target themselves. The Bus Driver can target himself.
2. A schizo's protection does not conflict with a healer's heal. Two schizos' protections do conflict with each other.
3. If multiple roleblockers/schizos target each other with roleblocks, it will be treated as nested: i.e. the roleblocker who is not targeted will roleblock his target, who will be blocked from roleblocking his target, who may successfully roleblock his target, and so forth. If the roleblocking is circular, all participants will be treated as blocked.
4. Anyone may choose not to use their night action (unless it is phrased as "must" rather than "may"), but you must tell me you don't want to use your night action (otherwise it will be randomized).
5. I send all of the necessary night-action-result PMs (for the Inspectors, Recruiting Mason, etc) at the end of the night, so you are free to change your night action before the night is over.

Last edited:
Re: Experimental Pokemafia (NIGHT 1)

The sun rises in the sky beyond the Tin Tower as the Pokemon awaken. They count their own number but come up two short. Perplexed, they search for the missing Pokemon.

Within minutes, they find the two bodies. One is the body of Pathos, a Xatu. His body is covered in scrapes and bruises that look like they came from blunt force trauma. The other body belongs to Mai, a Granbull, and appears to have died of blood loss from the lacerations that cover her body.

Pathos and Mai are dead. They were both innocent.
48 hours for discussion.

Re: Experimental Pokemafia (NIGHT 1)

Pathos I can understand, but why Mai? Probably a randomized night action.

My role is pretty useless... I'm not a vanilla but I'm not going to be of any use until the end of the game.

What roles do Granbull and Xatu correspond to? I think we ought to figure that out.

Finally, what is a bus driver. :(

Re: Experimental Pokemafia (DAY 1)

Bus driver picks two players and switches anything that they've been targeted by - if A is hit by protection, then B will get it instead, etc.

Pathos was probably a smart mafia kill, but it's suppose there was a Schizo death or something? Or the Vengeful Townie came into play, maybe.

Xatu being Vengeful Townie? That doesn't seem right to me. :/ It's much likelier Mai was a Schizo kill, I'd say. Unless I'm forgetting a killing role here.

Hey, don't mess with Xatu, da yo!!

But yeah, if I think about it, it's most likely a Schizo kill. Or perhaps an unfortunate Hider death? Or of course, a Vigilante but it's very unlikely the Vigilante will choose to kill on the first night.

/ponders the Pokémon meanings

Xatu is probably Inspector (or Bus Driver?), but I have no idea what Granbull could be.

Xatu could possibly be mason - I mean, one of its abilities is Synchronize, and Jack did warn that the effects would be more based on the names of the abilities than their in-game effects.

Granbull, however, gets Skittish. Could that be our Vengeful Townie? Or is that way too much of a stretch? I suppose it could also be a Hider, but I can't imagine any of the other roles corresponding to Granbull's abilities (Intimidate, Quick Feet and Skittish). Unless I'm just slow.

Quick Feet possibly could point to Hider - OH JESUS RUUUN /skitters behind Bachuru :c

Hm, that is true re: Xatu. Early Bird doesn't correspond to any of the roles, after all. Oh well. Sounds like a non-mason win for us, then!

But otherwise, as it's day one we don't have much to go on. *sigh* And I certainly don't have anything to reveal. Does anyone else?

Magic Mirror Xatu, anyone? Thief seems plausible enough with that. Intimidate and roleblocker seem to fit well, too.

Maybe Synchronize could be the Bus Driver role? Although I guess that doesn't really seem to fit. I think Intimidate (roleblock) seems the most likely for Granbull, though. Assuming relevant flavour text, I think Granbull is probably not the Vengeful Townie - wouldn't Xatu have at least some tooth marks?

I'm agreeing with everyone here about Mai's death being caused by the Schizo. It seems odd for the Mafia to go for a less experienced player first than a more experience player like Bachuru or Tailsy.

I don't really have anything to say about the 'what ability does Xatu and Granbull have' discussion, I'm not too familiar on what all the abilities do. Does anyone have a list on the effects of all abilities?

Uh-oh, two innocents.

Xatu has Synchronize, which copies status effects onto the inflictor, or Early Bird, which halves sleep time, or Magic Mirror, which reflects non-damaging moves at foes. Probably Syncrhonize or Magic Mirror; what would Early Bird do in a mafia game?

Granbull has Intimate, which lowers foes' attack in battle, or Quick Feet, which increases speed when hit by a status effect, or Skittish, which raises speed when hit by a dark, ghost, or bug move. Probably not Skittish.

It's still possible that the abilities have nothing to do with their deaths, though.

Their abilities probably don't affect their deaths, but it makes it easier for us to determine what roles are still in the game.

If Granbull has intimidate, that could mean that Mai was a roleblocker? It makes a bit of sense (to me anyway), as intimidating foes lowers attack, which in this game could equal preventing night actions? Idk :/

It's probably Roleblocker!Granbull, yeah. And it's more fun when the experienced players don't die on night zero (see: poor Kratos)!! I'm going to assume it was a particularly dumb Vigilante who decided to strike on night zero for some reason.

Unfortunately, speculating on who had what night action isn't going to help very much, considering we have Day One Syndrome. 8|

You keep stressing that we have nothing to go on, Tailsy. Any specific reason why?

... Hurr, because we don't? Unless an inspector feels like owning up. I'm not in inspector, so I have nothing to say. It's a common ailment of Day 1.

early bird could be Mafia since they get up early to kill but yet no it isn't.

Synch sounds vengeful... Granbull might be a vig?

Probably not death via Synchronize, since Granbull seems to have been killed via knifing.

Maybe the mafia has a Scizor or a Sneasel or a Gligar or some other claw-y Pokemon on their side?

Most Pokemafia usually have a Scyther as the don/in the mafia so does that explain it?

Last edited:

Discussion extended for 24 hours, as nobody's yet nominated a lynch target.

Back
Top Bottom