• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kali the Flygon

Devourer of Sandshrews
So yes, here's a holiday gift... a new RP in a time where there aren't many active RPs... merry christmas!

In the far northern reaches of Scandinavia, Vikings have been warring with Dragons, as well as with each other, to compete for limited resources, since times unknown. But 5 kids and 5 dragons (one of each of these species: Deadly Nadder, Hideous Zippleback, Gronckle, Monstrous Nightmare, and Night Fury) are attempting to change this by showing how the two societies can work together rather than fight. The kids each come from separate, rival villages, united each with one partner dragon in a common cause: to bring peace and respect to the region and finally end a conflict that has been boiling over for centuries. But even their own villages have been kept in the dark about the double life they have been running, in fear that they might hunt down and kill their friends.

Rules and Notes:

Any godmodding, powerplaying, and mary sues will result in being eaten:p
If you can't put together a full paragraph consistently, perhaps you should look elsewhere for RPs...
Humans can talk to other humans and Dragons can talk to other dragons... Intercommunication between species needs to rely more on gestures, expressions, often very nonverbal... try to think about ways to get your points across. One's own partner is most likely to know ones' personality and nuances most in detail.
Everyone can have one character, and NPCs will either be played by me or by request from someone else privately. If there aren't enough people signing up after several days, I may allow people to add an additional character.
Reserves will be honored for two days. After two days, I will accept no more reserves, only signups, and every remaining character will be open, first-come-first-serve.
If you read this section, please put all names of the sections of the sign-up sheet in bold
Do not kill off another player character except through permission or decree. Killing off NPCs may have dangerous consequences, but is not inherently banned.
I will start when I have 5 humans and 1 of each of the 5 dragon species listed.
Humans will be from 5 separate villages. Dragons may be either from a main dragon colony, or a loner.
This RP will be based on the movie, How to Train your Dragon[/i[, rather than the book series. For more information, please visit the official site(http://www.howtotrainyourdragon.com) or the wiki(http://howtotrainyourdragon.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Train_Your_Dragon_Wiki).

Sign-up sheet:

Name:(What do you or your partner call yourself?)
Age: (Assume dragons age similarly to humans. Ages should be between 9 and 15)
Species: (Human, Deadly Nadder, Hideous Zippleback, Gronckle, Monstrous Nightmare, or Night Fury)
Partner's name: (Discuss between players... ask)
Quick Bio: (Make a paragraph please... show you can make paragraphs in posts. Include where you come from and your place in your home society. After your partner has been determined, add how you two met)

Name: Mikael Larox
Species: Human
Partner's name: Valkyrie
Quick Bio: Coming from a small fishing island, Mikael loves to swim in the ocean and doing what his island is known for, fishing. He often keeps to himself, but always assists his father who just happens to be in charge of the fishing that goes on the small island. He spends most of his life on boats and in the water, but also keeps a secret spot that is only known to him. The island despises the dragons due to the fish they steal, as well as making it much more difficult to actually find fish in the ocean. Mikael doesn't think that violence isn't a great answer to the problem, and thinks that if they could find some other resource than fish, they could keep a simple alliance.

He met Valkyrie one normal day when he was fishing. Valkyrie was swimming in the water underneath when his hook accidentally caught onto her, injuring the wing of the dragon. He carefully brought her to his hiding spot in the dark of night and took care of her until she healed. In the process, they bonded and became very close friends.

Last edited:
Name: Thornface
Species: Deadly Nadder
Partner's name: Leif Svendsson
Quick Bio: This Deadly Nadder is big, rough, tough and quite mean. From the day she hatched she was a scrapper, squabbling with her siblings and with other Nadders as she grew older. She also has a reputation of being a bit of a bully, always taking the best she could get for herself. She generally flies and hunts alone, and would only occasionally participate in village raids.
Surprisingly, however, in her nest on a seaside cliff she keeps a trio of Terrible Terrors and cares for them as if they were her own hatchlings, despite being an entirely different species.

Last edited:
Name: Valkyrie
Species: Night Fury
Partner's name: Mikael Larox

Quick Bio: Valkyrie was hatched on a tiny island, in the middle of a larger stone ring; the prefect place to stay hidden. She had a few other siblings, most of them boys. As such was larger than them, being a female, and bore a more impressive wingspan. She learned at a pretty average rate for her kind, learning to fish and fly, and teaching her weaker clutchmates and younger siblings as they were born.

She became pretty good at raids of viking ships and towns, and possesses a basic ability to swim with her wings, much like one flies.

Last edited:
Cherry Bomb, you could be my partner if you want, and even if not, I think Valkyrie is the best name of the 3.

Not finished yet...but I will do the bio tomorrow....it's getting late...

Name: Karina
Species: Monstrous Nightmare (Scarlet colored)
Partner's name: I dunno yet
Quick Bio: She was born on an island within a ring of islands. Most of the islands were dotted with inactive volcanoes. Her "pack" didn't really go on raids on viking towns, just on closer islands that had enough life to feed on. When the volcanoes on the food islands erupted, they had to move somewhere that was closer to life. They found that on an island nearer to a viking town.

Last edited:
Working on my own signup, but I think I'll be a human. I'm open to anyone as a partner, but I do have to say that the Deadly Nadder is a personal favorite of mine, if Alraune is interested...

Working on my own signup, but I think I'll be a human. I'm open to anyone as a partner, but I do have to say that the Deadly Nadder is a personal favorite of mine, if Alraune is interested...

Sure, I'm down. :D I'll probably polish up my signup thingy later today, I'm thinking I'll be a cool not-blue color. (Even if you don't consider the video games canon you totally see like, green Nadders and red Zipplebacks at the end of the movie so :v)

Name: Lusie
Partner's name: I don't yet, but I'll ask
Quick Bio: Born in the Rello village Lusie learned many skills. Her family were hunters, so she learned how to set traps, fish, use a bow and arrow and use a spear. She always loved to go out hunting because the forests were always so quiet. When the dragons came to war with the vikings she was always told to stay inside. Life for Lusie was never easy. There were rules in which hunters had to follow. They had to bring at lest 10 peices of food back to the village. Hunters had to share all the food with the village and if they didn't there would be problems. One day her parents went out hunting and never came back. After that, Lusie alway thought that if she were to bring more food to the village then normal or if she slayed a dragon and brought the remans to the village she might get something valubule. She was very lonely until she met a dragon.

Last edited:
Name: Leif Svendsson
Partner's name: Partnering with Alraune's character, yet to be named.
Quick Bio: In the village of Franhouer, Leif is the second son of the village chief, Svend the Hammer, a former blacksmith who founded the village. His 14 year old brother, Magnus, is the heir of the village, and as such, has clearly been treated as his father's favorite for as long as Leif can remember. Ever since he was a baby, he was picked on and 'punished' by his older, stronger brother, and in contrast to Magnus' large, muscular, imposing figure, Leif is rather short and a little scrawny. He always resented the way he felt he was treated, like an afterthought.

Titress, Big Red Cherry Bomb, and Flareth are accepted. Others are reserved. Celebu, can you read the rules and notes section again?

Back
Top Bottom