• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

FML moments

Ether's Bane

future Singaporean
Pronoun
he
What FML moments have you had in your Pokemon games?

A recent one for me was going up to fight Jasmine in HG, then realizing that I had five Water-types on my team. I got murdered by Magnemite again... and again... and again.

Fighting Geotis and his hydra-dragon murders Musashi (who knows ice beam) and Mechagon. When I'm out of Revives.

Spending an hour searching for a female Ralts (yes, I'm horribly sexist like that) at the beginning of Sapphire, only to have my Wurmple score a god-forsaken critical hit and murder the bloody thing.

any attempt I ever make at getting a 100 streak in the battle tower in platinum. holy fuck I've been trying for over a year now and nothing is coming of it

A few years ago, I was trying to get to the top of Mount Battle in Pokémon Colosseum and I was in the seventies or eighties, I think. I had a bunch of continues and everything, and then one day I accidentally restarted my challenge when I was trying to continue it! D:< Oh, and then I accidentally replaced my team and couldn't change it back because the Pokémon in my old team were past level fifty and the game didn't have an option to scale their levels back. :( Grrr, I haven't attempted it since.

any attempt I ever make at getting a 100 streak in the battle tower in platinum. holy fuck I've been trying for over a year now and nothing is coming of it

Right?

Especially when it's a Shedinja or something. The only move between the three on my team on my first try was the Kangaskhan's Sucker Punch. Here's how my first encounter with a Shedinja in the battle tower went:

Sucker Punch failed!
Shedinja used Sand Attack!
Sucker Punch missed!
Shedinja used Shadow Sneak!

Repeat that three more times until Sucker Punch is out of PP.

shedinja aren't hard (Stone Edge or Crunch take care of those). it's the ice- and electric-types that get me :(

Fighting Geotis and his hydra-dragon murders Musashi (who knows ice beam) and Mechagon. When I'm out of Revives.
... Geotis? Where is that spelling coming from?

Shiny minezumi!! ... caught by Araragi-hakase, because it was the damn tutorial. SECOND SHINY I HAVE SEEN IN A GAME AFTER CRYSTAL EVER and I didn't catch that one, either.

Especially when it's a Shedinja or something. The only move between the three on my team on my first try was the Kangaskhan's Sucker Punch.
I ran into a Shedinja in the Battle Hall with my Dragonite who knew no Shedinja-beating moves. ... She had a Choice Scarf on and I wore out ExtremeSpeed then won (barely) with Struggle. :D

And then I lost like five battles from the end because I forgot Grass had Abomasnow in it.

Last edited:
because that just reminds me of cheese which makes me laugh, not a good reaction to an evil overlord.

Well I could call him Geechisu/Geechis/Geetis/Geecis/Geotis/G'Cis.

To Quote TV Tropes: "* According to Word Of God, he's named after the G and C-sharp (or "Cis") timpanis of his battle theme.
** AND his last name is Harmonia. Play G and C-Sharp on a piano. They are a tritone (You music people out there know what I'm talking about) which is dissonance; unstable harmony."

So I like Geotis the best. Calling him Geechisu is like calling X "Ekkusu". Just because it's a literal transliteration doesn't make it good.

Well I could call him Geechisu/Geechis/Geetis/Geecis/Geotis/G'Cis.

To Quote TV Tropes: "* According to Word Of God, he's named after the G and C-sharp (or "Cis") timpanis of his battle theme.
** AND his last name is Harmonia. Play G and C-Sharp on a piano. They are a tritone (You music people out there know what I'm talking about) which is dissonance; unstable harmony."

So I like Geotis the best. Calling him Geechisu is like calling X "Ekkusu". Just because it's a literal transliteration doesn't make it good.
... I still don't see where Geotis is coming from, other than possibly a misspelling of Goetis.

... Uh. ekkusu is very clearly X. Geechisu could be all sorts of things. It's not a good analogy.

When I was younger I came across a shiny Machop. Of course, being an idiot, I think 'Will I get more points if I defeat it?' and I cause the bloody thing to faint. Looking back now, I facepalm.

I killed Ho-oh in Gold and saved the game. I suppose I could have started a new game, but whatever. I ran from a shiny Wingull in Sapphire and didn't realize it until a while after it happened (I noticed that it had the sparkle animation, but I didn't really think anything of it because I didn't know about shinies at the time and I hardly noticed the color difference). And when I found my Silver version's save file deleted from a dead internal battery. I had some pretty good Pokemon on that cartridge too...

Back
Top Bottom