• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Johto Pokémafia (INNOCENTS WIN)

Eifie

oh man, good times.
Pronoun
she/her
Johto Pokémafia (INNOCENTS WIN)

(because "Johto" sounds so much better than "Generation II"!)

All right, all role PMs have been sent out. Please let me know if you didn't receive one. You have fourty-four hours for night actions. (weird number because 1 AM is going to get a bit inconvenient for changing phases)

Rules:
  • Out-of-thread communication is not permitted unless it has been otherwise specified in your role PM.
  • All flavour text is relevant, although I probably won't include much.
  • Alignments and Pokémon identities will be revealed upon death.
  • If your night action has been worded such that you "must" do something, then it is mandatory and will be randomized if not sent in. Otherwise, you may choose not to use your night action and it will not be randomized. I will not kill people for inactivity, but I would prefer it if you would let me know if you choose not to use your night action.
  • Attacks with types associated with them are indicated in role PMs in the form of Attack (Type). Most Pokémon have one weakness and/or one resistance. If someone is targeted by an attack they are weak against, their night action will be voided. If targeted by an attack they are resistant to, that attack will not have an effect.
  • The five types in this game are Fire, Water, Electric, Fighting and Psychic. The Mafia have access to moves of all types. Not every Pokémon's weakness/resistance will necessarily correspond with their weaknesses/resistances in the games. However, no Pokémon will be weak against an attack it would normally be resistant to, or resistant to an attack it would normally have a weakness against.
  • Secret roles. There is no alien in this game. You have at least one inspector, two doctors and one vigilante. Not all roles are roles you'll have seen before on this forum.
  • You may not quote or paste screenshots of PMs I have sent you concerning the game. Paraphrasing is fine.
  • If you have any questions about your role or the game in general, feel free to ask in the thread or PM me!
  • more to be added as I think of things I forgot

So, the night starts now! It will end at approximately 9:30 PM EST (GMT-5) on Thursday, December 30th.

Last edited:
Re: Johto PokéMafia (NIGHT ONE)

The Pokémon awaken slowly, expecting the worst. When they look around, they are surprised to find all of their number still there.

---

Nobody has died. You have fourty-eight hours for discussion.

Re: Johto PokéMafia (DAY ONE)

Erm... so possibilities are what, a lucky Healer, an activated Alien, the target was resistant to the attacker's element, maybe we have a Bulletproof or other multiple-life role, or a role that can avoid attacks (like Glaceon in the old rules before the forum exploded a couple years ago, if anyone remembers that). Or a Mafia who didn't kill last night. Any other possibilities, off the top of anyone's head?

Sorry. Derp.

AFAIK all my other suggestions are still valid though.

'Tis okay.

As far as I know, those are the only possibilities.

Erm... so possibilities are what, a lucky Healer, an activated Alien, the target was resistant to the attacker's element, maybe we have a Bulletproof or other multiple-life role, or a role that can avoid attacks (like Glaceon in the old rules before the forum exploded a couple years ago, if anyone remembers that). Or a Mafia who didn't kill last night. Any other possibilities, off the top of anyone's head?
Knowing that there is no Alien, we can be safe about lynching. It makes me happy.

Probably the most likely events were a resist or bulletproof, as a healer being lucky has a low chance.

Getting targeted by a super effective attack also blocks your night action. I wonder, do the healers' moves have types? If so, some of us might be unable to get healed. And if you resist a healing but get targeted by one that affects you, will you die, EE? That might be pretty terrible if somebody gets healed by the wrong person.

So yay? This is good? I like it when no one dies in a non-alien game.

I don't think the mafia's attacks are typed.

Think about it: what good would the mafia be if it couldn't kill a certain member?

So I think that the mafia

a) use a different attack type than the regular five (Normal?)
b) can choose the type of attack they use
c) have a randomly generated attack type
d) use typeless attacks, which is what I believe is the case here.

So, EE: could there be a sixth type you're not telling us about? I just want to know if the possibility exists; if you could rule it out that would be awesome.

The Mafia have access to moves of all five types. (I meant to say this before, but I guess I forgot)

Last edited:

Maybe there are five mafia, and one gets to attack per night? Or there are a few multi-types or something and the entire faction gets one attack per night?

Maybe there are five mafia, and one gets to attack per night? Or there are a few multi-types or something and the entire faction gets one attack per night?

In a game where there are 17 players, that means we would have about a third of players mafia. Not very likely, is it?

Either the mafia chooses the types of attacks it can use or it's randomly generated each time. I can't think of any other way.

Besides, if the latter was true the game could become unwinnable for the mafia once their numbers were low enough.

Maybe the Mafia have more than one attack that they can use (such as a Lanturn with surf and thunderbolt)?

Anyway, would it be worth randylynching today, or would it be best to wait until something actually happens during tomorrows night phase (if anything does happen) to decide?
I think it might be best to wait it out a bit, but there's always the possibility that we get lucky and lynch a mafia member if we do decide to do it.

Hmm. I think it's most likely going to be that the Mafia can choose their attack type, in my opinion. I say we should wait till tomorrow to lynch though, so we have more evidence.

I think Unown makes a lot of sense, actually; although in that case I don't know why they would be able to choose their type.

I think the typing is randomized, personally.

Randylynch might not be the best idea, but I want to know how the flavor text for deaths work. Like, do they give you the name of the Pokemon?

Back
Top Bottom