• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pie-Errific Sprites

iLike2EatPiez

... is raiding your fridge for pastry delights. =D
Okay, so I'm kind of new to spriting. Just a few months ago I started actually making decent sprites, and now I've decided to take requests to improve my spriting skills. Here's some of my sprites (and what kinds of sprites I can make):

Splices

Luxbull-1.png
Garphlosion-1.png
Meopix.png
Mewquaza-1.png
Arcamoth.png
Bulpidgnido.png

Some of them are kind of odd, I thought... Anyways, if you want to request a splice, I can do up to three Pokemon in one splice.

Recolors

Goldenbrand-Dodrio.png
GreycobaltBay.png
Lookarreeyoh-1.png
DarkStunky.png
Rapidash.png
Arkeeyoose.png

To request, list the Pokemon and how you want me to recolor it. (duh)

Revamps

RevampedMewtwo.png
RevampedVaporeon.png

Request if you want one...?

Devamps

ShayminSkyForme.png

I'm now taking Devamp requests. Please request or critique!

Re-Types

FlyingAbsol.png
WaterLucario.png
soiherduliekretypedmudkipz.png
IceCynda-Line.png

Request one if you'd like...

NEW: Re-Poses

SableyeRe-Pose.png
Lati-Swap.png

These are my first Re-Poses in... ever. So, please critique if you have any advice. If you request one, don't expect anything too professional. ^^;

"Super-Shades"

Super-ShadedRayquaza.png
Super-ShadedRhydon.png
Super-ShadedGallade.png
Super-ShadedSpheal.png

These are something I came up with. They are just sprites with extra shading added. You can request them, but they take longer than other sprites. Depending on the Pokemon (and my mood), these can take up to a day or two, or even longer.

So, please request or critique (or both!). ^^

EDIT: Considering the huge amount of requests I'm getting (and how many headaches so much spriting can produce)... There are two "rules" I'm going to set in place. First, I'll only make one sprite at a time. This means, do not post asking for two or more sprites at once. I will only make another sprite for you after the previous sprite is finished.

Second, I'm making a request list, and am going to take three requests at a time. Once three people have requested, requests are closed again. Once I finish three sprites, they open again.

Current Request List-
1. Super-Shaded Torterra
2. Super-Shaded Rampardos
3. Ice-Type Blaziken

Sorry if this seems strict or anything, but it is a bit "stressful" to have so many requests at once, especially when they include Super-Shades. Sometimes it can and will take over a day to finish some sprites and get them posted, so please be patient and bare with me... XP

Last edited:
On your revamps, it looks like you didn't use the DP colors or even look at the DP sprites. When you revamp you sometimes have to scrach. But you have the talent, I can say that right now. Can I have a super-shaded Mew?

Thanks, both of you. I'll keep that in mind, Ketsu!

As for both of your requests, I'll be on them in just a moment!

Awesome! You make those supershades look all.... 3-D and... nice. Therefore, could I have a supershaded Spheal?

Mewtwo, did you even botehr to read the other requests? Ketsu already asked for a supershaded Mew...

Okay. Both requests taken. FOR NOW, REQUESTS ARE CLOSED UNTIL I FINISH THE ONES ALREADY MADE. *goes to edit*

On the revamps, part of the reason is because the entire outline is the same shade. If you look on the D/P sprites, you see that even the outlines are shaded.

Thanks, Zulo. I think I was shading some of the outlines, but not as well as I should have been. Next time I make a revamp, I'll focus more on that.

Ketsu (and Mewtwo I suppose), here's Super-Shaded Mew:

Super-ShadedMew.png

The paws and tail came out with a bit too much purple, I thought... Anyways, let me know what you think.

Blastoise428, here's Super-Shaded Ralts:

Super-ShadedRalts.png

EDIT:

Here you go, Zephyrous Castform:

Super-ShadedSpheal.png

And Mewtwo:

Super-ShadedMewtwo.png

Requests resume... Yay?

Last edited:
When you revamp you have to scratch, and there are a couple tutorials which could probably help you with that - such as Butterfree's tutorial - because it's very important that you learn how to scratch-shade and do outlines. Practice makes perfect.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx

that's fine. I'd rather you did a good job and had it tomorrow than rush it and finish today anyways.

Sure, Tropiking. REQUESTS ARE ONCE AGAIN CLOSED. I won't be able to get on for a while tomorrow, and seeing as Super-Shades seem popular (though they take a very long time to make), I don't want requests to pile up...

Those super-shades look awesome! Too bad you aren't taking requests right now. I do have a question: Could you post a guide on making supershades? I actually had a similar idea a while ago, but I don't think it was like this. I remember it being a little...darker, but not quite 3D-ish like yours. Anyways, keep up the good work!

Here's Gallade, Zulo:

Super-ShadedGallade.png

The blades came out a bit funny... Personally I like the front one; it looked more like a blade, but the other one... :/

Tropiking, both of your sprites are on the way... They just might take a while, considering Arcanine and Rhydon are kind of big and with multiple colors...

superyoshi888, that's a good idea! I might actually do that. All I ever use is Paint, however, so it would be a rather... limited... guide.

Back
Top Bottom