• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mafia: The Game [MAFIA WIN]

Role PM's have been sent out. If you did not get one, tell me and I will give you a role.

Anyways, rules:
1. Anyone who is inactive during day discussions for 2 days in a row will be killed for inactivity.
2. Daytime discussion will last for 48 hours, or until a majority is reached.
3. Night will last for 24 hours, but due to the holiday and the fact that it's the first night, it will be 48 hours for Night 0.

I'm very strict with times, I rarely have night/day last longer than specified, so do be aware of that.

Take nothing for granted in this game. Nothing. At all. Even what you think is a certainty might not be.

You have 48 hours to send in night actions due to the holiday. If all night actions get in before that, then we'll start Day 1 early.

Re: Mafia: The Game [Night 0]

It is a bright and cheerful morning in the town of Townland. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, cats are barking, and dogs are meowing, all in all a pretty typical day. The citizens sleepily get out of their beds and get ready for the day. Unfortunately, there were two people who were not rising from their beds.

The townspeople all feel a strange calling to the town square, almost as if there was a magnet placed inside of them that is pulling them towards the square. In the town square (which looks really quite wonderful by the way) they notice the body of one Wargle, with a red X planted on the back of both of his hands. He appeared to have been fatally shot through the head, because otherwise he would have been non-fatally shot and he would be okay.

The townspeople also notice that another person is missing. They search the buildings, and inside her home, they find Midnight, with a closed bottle of medicine in her hand, and a knife sticking out of her back.

So much for a good day.

Wargle is dead. They were not mafia
Midnight is dead. They were not mafia.

48 hours for discussion or until a majority is reached.

Hm. So I guess we've got two Mafia factions, or a vigilante/JoAT who decided to kill on the first night (or overeager vigilante that had to), or a dead fishing brother (although I don't think that was covered in the index of roles that Blaziking gave, actually).

Well, time for the question that's always asked: Is the flavour text relevant?

(Btw, you might want to change the phase to day.)

ETA: Or we could have a Paranoid Gun Owner or Suicidal Townie or a Schitzo or a SK or a dead cult leader and I think I've got them all now wow so many possibilities

Hm... there's not a lot to go on here. But I don't think there would be two Mafia factions in a game this size. If flavor text is relevent in any way, then I think that it is telling us that Midnight was a Healer.

Hm... there's not a lot to go on here. But I don't think there would be two Mafia factions in a game this size. If flavor text is relevent in any way, then I think that it is telling us that Midnight was a Healer.

I agree on the doctor part. But I would expect three or four Mafia members in a game of eighteen players, so two factions with two members each doesn't seem like too much. Then again, there are so many other ways two people could have died during the night.

What medecine...? Probably healer clash, I'm guessing? Anyway, I'll guess that the kills are mafia and schizo, both doing their work. But why would Midnight be holding the pills?

Blaziking, does the Flavor text mean anything?

I agree on the Healer part too. Although it might be possible that Midnight was a Weak Doctor, who dies if she protects a member of the mafia.

Or there could be two factions, like Emerald Espeon says. But wouldn't two deaths a day be a bit too fast with only twelve innocents (if we go by your theory) remaining?

Re: Mafia: The Game [Day 1]

So what's your take on Wargle's death? "[R]ed X planted on the back of both of his hands..."? I thought maybe role blocking, but that's probably not it.

I agree on the Healer part too. Although it might be possible that Midnight was a Weak Doctor, who dies if she protects a member of the mafia.

Or there could be two factions, like Emerald Espeon says. But wouldn't two deaths a day be a bit too fast with only twelve innocents (if we go by your theory) remaining?

Oh, Weak Doctor is a good idea!

Well, if there are two factions, then we'd better not sit around abstaining for too long! I've seen other games this size with two factions, so I think it's possible.

I don't think Midnight's death could have been healer clash - she had a knife sticking out of her back.

Or he could've been an insane doctor with a 50% chance of killing the patient.

And that's all I've got right now.

Yeah, ignore my first post, after I made that I relized I was wrong... sry about that

Hmm, weak doctor sounds plausible. I don't think it would be a clash due to the number of experienced people here that the doctors would want to heal. This does, however, depend on just how many doctors we have.

They shouldn't roleclaim, though, because that would put a big target on their faces. So, we either Abstain or wait for something suspicious to be said, like all day 1s.

BUT, this is only my 2nd game, so what do I know? XD

I think it probably would be best to abstain today, unless someone comes up with something else, so that tomorrow we can see if we get two deaths again. It's still pretty early in the day phase, though, so let's see what happens first.

I agree with the idea that Midnight was a weak doctor. Also, yeah, it's probably best to abstain unless something else comes up.

Weak doctor does sound pretty good. On abstaining, two people did die, but I guess we don't have any leads to lynch. We should actually get it done next time.

Weak doctor is probably the answer, since a healer clash is pretty unlikely. I think someone already said that there are a lot of experienced players here. Also, the bottle is closed, so it wasn't used, ruling out a healer clash.

We probably have to resort to random lynching..

Back
Top Bottom