• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Alien-Free Zeburaika Unova Mafia (DAY 5)

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
It is night zero. All night actions must be PMed to me in 48 hours.

Things to keep in mind:
1. If my PM seems vague to you, ask me about it.
2. Note that some of these are intentionally vague, and that some of the roles are just really obvious.
3. One of the players is a Zeburaika.
4. No aliens.
5. Think what I would do in a mafia game.
6. Votes will be counted manually. If a two-thirds majority is reached before the day is up, the day will end and lynches will proceed.
7. All Pokemon will be from Unova.
8. All Pokemon will be referred to by their Japanese names. It only affects one Pokemon here, but whatever.
9. Out-of-thread communication is strictly prohibited unless otherwise said so.
10. I will try very hard to confuse you. Make sure you pay attention to all the things I tell you that are certain.

Sample flavor text:

The town, after witnessing Karkat's unbelievably inspiring speech, unanimously decided to lynch Butterfree. Butterfree crawled over to the guillotine and sighed as the blade fell down onto her neck. A loud crunch was heard as the blade cut through her exoskeleton and warm red blood splattered all over her fuzzy white body.

Butterfree was dead. She was guilty.

(There won't be any of that species of Pokemon, by the way.)

Last edited:
Re: Alien-Free Zeburaika Unova Mafia (NIGHT 0)

Since a lot of you seemed to be confused by this...

You are innocent aligned unless explicitly stated otherwise.

Still waiting for the Mafia to make their night action.

The town awakens from its slumber to find one of their own dead on the street.

Jack_the_PumpkinKing's corpse lies dead on the street, having been chopped to pieces by a mystery assailant. His cadaver lay on the concrete, smelling like a bizarre mix of onions and lighter fluid. The town stares dumbfoundedly at the body.

Jack_the_PumpkinKing is dead. He was innocent.

Damn they took an innocent. Well I'm alive, don't know what we should do quite yet

Well, it's hardly like the Mafia will target themselves... pretty obviously a Mafia kill, seeing as Jack is a pretty good player.

Hm. I don't have any leads, sadly. :( Does anyone else?

Obligatory "oh no no leads wat do" Day 1 post.

Does death flavour text mean anything?

It could also be indicative of Jack's Pokemon...? Is there any Pokemon in the 5th gen that is somehow related to onions? idk seems like a bit of a stretch.

BETTING TRASHBAG POKÉMON

Smelly git.

If the flavor text means anything, then I am guessing that Jack is a fire type pokemon due to the lighter fluid. That's the only thing I can figure out the text assuming the flavor text is relating to what type of pokemon is killed.

BETTING TRASHBAG POKÉMON

Smelly git.

But rubbish doesn't smell like onions or lighter fluid. Unless you throw away lots of onions and lighters. Or Kam was just using "onions and lighter fluid" as a metaphor for "really bad".

If not, I really can't think of a specific Pokémon that has anything to do with either. At least not a Gen V one. And who ever heard of a Fire type soaking an opponent in lighter fluid before setting them on fire? They just, like, breathe that shit and be done with it.

Well, Kam, was the onions and lighter fluid part a metaphor, or is it actually meaningful.

Also, idk on what to do.

I find OrngSumb's comment 'oh no they took an innocent' a little suspicious. What else would they kill?

Perhaps Karkat is trying to throw us off with the 'onions and lighter fluid' text? He said that he was going to be confusing and vague.

In other words, I have no information other than random speculation (as usual) OTL

EDIT: Ninja'd (slightly)

What innocent would be stupid enough to kill randomly on the first day? Your chances of actually getting a Mafia member is nearly nonexistent.

Oh, BTW—Karkat, you forgot to 'kill' JAck_the_pumpkinking.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Well, Kam, was the onions and lighter fluid part a metaphor, or is it actually meaningful.

Flavour text is usually meaningful to a certain extent. It usually hints at the identity of the Pokemon. (For example, Butterfree was a Meraruba.)

This holds true with the late pumpkin king, although his identity won't make too much sense unless you know what it is already.

Hmm. Not sure about this really.

Mafia kill, most likely. Going for an experienced player.

Please excuse my absence, internet connection went out D:

Lighter fluid might be that candle pokemon, but... onions? The trashcan pokemon theory may work here. Perhaps a conversion of two attacks? It may lead us to what kind of pokemon we're dealing with.

Whoo for my fourth game :P

Well, I was thinking garbage bag Pokémon, but that doesn't actually seem to fit.

No leads, I guess. Just the Mafia going after a good player. :/

Back
Top Bottom