• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Copied sprites have black backgrounds

Fer-Snazzle

I am not yet dead!!! :D
Ok, both sprites in posts and from the sprite generator have black backgrounds when I copy them and repost them in "paint". Is there any way to get around this? Or anywhere I can get the sprites from that have white backgrounds?

...this doesn't belong in Forum Help, methinks. Anyway, if memory serves it's because Paint is having issues with the transparency in the images and so basically panics and makes the transparent areas black. Generally what people who work with Paint do is print-screen the image they want, cut it out and use that.

If you'd rather not go to the trouble and want to be able to work with transparency, you'll need a program like the GIMP that can support it.

actually iirc the issue is with the windows clipboard.

try saving the image and opening it in GIMP

If you are using Paint then you are doin' it wrong.

However Firefox on Windows may still have a problem with copying transparency due to the Windows clipboard being dumb or something. Worst case scenario, right-click > copy image location, then file > open location in GIMP or whatever editor. You don't need to save and reopen; GIMP can open URLs directly.

then following surskitty's advice won't work either since it specifically mentions GIMP :V and it is free anyway so getting it is generally not going to be an issue

but ok

just

don't ignore things you don't understand, jesus

Another way, if you only want to do it on Paint (I make all my sprites there), is to press "Print Screen" on the Pokémon Sprite Generator, which copies the current screen, and then just paste it and edit it down to what you need.

or you can not do that because it loses the transparency.

of course if you're using crappy tools like Paint you're not going to have transparency either.

then how did you get IrfanView ?_?

and wtf GIMP is only like the most used free image editor in the world

Easy solution if you just want it to have a white background so the outline isn't wrecked:

Use Internet Explorer. For me, at least, it turns the transparent background white instead of black for paint. About the only thing IE is good for, imho

Easy solution if you just want it to have a white background so the outline isn't wrecked:

Use Internet Explorer. For me, at least, it turns the transparent background white instead of black for paint. About the only thing IE is good for, imho

IE7 does the same thing, for me at least.

The print screen button is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom