• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Languages Do You Speak?

Drifloon Rocks

Honey, please don't eat the rancid dung.
I speak English and Spanish. I'm a pretty good spanish speaker for having only taken two years of it so far. Languages just click with me.

Mi Pokemon favorito es un globo morado con un nuve en la cabeza. No tiene un a boca, pero hay un X amarillo en la cara. Tiene dos cordeles para piernas y dos corazones amarillos en los. Es muy adorable, no?

Re: Hablas mas de una idioma? (Do you speak more than one language?)

English. Slovenian. I can understand written Croatian, Serbian, and Bosnian and semi-understand them spoken. I could survive speaking German (maybe).

Re: Hablas mas de una idioma? (Do you speak more than one language?)

I'm learning Chinese, but other than that I only speak English.

Yes, I know, typical monolingual American.

I speak English and am (slowly but surely) learning German.

Would love to learn Finnish, Croatian, and Dutch someday.

I only speak English, but I'd like to learn Italian someday.

I know a couple words in other languages, if that counts.

I speak English, and both Spanish and Mandarin reasonably well.

I also know many words and phrases from other languages...

And can understand basic spoken Cantonese.

Last edited:
I know English fluently, of course. And Spanish. But I am only able to speak it, I can't really read it that well. I mean, I can read it, but it takes a lot of effort. The same goes for writing in it.

Let me try writing something in Spanish: "Hola. Yo soy Arylett. Mi favorito Pokemon son Poochyena y Growlithe. El Espanol mio no es muy bueno. Yo puedo habla lo bien, pero scribiendo lo es muy difficult para me." Sorry if I spelled anything wrong, I don't know how to spell things properly. (Also, "difficult" is in there in English because I really can't spell it in Spanish.)

Also, I learned a bit of Latin, but not too much really. That class did not help me learn much, everyone just slacked off. So I switched into Spanish, so hopefully I can improve my writing and reading.

Last edited:
Uh, right now I can speak English and Pig-Latin, with a bit of french too. Although, what I would really like to learn is Japanese. (Hehe, I am Dragon_night-dono!)

(Also, "difficult" is in there in English because I really can't spell it in Spanish.)

"dificil"

I know English fluently, but Spanish gives me trouble sometimes. I can read and write it pretty well, and understand it more or less perfectly, but speaking it is a problem. I have trouble with some words and expressing what I want to, leading to me just pausing and staring blankly, getting very frustrated. It's pretty sad because I'm hispanic.

Thank you. I'll make a mental note of that.

You seem to have the opposite problem that I do. I am also Hispanic, so I should be able to write and read it! But um, not so properly.

Last edited:
English, Swedish, some French.

Going to pick up Chinese soon, since after all, I would be a disappointment if I didn't.

English, obviously. Completely fluent.
French. Semi-fluent.
A bit of Spanish
Tiny amounts of German, Dutch and Japanese.
Greek. Hooray!

I'd speak some Greek here, but, you know, it might kind of annoy people.

I can speak English and Moronese rather well. Also: 'Mi chiamo ultraviolet.' :D
I want to learn french though. *is jealous of MD*

Err... Swedish and English. That's that. I've read Spanish for a few years, but it's been a few years. I did learn the basics of French and German, too, but that was even more years ago :P

English, Japanese, Arabic, and some French (taking it in school).

I'd love to learn Chinese, but I don't know any good way of learning it. I can't find any classes here, and the language books I could pull up kind of sucked. :|

English, French, Portuguese and Dutch. Can understand Spanish and German if it's spoken slowly because they're quite similar to Portuguese and Dutch respectively.
I used to learn Japanese before I realized it was pretty useless to me but I still know a couple of words. Also took Latin classes, hard as hell, stopped after one mandatory year.

Hoping to learn Russian in the near future.

Swedish and English, I´m pretty good at Spanish too.
I can say some few words in French and Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom