• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Quick/Standard Mafia [MAFIA WIN]

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
  • no aliens
  • maximum 10 players, 2 of which will be Mafia (one Mafia kill per night)
  • one cop
  • one doctor
  • no other special roles
  • 24 hours per phase (or maybe a little longer if I'm busy)
  • if you don't speak during the day, you get one warning, then the second time, you're dead
  • the first time you don't turn in your night action if you have one, it will be randomized and you get a warning; the second time, you're dead
  • if you have a night action, you MUST use it
  • during the day, you MUST lynch someone - if there are no lynch votes, the player who has not posted in the longest amount of time will automatically die
  • no out-of-thread communication except between the Mafia
Chief Zackrai has his PMs turned off and cannot receive his role PM. He also has his visitor messages turned off, so I can't contact him that way either. My only method of communication is thusly via the forums at large; when you read this, Chief Zackrai, please turn on your PMs (or friend me or whatever? I dunno how it works, I never use that feature of the forums) and get in touch with me. resolved

You have 24 hours for night actions.

Last edited:
Re: Quick/Standard Mafia - Night 0

I'm finishing the night early because I love it when I get night actions in early.

A gunshot rings throughout the night, startling many, but nobody is brave enough to investigate until dawn. The townspeople gather in the morning to find, as expected, one of their number missing. After searching several houses, they find the corpse of Kirby-Chan with a bullet hole between his eyes, grasping a white pebble in his hand.

Kirby-Chan is dead. He was innocent.
Probably like 27 hours for discussion, since I have class until 1 CST tomorrow.

Last edited:

OKAY, LET'S DO THIS

It seems we have an active cop, doc, and Mafia which is all exciting and awesome and stuff so, hooray! :D Also I love the inactivity clause and this whole "you have to lynch" thing so since we only have about a day for discussion everyone should come and post soon so we can get started with that!

So. Hopefully Kirby-Chan wasn't one of our two power roles! The fact that most of us are vanilla innocents means that the Mafia can quite easily fakeclaim without getting caught, so our best (and possibly only) source of information will probably be the cop. (The doctor may also be able to confirm someone as innocent if nobody dies during the night - that would mean that the person they healed is innocent, because lucky doctor is the only way, I think, that there can be no deaths in this game.) Since there's only one doctor, there's no risk of healer clash so once our cop claims, the doctor can safely heal the cop each night without claiming. Of course there would be a problem if the doctor was dead, but the Mafia would have no way of knowing whether or not the doctor is alive and healing the cop.

I'm not saying that the cop should claim right now, though, unless they've found one of the Mafia (which is unlikely). If we lose our cop, I'm not really sure how we could win this game. :/ But if we don't hear from our cop, we will probably end up mis-lynching and just because most of the town are vanilla innocents doesn't mean that they're dispensible! I guess if we're about to lynch someone that the cop has inspected as innocent, or if the cop finds one of the Mafia, he/she should claim, but otherwise the cop should stay quiet, and hopefully we won't lose our doctor!

The length of this post makes it look far more helpful than it really is but yes come and talk everybody! :D

Kirdy Chan?

For a second I thought is said 'Starreh-chan' XD *previous username o3o*

Yes, I agree. If the cop has found a mafia, please say so. If not, don't say anything.

Yes Emerald, it does look rather helpful but kinda actually is a bit XD

THANK YOU for having no alien. Makes everything easier o3o

Aww an innocent is dead.

An "everybody roleclaim" plan sounds like a nice idea, but of course there are liars and everything. Who knows?

An "everybody roleclaim" plan sounds like a nice idea, but of course there are liars and everything. Who knows?

I don't think having everybody roleclaim would really do much to help, though. The Mafia could just claim vanilla townie and we'd have no way of telling otherwise.

(also, Jack, maybe you should change the title to "day one" c:)

I feel like Seri being the first to suggest everybody role claim is suggestive. Could you be Mafia and trying to figure out who to kill first to save yourself?

Re: Quick/Standard Mafia - Day One

I wonder if we have any healers?

What I find interesting is the Zackrai PM issue in the first post. It's funny, but I'm confused about it.

There's probably at least one healer in this game, since it's labeled as standard mafia.

I was just trying to be genuinely helpful by suggesting a possible plan! I guess it's not too popular.

The setup is two Mafia, a cop, a healer, and six vanilla innocents, I think.

He didn't have PMs turned on for whatever reason, so Jack needed him to turn it on? Also, why wouldn't we have healers? It says 'one doctor' right up at the top.

I wonder if we have any healers?

What I find interesting is the Zackrai PM issue in the first post. It's funny, but I'm confused about it.

Well, what if I'm the healer holding an important role? I still think Seri is of the guilty party. And what about you? How do we know you're not part of it?

Last edited:

Well, what if I'm the healer? I still think Seri is of the guilty party. And what about you? How do we know you're not part of it?

(If you are healer, better not tell us that!)

If you think Seri is guilty, though, why not agree with OrngSumb on that vote instead of going against him and voting Superbird?

Kirby chan seems like a weird choice for the mafia to kill. They're kinda new, aren't they? Or have they been in mafia games I haven't been in?

Bah, whatever. Personally I don't really see why we're jumping all over Seritinajii for what seems like a simple suggestion. I've GM'd a game where Seritinajii was mafia and he was much more subtle than "everybody roleclaim".

I'm going to abstain until I see solid evidence on why I should lynch him.

EDIT: derpderp totally forgot we have to lynch someone. As much as I don't like it, I guess I'll vote for Seritinajii, cause I guess what little evidence we have against him is enough.

Nah. Whoever's healer, heal me tonight. It's not Zackrai. Zackrai's mafia.

Chief Zackrai

Back
Top Bottom