• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mindscrew Mafia

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Otherwise known as Quick/Standard Mafia II: Electric Boogaloo, aka. Not Standard At All Any More.

ROLES
  • Mafia - The Don gets to kill once per night. If there are more than one Mafia, a Goon will ascend to become the Don if the current Don is killed. They appear as Mafia to both inspection and death.
  • Inspectors - They get to inspect a player every night. They get normal inspection results. They appear Innocent to both inspection and death.
  • Forensic Inspectors - They get to inspect a player every night. They get to see how a player would appear upon death. They appear Innocent to both inspection and death.
  • Townies - Vanilla innocents. They appear Innocent to both inspection and death.
  • Mimes - Distrusted innocents. They appear Innocent to inspection but appear as Mafia upon death.
  • Millers - Innocents marked by suspicious activity. They appear Innocent upon death, but appear as Mafia to inspection.
  • Death Millers - Extremely suspicious innocents. They appear as Mafia to inspection and upon death.
No aliens, doctors, or anything else not mentioned explicitly above.

PROPORTIONS
  • Equal proportions of Mafia, Inspectors, and Forensic Inspectors such that powered roles make up no more than half of the total population (so 11 or fewer would have 1 of each powered role, 12-17 would have 2 of each, 18-23 players would have 3 of each, 24-30 would have 4 of each, 30-36 would have 5 of each, etc.)
  • An undisclosed proportion between the four unpowered roles (Townies, Mimes, Millers, and Death Millers)
  • Most of you will be Mimes and Millers. There will be a relatively small but definitely nonzero amount each of Townies and Death Millers, so you can be confident but not completely sure that if an Inspector and Forensic Inspector agree that someone is Mafia, they're Mafia, or that if someone is innocent, they're powered.

THE OTHER RULES
  • if you don't speak during the day, you get one warning, then the second time, you're dead
  • the first time you don't turn in your night action if you have one, it will be randomized and you get a warning; the second time, you're dead
  • if you have a night action, you don't necessarily have to use it, but you MUST tell me if you'd like to refrain.
  • during the day, you MUST lynch someone - if there are no lynch votes or a tied vote, the last player to be killed will be PMed to choose between the tied parties (or between everyone, if there are no votes).
  • no out-of-thread communication except between the Mafia

AND THE MOST DEVILISH RULE OF THEM ALL
  • The game will not end automatically when all the Mafia are killed. Instead, you must agree to end the game when you think there are no more Mafia left. (You do this by voting, much like lynching or abstaining. Just put in boldface something like end the game.)
  • If there are still Mafia left when you decide to end the game, the Mafia wins, so be careful.
  • Especially impressive deductions, techniques, etc. done during play may earn the town a free CONTINUE at my discretion, which will automatically allow them to keep going after voting to end the game when there are still Mafia alive. This will be noted at the end of the day in which the CONTINUE is earned. You cannot lose a CONTINUE for bad play. The town can only hold one CONTINUE at a time. Keep in mind that if you have a CONTINUE and use it up needlessly, I will be less inclined to award another CONTINUE.
  • There's no particular reason I'm capitalizing CONTINUE, it just seems like the 8-bit thing to do.
This game will be open to signups for as long as people keep signing up; I will close signups and the game will start once no new players have signed up in 48 hours. (Or once we hit something ridiculously high like TV Tropes Mafia, but I really really doubt it'll get that far.)

Was this NAMED after my theories last game???

Mimes - Distrusted innocents. They appear Innocent to inspection but appear as Mafia upon death.
Millers - Innocents marked by suspicious activity. They appear Innocent upon death, but appear as Mafia to inspection.
Death Millers - Extremely suspicious innocents. They appear as Mafia to inspection and upon death.

Sounds like it.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.

Townies - Vanilla innocents. They appear Innocent to both inspection and death.
Yes, but are they icecream vendors? x3

I don't remember if that was PM for another game where I was doctor or in-thread for one of them, but that was a running gag where they made either healing icecream or poison icecream.

I should make a game out of that :D

Yes, but are they icecream vendors? x3

I don't remember if that was PM for another game where I was doctor or in-thread for one of them, but that was a running gag where they made either healing icecream or poison icecream.

I should make a game out of that :D

I made a game where a Baibanira was a regular townie.

So Superbird's a liar, eh? Helpful. We know who to lynch tomorrow. :D

Anyway, it wasn't that one. I think it was something mafia.

Anywayanyway, I'm doing a speedpaint.

Dunno why I needed to say that, I just did.

D: Aww...

See, if there was a role called IcecreamTownie I'd know it was based on last game. I found the post, BTW.

I also wanted to make a game where the vanilla innocents all make poison icecream, for a second innocent killing-role.

I think those roles come from this list of uncommon mafia roles that Jack found.

Yep. I just made up the name for the Mime, though; the role itself is an adaptation/variation of the Miller roles, but it wasn't named in the list there IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom